12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018

mo123mo

Nov 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have submitted my passport to indian consulate in SFO for PCC since i was submitting my documents by mail. I am yet to receive an update from them. They received my documents on 26th Nov 2018. Does anyone knows how long it takes to receive about PCC from SFO consulate.? I had heard that if the passport is issued in indian consulate in US we can get the PCC in few days. I would appreciate if anyone else has recently applied or received PCC from SFO can share their timeline.

Akshay
I had sent on 5th Nov ... They processed on 13 th Nov and got the PCC 11th Dec..

Sai4066

Jul 13, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need help. I am staying in USA currently. I got FBI PCC for US but for India Can I get pcc from Indian local police station and submit it.

Is that acceptable or should I only get PCC from nearest Indian embassy?

Anyone could advice on this will be helpful

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need help. I am staying in USA currently. I got FBI PCC for US but for India Can I get pcc from Indian local police station and submit it.

Is that acceptable or should I only get PCC from nearest Indian embassy?

Anyone could advice on this will be helpful
Hi, Did you got ur pcc.

sridharsahu08

Jan 24, 2019
In general, when did you send the docs to SFO consulate. Thanks!
17th Jan 2019 it reached them.
My address in passport is different than present permanent address so I was bit concerned as to how will I know if they sent request to Indian Police station for verification. My passport was renewed in Sfo location last year. So on 28th Jan I plan to email them and inquire.

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
17th Jan 2019 it reached them.
My address in passport is different than present permanent address so I was bit concerned as to how will I know if they sent request to Indian Police station for verification. My passport was renewed in Sfo location last year. So on 28th Jan I plan to email them and inquire.
To my knowledge and online research, they don't reach to local police station state wise, instead they sent request to Regional Passport Office as it covers country as a whole.

Also, if someone's passport renewed from consulate, than they receive PCC sooner compared to others.

jainv

Feb 5, 2019
I have couple of questions if anyone knows from their experience-
I am a US resident with Indian passport(current passport issued in India). I want to get a PCC but I do not want to send my passport away for 8 weeks as I might have travel plans. I wanted to know the following -
- Can I send notarized copy of passport instead of original passport to the consulate, to get the PCC by mail?
- If I get it done in person, do they still ask you to drop the original passport?
- Can I get my PCC from India instead of getting it from the embassy?

thanks in advance

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Did anyone lived in the US (or any other country) more than 10 years and still had to get PCC from Indian Consulate? As per requirement, IRCC needs PCC for past 10 years only but it is also mentioned that, After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

So, I'm guessing if you send only US PCC, they might come back and ask for Indian PCC because of Indian citizenship.

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
I have couple of questions if anyone knows from their experience-
I am a US resident with Indian passport(current passport issued in India). I want to get a PCC but I do not want to send my passport away for 8 weeks as I might have travel plans. I wanted to know the following -
- Can I send notarized copy of passport instead of original passport to the consulate, to get the PCC by mail?
- If I get it done in person, do they still ask you to drop the original passport?
- Can I get my PCC from India instead of getting it from the embassy?

thanks in advance
- The avg time line to get PCC from SFO consulate is approx 4 weeks.
- To get PCC by mail, you have to send original passport.
- If done in person, than you will receive your passport same day.
- People residing outside India, need to get PCC from their local consulate where they are currently residing.

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Guys,

I think i made a mistake in the personal particulars form . I am living in the USA and submitted my PCC by mail to SFO consulate. In the form, I gave references of two people living in my current locality (i.e in the USA), and not from people in INDIA.

Also my address in passport is different than current address, as my parents recently moved to a new house in different address.

I am not sure how the embassy treats this case. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards
Raj
Same, my parents moved to new town. Any advice how to apply for PCC in that case?