+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
IRCC always charged me $5 for GCMS notes and I think I've seen others saying the same too...hmm...that's odd
During the "Act & Record Selection" step, make sure you select "Privacy Act" from the drop down menu.

• Personal information is usually requested under the Privacy Act.
  • There are no fees charged for requests made under the Privacy Act.

Reactions: citapplicant

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
During the "Act & Record Selection" step, make sure you select "Privacy Act" from the drop down menu.
Hmm...I've always picked ATIP. I wonder if the information the system gives will be different depending on which option I pick....

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I don't think so, though I'm not sure. I think the point of Privacy Act is the right to know what the government is doing with your own information, and ATIP is for general government inquiry related stuff. Like, ATIP is something a news reporter would use to get data from government institutions while Privacy Act is for accessing individual private information.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I don't think so, though I'm not sure. I think the point of Privacy Act is the right to know what the government is doing with your own information, and ATIP is for general government inquiry related stuff. Like, ATIP is something a news reporter would use to get data from government institutions while Privacy Act is for accessing individual private information.
That selection between personal information or government information comes before the selection between Privacy Act or ATIP (see: https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/)

Reactions: citapplicant
Dec 2, 2023
I am no lawyer, but I feel somebody should organize a class action law suit against the IRCC, and the Sydney office in particular, on grounds of procedural unfairness, prolonged waiting time causing emotional stress and various travel issues, and arbitrary delays compared to other applicants who got assigned to other offices.

The situation is clearly absurd yet we are all sitting ducks - powerless to do anything about it.

Something got to be done to kick these lazy government bureaucrats in the butt.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I am no lawyer, but I feel somebody should organize a class action law suit against the IRCC, and the Sydney office in particular, on grounds of procedural unfairness, prolonged waiting time causing emotional stress and various travel issues, and arbitrary delays compared to other applicants who got assigned to other offices.

The situation is clearly absurd yet we are all sitting ducks - powerless to do anything about it.

Something got to be done to kick these lazy government bureaucrats in the butt.
Dealing with bureaucracy is like trying to nail jelly to a wall – nearly impossible.
In the realm of procedural unfairness, it's as if the dice are loaded against a fair outcome.

• Haha
Reactions: adstarscream732