+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS note, score ITA or eAPR

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
Hello everyone,

Can you help me understand the GCMS notes: I have received mine and I see that my Canadian diploma has not been recognized, which means I have lost 50 points.
I'm still above the invitation round.
Then they indicate CRS verified score, which is below the ITA score. I don't get it at all, because with the eAPR score I'm above even counting the 50 points less.

The agent wrote that the score went below the round because of the certificate of qualifications.

But which CRS score counts, ITA or eAPR or verified score?
(because it's different, I earned points with the eAPR score)

What is the eAPR date? Is it different from the AOR date?

It says in note 1 that my file is approved and I've even received my P1, but I just want to understand the CRS scores.
Is it possible that this could cause a problem at this point?

I'm CEC inland
Thanks for your help !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

Can you help me understand the GCMS notes: I have received mine and I see that my Canadian diploma has not been recognized, which means I have lost 50 points.
I'm still above the invitation round.
Then they indicate CRS verified score, which is below the ITA score. I don't get it at all, because with the eAPR score I'm above even counting the 50 points less.

The agent wrote that the score went below the round because of the certificate of qualifications.

But which CRS score counts, ITA or eAPR or verified score?
(because it's different, I earned points with the eAPR score)

What is the eAPR date? Is it different from the AOR date?

It says in note 1 that my file is approved and I've even received my P1, but I just want to understand the CRS scores.
Is it possible that this could cause a problem at this point?

I'm CEC inland
Thanks for your help !
Hard to comment without knowing your profile, score and draw score. What is your certificate of qualification?

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
Hard to comment without knowing your profile, score and draw score. What is your certificate of qualification?
Score at ITA : 417
Score for round : 375
Score eAPR : 428 / verified score : 367

Score has fallen below minimum for round :
Certificate of qualification

I think it’s because the duration of my Canadian degree is less than a year.. is it DEP (Diploma of Vocational Studies)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Score at ITA : 417
Score for round : 375
Score eAPR : 428 / verified score : 367

Score has fallen below minimum for round :
Certificate of qualification

I think it’s because the duration of my Canadian degree is less than a year.. is it DEP (Diploma of Vocational Studies)
So were you claiming points for “certificate of qualification.“ This is for a licensed trade. What trade are you licensed in? This is not your DEP but your trade designation through Red Seal or provincial trade association. What school and program did you attend?

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
So were you claiming points for “certificate of qualification.“ This is for a licensed trade. What trade are you licensed in? This is not your DEP but your trade designation through Red Seal or provincial trade association. What school and program did you attend?
I'm a truck driver. I have over 10 years experience abroad and at the time of ITA I had one year and a few months experience in Canada. I got 2 years experience in Canada in September and according to my GCMS notes, processing started at the end of September. I think that's what made the eAPR score go up.
I lived in Quebec and to practice my profession I had to get my truck license again. Quebec recognized my experience in France and issued me with a truck driver's diploma.

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
I didn't say I had a certificate of qualification, but a Canadian certificate of competence. I don't understand why it says that.

I have never declared a certificate of qualification in my profile.
To the question: do you have a Canadian diploma, degree or competency certificate? I answered yes.
My job doesn't require a certificate of qualification, but certified training or diploma.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn't say I had a certificate of qualification, but a Canadian certificate of competence. I don't understand why it says that.

I have never declared a certificate of qualification in my profile.
To the question: do you have a Canadian diploma, degree or competency certificate? I answered yes.
My job doesn't require a certificate of qualification, but certified training or diploma.
I would have to know your profile and how you answered each question in your profile. What school did you attend?

The agent wrote that the score went below the round because of the certificate of qualifications. So what did you answer?

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
I would have to know your profile and how you answered each question in your profile. What school did you attend?

The agent wrote that the score went below the round because of the certificate of qualifications. So what did you answer?
I attended a school in Quebec specializing in trucking : CFTC

To the question "Do you have a Canadian diploma, degree or certificate?" I answered yes

Then they asked for the school's code and address, and I gave them the information.

But to the question: "Do you hold a certificate of qualification?" I answered: No

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023

Ok so, I just saw something, let me explain:

I'm French and I applied in French. "Certificate of competence" and "certificat of qualifications" mean two different things in French.
I logged on in English on my keyGC and "certificat de compétence" was translated as "certificat de qualification".
I transmitted my DEP, because during my exam in Quebec they verified my skills, my knowledge and recognized my experience in France and therefore issued me the DEP.
I did a RACQ (Reconnaissance des Acquis et des Compétences") which is an official procedure that, following the exam, issued me the DEP diploma.

Is this a certificate of qualifications?

In my previous answer, I told you that I had answered no to the question "détenez-vous un certificat de qualification?" in French, but the question is different in English,
I answered no to the question "Do you have a card or certificate to practice a skilled trade?" Such as plumbers... etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok so, I just saw something, let me explain:

I'm French and I applied in French. "Certificate of competence" and "certificat of qualifications" mean two different things in French.
I logged on in English on my keyGC and "certificat de compétence" was translated as "certificat de qualification".
I transmitted my DEP, because during my exam in Quebec they verified my skills, my knowledge and recognized my experience in France and therefore issued me the DEP.
I did a RACQ (Reconnaissance des Acquis et des Compétences") which is an official procedure that, following the exam, issued me the DEP diploma.

Is this a certificate of qualifications?

In my previous answer, I told you that I had answered no to the question "détenez-vous un certificat de qualification?" in French, but the question is different in English,
I answered no to the question "Do you have a card or certificate to practice a skilled trade?" Such as plumbers... etc.
Ok makes sense. So do your notes say approved or that you don’t meet the cut off? If approved then nothing to do. Your education is a DEP so 8 month certificate so is that considered post secondary? Nothing much you can do but wait for approval.

Reactions: chawelle

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
Ok makes sense. So do your notes say approved or that you don’t meet the cut off? If approved then nothing to do. Your education is a DEP so 8 month certificate so is that considered post secondary? Nothing much you can do but wait for approval.
The note 1 indicates that my application has been approved, I also received the P1 a few weeks ago. Is it possible that this still causing problems at this stage ?

Yes, my certificate is considered post secondary. But it wasn't recognized for my application, I don't know why.

But I'd like to understand which CRS score is important when considering my application: is it the ITA, eAPR score or the verified score ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The note 1 indicates that my application has been approved, I also received the P1 a few weeks ago. Is it possible that this still causing problems at this stage ?

Yes, my certificate is considered post secondary. But it wasn't recognized for my application, I don't know why.

But I'd like to understand which CRS score is important when considering my application: is it the ITA, eAPR score or the verified score ?
Usually verified if officers find an issue but your application has been approved. Assume you provided certificate/transcripts. All you can do is wait.

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
Usually verified if officers find an issue but your application has been approved. Assume you provided certificate/transcripts. All you can do is wait.
So, we can therefore consider that the final score is eAPR, not ITA ?

chawelle

Star Member
Nov 2, 2023
Not if IRCC changes your score so that would be verified score. eAPR is when you submit so your application. All you can do is wait since you have approval.
Sorry to bother you with this but, will my request still be checked between P1 and P2 ?