+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Further medical information for my wife

rnanndrews

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi We did medicals for me, my wife and my kid on 16-Nov and on 28th November, I got a mail saying that further medical information is required for my wife. The mail didn't say what test to be performed. On the first test, Dr said everything is fine. Why are they asking for 2nd test ? Have someone went through this scenario ? I am from Chennai and did medicals on Apollo. I applied for express entry and invited under cec catagory

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi We did medicals for me, my wife and my kid on 16-Nov and on 28th November, I got a mail saying that further medical information is required for my wife. The mail didn't say what test to be performed. On the first test, Dr said everything is fine. Why are they asking for 2nd test ? Have someone went through this scenario ? I am from Chennai and did medicals on Apollo. I applied for express entry and invited under cec catagory
After having my medicals done, I asked the doctor, "Will I get a diagnosis report?" and he replied, "If everything is OK, you will never hear from us, if something is wrong, we will contact you!".

Please get in touch with the place where you did the medicals at first.
Usually, it is something they have found in the blood test/x-ray diagnosis.

Your wife could be pregnant, she could have some kind or other medical condition or they simply could have done something wrong (happened to me twice- the x-ray didn't come right! they took it 3 times!) and need to re-do the test.

rnanndrews

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
After having my medicals done, I asked the doctor, "Will I get a diagnosis report?" and he replied, "If everything is OK, you will never hear from us, if something is wrong, we will contact you!".

Please get in touch with the place where you did the medicals at first.
Usually, it is something they have found in the blood test/x-ray diagnosis.

Your wife could be pregnant, she could have some kind or other medical condition or they simply could have done something wrong (happened to me twice- the x-ray didn't come right! they took it 3 times!) and need to re-do the test.
Just talked to the Clinic. Embassy asked for additional exam for my wife for TB. I am pretty sure she don't have it. Have anyone go through the same scenario ?

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just talked to the Clinic. Embassy asked for additional exam for my wife for TB. I am pretty sure she don't have it. Have anyone go through the same scenario ?
Yes, if they suspect TB they will ask for additional tests, happed to me although I have never had TB, additional test was CT scan and X-ray, further to which I have passed my medical

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Who did you get the mail from? Did you get your AOR?

rnanndrews

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Who did you get the mail from? Did you get your AOR?
I got ITA on October mid and I am collecting the documents. I will be submitting the documents next week. Intermediately we went for medical and embassy reviewed it and asked for the further exam. I didnt get AOR.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I got ITA on October mid and I am collecting the documents. I will be submitting the documents next week. Intermediately we went for medical and embassy reviewed it and asked for the further exam. I didnt get AOR.
No, I don't reckon the embassy reviewed it- its the hospital that determined this. Now, they will provide details of all your additional reports to CIC. The RMO (Regional Medical Officers) at CIC will review it and clear it OR determine additional tests again.

Hope you got an eMedical form- this has to be scanned and uploaded.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Nothing to worry if nothing is wrong or serious about your wife's health.
First thing, the letter sent by CIC won't reveal what the medical issue was. It will be mentioned in your hospital/clinic report. So one needs to call the institution from where the medical was done to get the exact issue pointed by CIC.

Secondly, most of the time the main concern is TB and the reason of second medical is most probably bcos the first XRay was not clear enough.
I was also asked to take a second XRay. Turns out the first one was not clear or they had some suspicion about my health.
The PR went smoothly after I submitted the second XRay.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Nothing to worry if nothing is wrong or serious about your wife's health.
First thing, the letter sent by CIC won't reveal what the medical issue was. It will be mentioned in your hospital/clinic report. So one needs to call the institution from where the medical was done to get the exact issue pointed by CIC.

Secondly, most of the time the main concern is TB and the reason of second medical is most probably bcos the first XRay was not clear enough.
I was also asked to take a second XRay. Turns out the first one was not clear or they had some suspicion about my health.
The PR went smoothly after I submitted the second XRay.
Hang on- this person hasn't even submitted his eAPR- its the clinic/hospital that has asked for additional tests based on the TB framework they follow according to CIC.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hang on- this person hasn't even submitted his eAPR- its the clinic/hospital that has asked for additional tests based on the TB framework they follow according to CIC.
One doesn't need to submit the eAPR to get his/her medical reviewed. Most of the medicals are done beforehand and CIC evaluates the medical as they are submitted for the ease of processing once eAPR is submitted.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
One doesn't need to submit the eAPR to get his/her medical reviewed. Most of the medicals are done beforehand and CIC evaluates the medical as they are submitted for the ease of processing once eAPR is submitted.
Dude, what are you talking about? How can the CIC review someone's medicals when it has not even been submitted? There are over a gazillion applications if that's the case.

I reiterate again, this is the hospital that has asked for additional tests and not the CIC !!!

rnanndrews

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Dude, what are you talking about? How can the CIC review someone's medicals when it has not even been submitted? There are over a gazillion applications if that's the case.

I reiterate again, this is the hospital that has asked for additional tests and not the CIC !!!
This is asked by CIC (I got mail from CIC for the additional test). They are reviewing the Medicals even before I submit my documents.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
This is asked by CIC (I got mail from CIC for the additional test). They are reviewing the Medicals even before I submit my documents.
My apologies as this doesn't seem to make sense to me- We haven't yet submitted the application, and CIC reviews it?

Now I did my medicals on 4 Nov, and submitted the eAPR on 14 Nov (AOR on same date)- I still don't have my medicals reviewed. On the other hand, you submitted your medicals on 16 Nov and got a request for additional tests even without eAPR. It's baffling to say the least.

rnanndrews

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
My apologies as this doesn't seem to make sense to me- We haven't yet submitted the application, and CIC reviews it?

Now I did my medicals on 4 Nov, and submitted the eAPR on 14 Nov (AOR on same date)- I still don't have my medicals reviewed. On the other hand, you submitted your medicals on 16 Nov and got a request for additional tests even without eAPR. It's baffling to say the least.
CIC is reviewing the medicals as soon as it is submitted by the hospital. They are assigning some temporary IME number (if there is no one) and finishing the medicals review.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
CIC is reviewing the medicals as soon as it is submitted by the hospital. They are assigning some temporary IME number (if there is no one) and finishing the medicals review.
Thanks- Surprised as why don't I see a review of my medicals- it's been a month since my medicals, and over 15 days since eAPR ! :)