+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

onakeme

Feb 24, 2019
I do not believe this is prior to BG completion as my BG was completed on February 20th and my notes were as of March 18th and location is also E-Grant Clearance Pending, LPP not started (assigned to RC-8090), AOR is also Nov 28, 2023. Primary office Vancouver
I also noted that I do not have a secondary office and it states something about transfer due to workload distribution. Primary Office is Niagara. Do you think we are in the black hole/ long wait for LPP & Oath? Thanks!

RTVM

Jan 15, 2024
I also noted that I do not have a secondary office and it states something about transfer due to workload distribution. Primary Office is Niagara. Do you think we are in the black hole/ long wait for LPP & Oath? Thanks!
Honestly, I have no idea. My secondary office is CPC-Sydney, it also does say Primary: Y (I assume means yes) under secondary office. I do not know if that means my secondary office is now my primary or has always been my primary. But I do know that it will be a very long wait when it comes to RC-8090

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Honestly, I have no idea. My secondary office is CPC-Sydney, it also does say Primary: Y (I assume means yes) under secondary office. I do not know if that means my secondary office is now my primary or has always been my primary. But I do know that it will be a very long wait when it comes to RC-8090
No it won't. RC 8090 is just the Sydney office and not indicative of whether or not an application will take longer or not. That myth needs to d!e.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
No it won't. RC 8090 is just the Sydney office and not indicative of whether or not an application will take longer or not. That myth needs to d!e.
It's not a myth. There are numerous others on this thread that had suffered months and months of waiting while files processed in other locations were done in merely 4-6 months.

RTVM

Jan 15, 2024
It's not a myth. There are numerous others on this thread that had suffered months and months of waiting while files processed in other locations were done in merely 4-6 months.
Based on your signature, you should have filed mandamus already, have you?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Based on your signature, you should have filed mandamus already, have you?
Not yet because it's rather costly to do so. My MP office told me they expected to get another update 8 weeks after the initial response from IRCC to them. So I'll wait for that and see if I want to take further steps.

Last edited:

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Okay, fair enough. My initial post was referring to RC-8090 as secondary office.

It appears most here have RC-8090 as the primary. I cannot speak to how much that affects processing times.

RTVM

Jan 15, 2024
Okay, fair enough. My initial post was referring to RC-8090 as secondary office.

It appears most here have RC-8090 as the primary. I cannot speak to how much that affects processing times.
Maybe you are right after all. RC-8090, does not necessarily mean it might take longer. LPP just got updated and I have an Oath date now.

But I will say this, my application assignment had a due date of March 29, 2024 according to the GCMS note I ordered.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Maybe you are right after all. RC-8090, does not necessarily mean it might take longer. LPP just got updated and I have an Oath date now.

But I will say this, my application assignment had a due date of March 29, 2024 according to the GCMS note I ordered.
Tracker has a delay of <2 days.

Also, the due date on GCMS is system generated so it is very unlikely that those will be followed.

Reactions: unsure dream

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
It is not a myth, but things have changed now. RC 8090 being a primary or secondary does delay your application, but in recent days some applications are being processed faster.

sunnyb7

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
It is not a myth, but things have changed now. RC 8090 being a primary or secondary does delay your application, but in recent days some applications are being processed faster.
Do you know people who got processed quickly by RC8090? How are you concluding that they have improved recently? All I see is despair in this thread.