+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting PCC from India, Living in USA

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
I have got mixed feedback from acquaintances so far. I currently reside in Singapore and a citizen of India. In the process of submitting my application. I have already secured the PCC from the Indian Embassy in Singapore. I am planning for a vacation to India before the submission. Does this mean I should obtain a PCC again once I come back?

CIC website reads as follows:
"For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country"

I live in Singapore now. I dont live in India but visiting India on vacation. Any feedback appreciated
It is better to get new PCC from consulate after being back in US. Although one page says PCC is acceptable if it is within six months, another says that it must be after one left the country. But if IRCC rejects there is no scope of anything so its better to get a new one.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Did you received your PCC?
It took me 2 weeks to get my PCC from Indian consulate in Atlanta. The FBI were actually faster, they sent me the PCC 2 days from receiving the fingerprints.
Did you guys mail the docs to consulates or did you visited in person?

If mailed them do we need to send copies of old passport or just new passport copies and original

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Did you guys mail the docs to consulates or did you visited in person?

If mailed them do we need to send copies of old passport or just new passport copies and original
For me they asked to send only new passport and its copies. I sent it to SFO consulate.

Reactions: desmat

rdesai

Aug 30, 2018
USA
Hello Everyone,

I am in a tough situation.
I am currently residing in the US, and I visited the Indian Embassy in Washington DC to get my Indian PCC. They told me that they did not have my data in their system and asked me to fill Performa for verification of nationality status/antecedents form. Moreover, they said it would 30 days to get the certificate as they will send my details to Police station in India where I live and get verification from there.

I thought of getting a PCC from India itself as I could get it from Indian Police station, at my Indian address, faster.

Would a PCC from India work or does it needs to be from Indian Embassy from US as I reside out of India.

PS - My deadline to submit documents is November 5 and I do not know if Indian Embassy would provide the PCC by that time.

Thanks

nvade

Nov 2, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am in a tough situation.
I am currently residing in the US, and I visited the Indian Embassy in Washington DC to get my Indian PCC. They told me that they did not have my data in their system and asked me to fill Performa for verification of nationality status/antecedents form. Moreover, they said it would 30 days to get the certificate as they will send my details to Police station in India where I live and get verification from there.

I thought of getting a PCC from India itself as I could get it from Indian Police station, at my Indian address, faster.

Would a PCC from India work or does it needs to be from Indian Embassy from US as I reside out of India.

PS - My deadline to submit documents is November 5 and I do not know if Indian Embassy would provide the PCC by that time.

Thanks
Hello,
I'm a new member here and was wondering if you got your PCC from India. Could you please post your experience?
Thanks

nvade

Nov 2, 2018
I have got mixed feedback from acquaintances so far. I currently reside in Singapore and a citizen of India. In the process of submitting my application. I have already secured the PCC from the Indian Embassy in Singapore. I am planning for a vacation to India before the submission. Does this mean I should obtain a PCC again once I come back?

CIC website reads as follows:
"For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country"

I live in Singapore now. I dont live in India but visiting India on vacation. Any feedback appreciated
Hello Premchandar,
I'm exactly facing the same situation and wanted to know your experience. What did you end up doing? Do you think getting a PCC from india while I'm there for a 3 week vacation be better or should I come back and then get a new PCC from the embassy?

rdesai

Aug 30, 2018
USA
Hello,
I'm a new member here and was wondering if you got your PCC from India. Could you please post your experience?
Thanks
Yes I got my PCC after 40 days
I had to email them constantly to get it done, else they would have taken forever to do it.

nvade

Nov 2, 2018
I had to email them constantly to get it done, else they would have taken forever to do it.
Wow! That's a lot of time. I don't have that many days. Do they keep your paasport for that long as well? Any reason as to why it tokt them so long that you could think of? Thanks for your response

rdesai

Aug 30, 2018
USA
I had to email them constantly to get it done or else they would have taken forever to do it.
Wow! That's a lot of time. I don't have that many days. Do they keep your paasport for that long as well? Any reason as to why it tokt them so long that you could think of? Thanks for your response
No they don’t take your passport.
They say they send it to India for verification but 40 days is too much.
Which Indian Embassy are you applying to?

nvade

Nov 2, 2018
No they don’t take your passport.
They say they send it to India for verification but 40 days is too much.
Which Indian Embassy are you applying to?
Oh actually I'm going to India so I was wondering if I could get the PCC done in India at a local PSK. That's why I asked your experience. Thanks

rdesai

Aug 30, 2018
USA
Oh actually I'm going to India so I was wondering if I could get the PCC done in India at a local PSK. That's why I asked your experience. Thanks
Don’t know about that but CIC states that the date of PCC issued in a country you do not reside must be after the date you leave the country.
So take care of it because I’ve heard of applications getting rejected because of the date PCC was issued.
For your reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

nvade

Nov 2, 2018
Don’t know about that but CIC states that the date of PCC issued in a country you do not reside must be after the date you leave the country.
So take care of it because I’ve heard of applications getting rejected because of the date PCC was issued.
For your reference:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Thanks so much for your response. The link is a helpful resource. However what is of concern is this line from the link:
  • it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
That makes me believe that since I'm not going to stay in India for 6 months, perhaps, I can get the PCC either now or while in India. I'd really like someone who has been through this situation to help me. Thanks

rudranarayans

Dec 6, 2018
Guys,

I think i made a mistake in the personal particulars form . I am living in the USA and submitted my PCC by mail to SFO consulate. In the form, I gave references of two people living in my current locality (i.e in the USA), and not from people in INDIA.

Also my address in passport is different than current address, as my parents recently moved to a new house in different address.

I am not sure how the embassy treats this case. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards
Raj
Hi Raj

I have similar issues like you. Hence just two queries,

1. Did you have your Indian passport issues by Indian consulate in USA? If not, how long did they take to give you the PCC?
2. My parents too moved to a new place. I have the old address in my passport. So I wonder if I apply for the PCC in USA and the consulate run a check (my passport was issued back in India) on my old address where my parents don't live anymore, it might cause unnecessary delay.

Can you throw some light on how did you do this?

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have submitted my passport to indian consulate in SFO for PCC since i was submitting my documents by mail. I am yet to receive an update from them. They received my documents on 26th Nov 2018. Does anyone knows how long it takes to receive about PCC from SFO consulate.? I had heard that if the passport is issued in indian consulate in US we can get the PCC in few days. I would appreciate if anyone else has recently applied or received PCC from SFO can share their timeline.

Akshay