+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

ashrafteleb

Dec 29, 2022
Hi,

Does anyone has the email of Sydney office. I'm waiting for LPP since March 2023 (not 2024) and in notes it's not even started!!!!

Thanks

ashrafteleb

Dec 29, 2022
Have you got your MP involved? If so, what was the response?
Nothing, they contacted them twice and each time they tell them non-routine or the processing time is calculated from the FP request and a lot of non-sense that I doubted they contacted IRCC but found the two MP calls in the notes!

They got annoyed from me and last communication is "Tell us why you need your application finished urgently?"!!

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Nothing, they contacted them twice and each time they tell them non-routine or the processing time is calculated from the FP request and a lot of non-sense that I doubted they contacted IRCC but found the two MP calls in the notes!

They got annoyed from me and last communication is "Tell us why you need your application finished urgently?"!!
Wow...how about if you are not a citizen then you can't vote? Isn't that a legit enough reason?

Reactions: ashrafteleb

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021

I think you should file mandamus with a lawyer at this point your file is stuck somewhere. It is the only way to force them reveal why it is taking this long to process your file. My whole process is been 15 months. I am planning to do it when it is 17+ months

Reactions: ashrafteleb

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017

Do you know why is your application non-routine? Any comment about that in your GCMS notes? It has been 6 months for my AOR and not even test invite, now I am doubting if I am also a non routine guy for them.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I think you should file mandamus with a lawyer at this point your file is stuck somewhere. It is the only way to force them reveal why it is taking this long to process your file. My whole process is been 15 months. I am planning to do it when it is 17+ months
The thing is the mandamus process itself takes a LONG time, 12 months on average from what I've been reading. On top of that you are looking at $3000-4000 lawyer fees. Another thing is the lawyers will likely only take your case if there's a good chance of either IRCC responding with a decision date or the court sides with you. The 14 months processing time on IRCC's website is only a 80% target time, so even if you hit 17 months, the argument may not be convincing enough for the court to say IRCC is at fault.

I guess another depressing thing is unlike many other government agencies, IRCC doesn't have a service performance standard that they have to abide to, meaning they don't HAVE to complete tasks by defined timelines. It's total baloney, but that's how they run things apparently

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Do you know why is your application non-routine? Any comment about that in your GCMS notes? It has been 6 months for my AOR and not even test invite, now I am doubting if I am also a non routine guy for them.
I still think they just throw around and use the non-routine term willy nilly...and even if they don't call your file non-routine, they can still mess it up so bad that your timeline is totally off

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
The thing is the mandamus process itself takes a LONG time, 12 months on average from what I've been reading. On top of that you are looking at $3000-4000 lawyer fees. Another thing is the lawyers will likely only take your case if there's a good chance of either IRCC responding with a decision date or the court sides with you. The 14 months processing time on IRCC's website is only a 80% target time, so even if you hit 17 months, the argument may not be convincing enough for the court to say IRCC is at fault.

I guess another depressing thing is unless many other government agencies, IRCC doesn't have a service performance standard that they have to abide to, meaning they don't HAVE to complete tasks by defined timelines. It's total baloney, but that's how they run things apparently
I guess it also depends on case basis but i saw someone from another thread they gave him an oath date in one week after submitting first stage of mandamus(there are two stages). Have you been ordering gcms notes? what do you see there?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I guess it also depends on case basis but i saw someone from another thread they gave him an oath date in one week after submitting first stage of mandamus(there are two stages). Have you been ordering gcms notes? what do you see there?
The "two stages" are basically first the lawyer sends a letter to IRCC and said they took a case from the client to follow up on their application, if the lawyer doesn't hear back by a certain date, the lawyer will take the case to court....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

I have been ordering GCMS notes, but the latest one I got (a week ago) still said LPP not started.