+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
Do you guys think we can make WhatsApp group for those who stuck with security?
This is a good idea. Inbox me your no(s) and I will make a group.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Thanks,,

Sorry Asked in a wrong way..........my ques was who initiate the security screening? CIO, ottawa or LVO???

And do they do it for FSW O as well?
I'm FSWO with Security screening
Ottawa VO is conducting it until my last GCMS notes, once its cleared file will go to LVO to finalize I suppose

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Thanks,,

Sorry Asked in a wrong way..........my ques was who initiate the security screening? CIO, ottawa or LVO???

And do they do it for FSW O as well?
My SS started after being moved to visa office, I am a FSW outland

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
Guys inbox me your nos. So far I've received 2 numbers only.

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Guys inbox me your nos. So far I've received 2 numbers only.
Can you generate a link of the group so I can share it with other people out of this thread?

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
The wait is killing and why special SS for us? What wrong we have done? I have lot of travel history (work related + tourism), around 20+ countries visited. My BGIP status changed on 27 Apr 2017, so based on earlier discussions, guess I will get PPR by worst case Sep-2017. Even I wanted to enter before Sep and have planned so many things. I have 3 months notice period from my current organisation, then my medical is expiring in Nov month. So based on my timeline, I won't have enough time to serve my notice period. As @Dragonfly said, I need to replan and go for some therapy. :confused:

EE - FSWO
AOR: 3 Dec 2016
BGIP: 27 Apr 2017
PPR: ?????????????????????????????????????????? Looks like next year :eek:

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
The wait is killing and why special SS for us? What wrong we have done? I have lot of travel history (work related + tourism), around 20+ countries visited. My BGIP status changed on 27 Apr 2017, so based on earlier discussions, guess I will get PPR by worst case Sep-2017. Even I wanted to enter before Sep and have planned so many things. I have 3 months notice period from my current organisation, then my medical is expiring in Nov month. So based on my timeline, I won't have enough time to serve my notice period. As @Dragonfly said, I need to replan and go for some therapy. :confused:

EE - FSWO
I don't have extensive travel history (only 2 countries total, no Middle East) but still stuck with SS. They just chose us randomly.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016

EE - FSWO
Have you raised a CSE for your application having crossed the 6 months mark? You cant speculate that you are stuck in security screening without GCMS notes or a CSE response confirming that they are doing additional background checks

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
Have you raised a CSE for your application having crossed the 6 months mark? You cant speculate that you are stuck in security screening without GCMS notes or a CSE response confirming that they are doing additional background checks
I had emailed them after 6 months of AOR date. This is what I received. As you see they don't provide much help. If it's not stuck in SS then where it is stuck? We thought that our profile was straight-forward. But we being randomly selected for what? :eek:

Good day,

Our office confirms that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

Regards,

XXXXXXX

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

XXXXXXXX

Unquote

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
I had emailed them after 6 months of AOR date. This is what I received. As you see they don't provide much help. If it's not stuck in SS then where it is stuck? We thought that our profile was straight-forward. But we being randomly selected for what? :eek:

Good day,

Our office confirms that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

Regards,

XXXXXXX

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

XXXXXXXX

Unquote
They just sent you the wrong response. Try to call them

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016

Good day,

Regards,

XXXXXXX

www.cic.gc.ca

XXXXXXXX

Unquote
Emails and calls are not reliable. After 6 months you need to raise a CSE.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
I am FSW outland from Pakistan. It has been six and half months since AOR on Dec 2 2016. I emailed CPC Ottawa (currently local visa office processing my file) after completing six months and they replied the following:

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verification. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests."

As per the CIC call agents, my Eligibility and Criminality checks have been passed and security is currently under process. For my spouse even the security check has been completed. Only my security is pending now. My CIC online account is showing IP stage 2 since Mar 17.

Based on this forum post and above email, I feel my file has been chosen for security screening. I have ordered GCMS notes yesterday to ascertain whether that's being the case or not. Even though I dont have much travel history except one year in the US for masters and then visit to UAE for some vacations.

Eager to know if my file is really in security screening? if yes then how long can it take?