14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
How about TWO years ;)

Mine was almost 10 months between test and LPP completed.

I have my oath on Oct 3 and based on other forum posts, I'll be attending with folks that applied over a year after me.

Reactions: Calgary222

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
If they have done it intentionally, they will reap what they sow.
I have no idea what happened with my application (gcms notes have nothing to help) and why it took so long, but I am just relieved that it got done finally. I forgive whoever it was that caused this inordinate delay without any explanation given. Hope they do not do it to others anymore. I also believe they changed the officer at the end and it moved very quickly after that.

Despite the long delay, it all happened very quickly at the end and quite efficiently that IRCC actually surprised me on the upside for a change.

Believe me, there are few cases where it drags on for years and years. So I am just mighty relieved that my Citizenship Journey is now successfully completed. I had put a lot of things on hold for this - I can now focus on beginning a new chapter in my life! :)

Good Luck to you guys as well.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I have no idea what happened with my application (gcms notes have nothing to help) and why it took so long, but I am just relieved that it got done finally. I forgive whoever it was that caused this inordinate delay without any explanation given. Hope they do not do it to others anymore. I also believe they changed the officer at the end and it moved very quickly after that.

Despite the long delay, it all happened very quickly at the end and quite efficiently that IRCC actually surprised me on the upside for a change.

Believe me, there are few cases where it drags on for years and years. So I am just mighty relieved that my Citizenship Journey is now successfully completed. I had put a lot of things on hold for this - I can now focus on beginning a new chapter in my life! :)

Good Luck to you guys as well.
That's big of you to be forgiving towards them, keeping your head high despite all the challenges you faced with them but in the end it is definitely worth the wait and hopefully you wouldn't have to deal with them again!
Hope those who are still waiting receive great news soon.
Thanks for sharing and wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

Last edited:
Reactions: destiny2016

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
My application is June 6, 2022. Completed test on Dec 15. I did the test outside of Canada. My note has no PM03 but I had GU Mar 2 and Aug 23. My due date on note was 2023/06/08. IRCC has no sense of time so none of the stats matters to them. Sigh!

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
My application is June 6, 2022. Completed test on Dec 15. I did the test outside of Canada. My note has no PM03 but I had GU Mar 2 and Aug 23. My due date on note was 2023/06/08. IRCC has no sense of time so none of the stats matters to them. Sigh!
Have you tried reaching out to your MP?
I haven't just wondering if you have.
I have noticed those who have given their test abroad, email their plane tickets and boarding pass once they return as proof.

Last edited:

cyruscyrus

Star Member
Aug 17, 2023
Applied in November 2022. BG passed March 2022. Test Passed March 2022. Its been 6 months since I passed the test. Radio Silence since then. I am on Grant Review PM03 as per the notes. Just waiting. Timelines in my signature.
What does PM03 mean?

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
I tried my MP and got 3 updates so far as they have a rule to get a new update every 60 days. Not much different honestly! I raised webforms and used soft tone to email Vancouver testing office. No update! I read the news that a lot of people filing Writ of Mandamus to Federal court and it is flood with number of applications. Same old Canada system. The court says they don’t have enough resources to process all applications so extra delay from that route too. Sign!

Despite of the continuing press news, I don’t know if that can impact our slothful government.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-court-immigration-cases-canada-2022-1.6778677

Have you tried reaching out to your MP?
I haven't just wondering if you have.
I have noticed those who have given their test abroad, email their plane tickets and boarding pass once they return as proof.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I tried my MP and got 3 updates so far as they have a rule to get a new update every 60 days. Not much different honestly! I raised webforms and used soft tone to email Vancouver testing office. No update! I read the news that a lot of people filing Writ of Mandamus to Federal court and it is flood with number of applications. Same old Canada system. The court says they don’t have enough resources to process all applications so extra delay from that route too. Sign!

Despite of the continuing press news, I don’t know if that can impact our slothful government.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-court-immigration-cases-canada-2022-1.6778677
If your file is in Sydney, I don't think emailing Vancouver would help much. Besides sending a webform and asking them to acknowledge your email, you can try sending an email to minister@cic.gc.ca (immigration issues concerning policies) and you can also reach the office of Marc Miller at Marc.Miller@parl.gc.ca
I might just do the same if I don't hear anything in the coming month and if I don't see any change in my next notes.

Reactions: becca545

bas12

Apr 20, 2018

I remember reading this article, and that actually made me hurry up with filing mandamus, because I was afraid that the court will get crashed, and this path will close. :)
But I am not aware that there were actually any issues, in the end everything was done very quickly from their side. So, maybe these reports are exaggerated. Or maybe they found more resources to deal with IRCC's little messes. On the other hand, I didn't have to go to hearing, so maybe that is the stage where you would feel the effects of overloading.

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Thank you and I will send them email to see if that will do anything.

If your file is in Sydney, I don't think emailing Vancouver would help much. Besides sending a webform and asking them to acknowledge your email, you can try sending an email to minister@cic.gc.ca (immigration issues concerning policies) and you can also reach the office of Marc Miller at Marc.Miller@parl.gc.ca
I might just do the same if I don't hear anything in the coming month and if I don't see any change in my next notes.

Reactions: Calgary222

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Did you file one? When was that? Would you mind sharing the cost and process?

I remember reading this article, and that actually made me hurry up with filing mandamus, because I was afraid that the court will get crashed, and this path will close. :)
But I am not aware that there were actually any issues, in the end everything was done very quickly from their side. So, maybe these reports are exaggerated. Or maybe they found more resources to deal with IRCC's little messes. On the other hand, I didn't have to go to hearing, so maybe that is the stage where you would feel the effects of overloading.