+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married July 3, please need some answers.

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
;D
Hello everyone.. the thing is, I am Uruguayan, and im getting married July 3, my fiance is canadian.
Right now i have a tourist visa, multiple entrances for a year, I arrived to Canada 2 months ago, inmigration gave me 6 months to stay in Canada, so I would have to go home before september, and then come back to canada again.

My questions are

1) do i still have to go to my country before this 6 months inmigration gave me, even if im already married?
2) Once I start applying for the residence, can i still go to my country whenever I want, maybe twice a year? or is better if i stay in Canada until my residence is done? Or do they keep my passport?
3) After applying for the residence.. how long would take me to receive a work permit?
4) what is better? applying outland or inland?

ANY ADVICES will be awesome.. we are so nervous about it and we dont know where to start.
Thanks in advance.

Beth and Brynn :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
1) You may apply for extensions of your visitor status. You have to do so at least 30 days before the current one expires.

2) If you apply Outland, you can still travel to your homeland. If you apply Inland, it is generally not recommended to leave the country, even with a multiple entry visa. A visa is NOT a guarantee of entry permisson, that is decided by the border official.

3) If you apply Inland and request a work permit at the same time, you may receive an Open Work Permit approx. 10 months after your application is received in CPC-Vegreville. If you apply Outland, you would have to request a work permit separately, and a tourist visa does not permit you to work.

4) "Better" is subjective, it depends on your circumstances. Each has advantages and disadvantages, only you can decide which is appropriate for your circumstances. Some advantages to Outland processing are that it preserves your right to appeal in the event of a denial, and you can leave Canada without jeopardising the application. Your application would be processed in Argentina if you chose the visa office responsible for your country, and their timeline is 12 months for 80% of applications on average. Read Leon's post in the very first thread on this forum for further details of the difference between Inland and Outland.

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
god.. 10 months for a open work permit?? :((
one more question.. because we are planning to go for the honey moon to my country.. do I have to tell the visa officer when I come back that i am applying for the residence OUTLAND? or shouldnt i even mention nothing about the residence?

and if im applyn inland, why is not recommended to leave the country?
as i was reading this post u mentioned.. outland is faster than inland?

thank you :))

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Beth0386 said:
one more question.. because we are planning to go for the honey moon to my country.. do I have to tell the visa officer when I come back that i am applying for the residence OUTLAND? or shouldnt i even mention nothing about the residence?
You don't have to tell the border official, unless he/she asks. I would say don't tell.
and if im applyn inland, why is not recommended to leave the country?
If you apply inland, you are supposed to stay in Canada during processing. If you leave, you may not be allowed back in, even with a multiple-entry visa. If you can't get back in, the inland application is over. You will have to start all over again with a new application. Even for emergencies, the gov't doesn't care and won't necessarily let you back in.
as i was reading this post u mentioned.. outland is faster than inland?
For almost all countries, outland is faster. For you, most applications through Buenas Aires are done in a year. With an inland application, you will only be getting your work permit at the 10-month stage, or so, and then there are months more of processing.

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
canadianwoman said:
You don't have to tell the border official, unless he/she asks. I would say don't tell.If you apply inland, you are supposed to stay in Canada during processing. If you leave, you may not be allowed back in, even with a multiple-entry visa. If you can't get back in, the inland application is over. You will have to start all over again with a new application. Even for emergencies, the gov't doesn't care and won't necessarily let you back in.For almost all countries, outland is faster. For you, most applications through Buenas Aires are done in a year. With an inland application, you will only be getting your work permit at the 10-month stage, or so, and then there are months more of processing.
why wouldnt i be allowed back? how would they know im applyn inland? because u told me before if they dont ask dont say anything.. do they know if i am applyn or not? i mean, the border officer knows?

thanksss

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beth0386 said:
why wouldnt i be allowed back? how would they know im applyn inland? because u told me before if they dont ask dont say anything.. do they know if i am applyn or not? i mean, the border officer knows?

thanksss
CBSA officers are a part of the immigration system. They have access to all of the information there is about you relating to Canadian Immigration.

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
Beth0386 said:

thanksss
You want to avoid giving out any kind of misleading information, They will ask you what your purpose in Canada is, How long you pan on staying, stuff like that. (If they find out you have a husband they WILL ask if you plan on applying for PR or if you already have)

They could deny you simply because they dont believe you will leave the country if your application is denied or that you wont leave at the end of your stay. Its not really worth the risk if you are applying inland to leave the country (especially if you are not from a Visa exempt country).

Beth0386

Apr 1, 2011
one more question, where can I find the fees for applying for the residence? Do I have to pay and my sponsor too? Or is the same??
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#permanent

dila2401

May 18, 2011
hello !
applying for a visitors visa ..when immigration process is on ... is it ok ??
once in canada ...will the visitors visa be extended ?? or can we change the visa for a working holiday visa ??