+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Cana-Pak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
I’m at 14 months since SS, and 18 months since AOR. It seems it’s getting more common for files to take this long these days.
wow... and I was depressed thinking I am the only one here with SS delayed for a year... hope we get some good news this week.... Monday always starts with optimism... it's when Friday kicks in without a word from IRCC... makes you wait for the next 2 days feeling the world's turning too slow.

Reactions: MoeD

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
wow... and I was depressed thinking I am the only one here with SS delayed for a year... hope we get some good news this week.... Monday always starts with optimism... it's when Friday kicks in without a word from IRCC... makes you wait for the next 2 days feeling the world's turning too slow.
@Cana-Pak @MoeD sorry if I have asked this before, have you both applied for CBSA notes and CSIS letter to know the status of your application ??

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
@Cana-Pak @MoeD sorry if I have asked this before, have you both applied for CBSA notes and CSIS letter to know the status of your application ??
I have a few months ago; my file was still with CSIS. Ordered another round of CSIS notes a few days ago. CBSA notes show 4 activities, which “supposedly” means it’s close to being finalized.

Cana-Pak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
I have a few months ago; my file was still with CSIS. Ordered another round of CSIS notes a few days ago. CBSA notes show 4 activities, which “supposedly” means it’s close to being finalized.
I need to do the same. I haven't contacted IRCC since August, 2018...

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
I kept telling myself before I hit 1 year that it’ll be over by maximum a year. I didn’t know anyone whose file took longer. Then after 1 year, started finding people whose files took 2 years. Now I’m hoping mine wouldn’t take even longer!

Cana-Pak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
I kept telling myself before I hit 1 year that it’ll be over by maximum a year. I didn’t know anyone whose file took longer. Then after 1 year, started finding people whose files took 2 years. Now I’m hoping mine wouldn’t take even longer!
Hopefully, this week is our lucky week. I can almost feel the email for re-med request in our inboxes tomorrow morning...

Reactions: MoeD

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
So what exactly did the CSIS letter mention ?
In my CSIS letter it mentioned the exact same wording as @thereishope1 included in his post...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized.317706/page-491#post-7320735

The CBSA notes which you got showed 4 SS activities followed by another Activity, Security ?
When you ordered the GCMS/CBSA notes for the time how many activities were showing blank or in SS ?

Last edited:

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
So what exactly did the CSIS letter mention ?
In my CSIS letter it mentioned the exact same wording as @thereishope1 included in his post...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized.317706/page-491#post-7320735

The CBSA notes which you got showed 4 SS activities followed by another Activity, Security ?
When you ordered the GCMS/CBSA notes for the time how many activities were showing blank or in SS ?
Yeah my CSIS letter said the same thing.

CBSA notes showed the latest activity as “in progress by cbsa”.

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
Hi e-one, please any one could help me ? i recived this kind of email from ndvo in November 13, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in reference to subject’s application for admission to Canada.

Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

After that... im so confused i paid my parents RPRF fee upfront in 2017/12/15 but my application was under background checking.... yesterday i also recived an email that request me to pay RPRF fee again, which i contact with my MP whats going on with my application, he told me that i forgot to recived the recipet from them on the time of payment fee that they lost your RPRF fee....than i also paid again yesterday 490$ per person and recived the recipet from them, its mean my application is going to a approve or approved ?? or no they just ask me to pay the fee only ?

This is what i recived after payment of RPRF fee.

Thank you for your email. We have received the fees from your side. Please contact CPC-M for refund of overpeyment.

Regards

Last edited: