+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
It is ridiculous how we ought to wait this long for LPP to complete when most are getting theirs completed in just days to 2-3 months.
The longest I've seen was 11 months from test to LPP!
IRCC lost a friend's paper application. he found out after 14 months. then he reapplied. gave his oath this week - took about 4 months from application date.

• Angry
Reactions: Calgary222

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
My application is June 6, 2022. Completed test on Dec 15. I did the test outside of Canada. My note has no PM03 but I had GU Mar 2 and Aug 23. My due date on note was 2023/06/08. IRCC has no sense of time so none of the stats matters to them. Sigh!
GU on Aug 23? Could be like @joolery application finalized but waiting for oath date.

Reactions: becca545

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Did you file one? When was that? Would you mind sharing the cost and process?
Yes, my timeline is in the signature :)

I filed in early June and was done with everything early August. It cost me under 5K, but potentially could be less or more, depending on how quickly the case would resolve.

I went with one of the law firms recommended on this forum, so I didn't have to know a lot about the process, though I had to provide large quantities of paperwork. At the time law firms were taking citizenship cases after around 18-20 months of processing, they seem to believe that the chance of succeeding earlier is not very high.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
IRCC lost a friend's paper application. he found out after 14 months. then he reapplied. gave his oath this week - took about 4 months from application date.
So irresponsible of them, I just hope they get their act together cuz this is really appalling.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: zagcollins

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Omg you are the extreme case. Did you file Mandamus? I think you are eligible by now.
I wouldn't say this is extreme, extreme was someone with 15 years of processing.

This is very common for 2019-2021 applicants. IRCC aims to process as many as possible in under 12 months, so if yours is not done in a year, it may get abandoned for months or years. It is very hard to know exactly how bad this is, since IRCC refuses to provide this kind of statistics. They very proudly declare that they process 80% in 12 months, but they wouldn't tell anything about the other 20%. And that is 10s of thousands of people, we can't tell how many are not on this forum, or maybe not keeping track and responding to all new messages.

Reactions: hgspsd8

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
My application is June 6, 2022. Completed test on Dec 15. I did the test outside of Canada. My note has no PM03 but I had GU Mar 2 and Aug 23. My due date on note was 2023/06/08. IRCC has no sense of time so none of the stats matters to them. Sigh!
I got my GCMS notes yesterday (on a Saturday afternoon!) and it was a snapshot of my file just after my GU and before my LPP completed. Seems like my GU was my file being assigned to an agent, there was no other updates that are visible to me. I also had the "PE" removed from my file status (project endeavour).

Hopefully you're right behind me, I had a GU on August 18 and then LPP complete and Oath scheduled on Sept 18 for Oct 3 (showing in portal on Sept 20)

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
did u get any updates after you gu most ppl after there 2nd gu a month after there llp show completed i got a gu on aug 26 just waiting until sept 26 to see if anything changes i hope so

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
I got my GCMS notes yesterday (on a Saturday afternoon!) and it was a snapshot of my file just after my GU and before my LPP completed. Seems like my GU was my file being assigned to an agent, there was no other updates that are visible to me. I also had the "PE" removed from my file status (project endeavour).

Hopefully you're right behind me, I had a GU on August 18 and then LPP complete and Oath scheduled on Sept 18 for Oct 3 (showing in portal on Sept 20)
Hi
I also got on Saturday it was just snap shot , normally we can see all process in notes but got only snap shots.
I applied citizenship on May 2022 and cleared test in March . Thanks

amoten1984

Jan 13, 2018
Hi guys, I just found out that I am in the infamous RC 8090 group :(. Here is my timeline and few bits from the recent GCMS notes. I have added my current status on the signature. Is anyone in the same group as me in Scarborough?

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
I just received my GCMS note as of 9/11/2023 and the LLP hasn’t started still despite of the second GU. I emailed to Marc Miller to his MP and minister mailbox. The autoreply says it would take him 6 weeks. Funny that the government can do that when we work for corporate we have to be responsive lol.

i think joolery also waited for a bit before getting any actual info. good chance they are scheduling ya for oath.

ambyg

Feb 20, 2019
I just received my GCMS note as of 9/11/2023 and the LLP hasn’t started still despite of the second GU. I emailed to Marc Miller to his MP and minister mailbox. The autoreply says it would take him 6 weeks. Funny that the government can do that when we work for corporate we have to be responsive lol.
I feel your pain. I am on the same boat. Mind sharing when did you apply for GCmS?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
ugggh. we are all in the same boat. to nowhere. drifting like sailors when we are just lost and broken.