+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Forgot to add the link of ATIP clauses:

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/
Talking about the timeline, until end of August, for MOST of applicants, SS was taking 4-6 months lately, then something happened (what? perhaps God will tell us afterlife). Now since than, we hear sporadic SS completion cases, like once or twice a month, exceeding 8 months and exceeding their service standard (120+120 days for extended one) - oops I forgot every case is different, eh! and its not even new, as in past few cases (different ;)) took more than a year. Like me many other folks touching 10 months mark being in SS. So yeah! Don't mush the mind in estimating either in time or timeline. As all predictive analytics doesn't apply to lottery system.

Reactions: citapplicant

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Talking about the timeline, until end of August, for MOST of applicants, SS was taking 4-6 months lately, then something happened (what? perhaps God will tell us afterlife). Now since than, we hear sporadic SS completion cases, like once or twice a month, exceeding 8 months and exceeding their service standard (120+120 days for extended one) - oops I forgot every case is different, eh! and its not even new, as in past few cases (different ;)) took more than a year. Like me many other folks touching 10 months mark being in SS. So yeah! Don't mush the mind in estimating either in time or timeline. As all predictive analytics doesn't apply to lottery system.
It really feels like a lottery system hahaha :(

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hmm I see. I mean my security clearance looks like Passed when I match "Status: Passed" from another section. So, I guess I'm waiting for the officer to pick up my file.

Yeah its passed clearly visible. Now anecdotally its been seen that post steps - the LPP and oath - usually happen pretty fast (max 2 months), again it might vary as per discretionary concerns of VO or office itself, you know why? Bcoz every case is different, and application is still under standard processing time, if not and exceeded 17 months, oops your application becomes non-routine, and time doesn't apply anymore, eh! Buhahaa

Last edited:

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hmm I see. I mean my security clearance looks like Passed when I match "Status: Passed" from another section. So, I guess I'm waiting for the officer to pick up my file.

Do you see BGC on your tracker or what? If in GCMS notes the redacted info reveals passed status, then it should show on tracker already, otherwise in 2-3 days as tracker lags. Did you ordered CSIS notes, what they reveal?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Do you see BGC on your tracker or what? If in GCMS notes the redacted info reveals passed status, then it should show on tracker already, otherwise in 2-3 days as tracker lags. Did you ordered CSIS notes, what they reveal?
I ordered from IRCC only. I ordered from CSIS about 30 minutes ago, and ordered from CBSA about 15 days ago and still waiting. Also, yeah my background check is complete. The only thing left is Prohibitions and Oath. Physical and Language is done, background is done (gave fingerprints), test complete. Just prohibitions.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I ordered from IRCC only. I ordered from CSIS about 30 minutes ago, and ordered from CBSA about 15 days ago and still waiting. Also, yeah my background check is complete. The only thing left is Prohibitions and Oath. Physical and Language is done, background is done (gave fingerprints), test complete. Just prohibitions.
Mamma mia, why the fuzz all about then? SS and BG, forget that. Now prohibition is step-sister of BG, sometimes during prohibition the step-brother (BG) also goes in process, thats normal. About prohibition check th

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/situtations-prevent-citizenship.html

now for timeline before 2023 applicants it literally took long and varied for each case, for 2023 applicants it took max 2 weeks for prohibition to be completed, given L and other P is completed like yours. So just hang tight it should be completed soon, hopefully and big hopefully, as its another orbit around black hole. A portal to RQ too but lets not mush mind yet over to that event horizon yet. Good luck and keep calm!

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Mamma mia, why the fuzz all about then? SS and BG, forget that. Now prohibition is step-sister of BG, sometimes during prohibition the step-brother (BG) also goes in process, thats normal. About prohibition check th

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/situtations-prevent-citizenship.html

now for timeline before 2023 applicants it literally took long and varied for each case, for 2023 applicants it took max 2 weeks for prohibition to be completed, given L and other P is completed like yours. So just hang tight it should be completed soon, hopefully and big hopefully, as its another orbit around black hole. A portal to RQ too but lets not mush mind yet over to that event horizon yet. Good luck and keep calm!
Ahaha thank you. Good luck to you as well and everyone!

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, my primary office is Sydney. I applied in March 2023 and my test was completed in the first week of June. Currently, I have LPP in progress.
I got my GCMS notes, and the due dates for LPP are 2024/03/11. Does this mean 11 March or 3 November?
Also, what are your dates?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hey guys, my primary office is Sydney. I applied in March 2023 and my test was completed in the first week of June. Currently, I have LPP in progress.
I got my GCMS notes, and the due dates for LPP are 2024/03/11. Does this mean 11 March or 3 November?
Also, what are your dates?
March 11
My due date is Jan 8 2024 but LPP got completed Nov 27,

Reactions: april2014_AINP

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
Hello. I got back GCMS notes from IRCC and I see some of the pages have both S.16(1)(c) and S.15(1). Is this normal?

My Criminality is Passed. Security clearance sections has everything redacted. I can't even say if it is in progress. Is there anything I should be looking for in the notes? Is having both S15 and S16 normal/common? Any insight will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

AJ2023

Feb 8, 2023
Send an email to CIT-SCARBOROUGH@cic.gc.ca explaining how you haven't received any update...also call and send a webform.
Thanks a lot, I have written to the email ID you shared, fingers crossed.
I sent a webform a month ago, no response. The GCMS notes however came in 15 days

I will try calling repeatedly.

Very curious to know if anyone else has had this long a wait time. I am trying to understand why is the wait so long for us

Reactions: Calgary222

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Thanks a lot, I have written to the email ID you shared, fingers crossed.
I sent a webform a month ago, no response. The GCMS notes however came in 15 days

I will try calling repeatedly.

Very curious to know if anyone else has had this long a wait time. I am trying to understand why is the wait so long for us
Pretty much everyone on this thread had been waiting for similar lengths of time

• Sad
Reactions: AJ2023