+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting my would wife to Canada - Quickest Route

Kush.k19

Jan 27, 2020
Thanks @armoured and @his*marty and understood.
I will try to file for the TRV asap and then outland PR as soon as I reach back Canada - assuming TRV might still be in process when I reach back Canada on 31st May.

btw -
1. Will job in India be a strong enough reason for her coming back for the VISA officer ? We can arrange her leave application letter on her company letter head signed by her manager ?

2. Independent of the 1st question - Is outland dependent PR application actually taking 12 months for processing ? Or once entering into the pool, it can get processed sooner ?

Thanks, Kush

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. Will job in India be a strong enough reason for her coming back for the VISA officer ?

2. Independent of the 1st question - Is outland dependent PR application actually taking 12 months for processing ? Or once entering into the pool, it can get processed sooner ?
I don't think anyone can answer either of these questions.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thanks @armoured and @his*marty and understood.
I will try to file for the TRV asap and then outland PR as soon as I reach back Canada - assuming TRV might still be in process when I reach back Canada on 31st May.

btw -
1. Will job in India be a strong enough reason for her coming back for the VISA officer ? We can arrange her leave application letter on her company letter head signed by her manager ?

Thanks, Kush
1. It will likely not be enough. If she has property, family to care for etc. include that information. Also, provide 6 months of bank statements to prove she has sufficient funds for her stay. There are TRV threads in the forums, I suggest you look for those and see what kind of proofs people are providing to show the spouse will return to the home country.

2. 12 months processing on 80% of applications pre-covid. There is no real way to judge this right now. It's possible it will be processed quicker as some have received PPR within 6 months or less... and lately I've been seeing things move fast for people who received AOR late last year, likely because they applied early - mid 2020. It seems they are trying to clear their backlogs - including sending files to VO's they would not normally go to.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
and yes, @armoured is right...nothing will guarantee the TRV. They are difficult to get for spouses due to strong ties to Canada. That is the biggest evidence and unfortunately, in the favour of IRCC.

Kush.k19

Jan 27, 2020
Thanks @his*marty for your responses. I will check the TRV forum as you suggested.

I am currently preparing her application for the TRV and then will file her Outland Family Sponsorship application as soon as I reach Canada.

Also, could you tell me if at all she gets her TRV approved, can she travel to Canada with her Outland PR application is process ? Can filing her TRV now create any complications with regard to her Outland PR sponsorship application OR her travel to Canada on TRV(considering, it will approve) ?

Thanks,
Kush K

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks @his*marty for your responses. I will check the TRV forum as you suggested.

I am currently preparing her application for the TRV and then will file her Outland Family Sponsorship application as soon as I reach Canada.

Also, could you tell me if at all she gets her TRV approved, can she travel to Canada with her Outland PR application is process ? Can filing her TRV now create any complications with regard to her Outland PR sponsorship application OR her travel to Canada on TRV(considering, it will approve) ?

Thanks,
Kush K
If she gets the TRV approved then she can travel to Canada. No impact on the outland application.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

Thanks,
Kush K
Scylla answered your question. There is no issue traveling on TRV if there is a PR application in process. I think the only barriers right now for this month is if your spouse is in India or Pakistan as they have suspended flights for at least a month.

meyre76

Mar 26, 2022
Thank you @armoured

So her marital status on the TRV can change while it is in processing (I can plan to have the Biometric for TRV done from Dubai/Nepal depending on the VFS appointment and eligibility status there).
https://100001.onl/
So will the change in her marital status help in
1. increasing the approval chances on here application ?
2. expediting the application in anyway OR reducing the current processing time ?

Thanks,
Kush
You might want to check the TRV forum here.

Again, the odd situation right now is that they may not be processing or approving TRVs for those without exemptions - ie your spouse until you marry. I'm not certain but that was the case for a period (unofficially).

But generally, being married to a Canadian reduces the chances of being approved.

Yes, it's a bit of a vicious circle right now - can't get approved without being married, increased chance of denial if married.

I don't know about your other questions.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Again, the odd situation right now is that they may not be processing or approving TRVs for those without exemptions - ie your spouse until you marry. I'm not certain but that was the case for a period (unofficially).
I think those specific requirements - ie only TRVs for those with exemptions - have been lifted. But for the rest, the TRV forum is indeed the right place to look.

meyre76

Mar 26, 2022

Again, the odd situation right now is that they may not be processing or approving TRVs for those without exemptions - ie your spouse until you marry https://100001.onl/. I'm not certain but that was the case for a period (unofficially).

But generally, being married to a Canadian reduces the chances of being approved.

Yes, it's a bit of a vicious circle right now - can't get approved without being married, increased chance of denial if married.

I don't know about your other questions.
I got this,..