I am new here...i wanna know what is difference b/w these 2 things---
Application forwarded to New Delhi Office : 22 Dec 2009

&

Documents submitted to New delhi office : 08 April 2010

D

drgladiator

vincentvarghese22 said:
yes gladiator. Indeed it is mandatory
many people got visa without surname...but if it mandatory then how will one know the eCAS ?

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
Rakesh

Rakesh Kumar

Rakesh Kumar chauhan

can be three diff people and can be the names of just one man

Thats why surname is important to cut this confusion

drgladiator said:
many people got visa without surname...but if it mandatory then how will one know the eCAS ?

D

drgladiator

For POF for 3 persons they need $16,967
But if only PA(principal applicant) lands first, then what amount of POF will be required to be carried to Canada at POE?---POF needed for 1 person--- $11,086 or POF needed for 3 persons-$16,967

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,086
2 $13,801
3 $16,967
4 $20,599

=============================

After landing in Toronto, Can i send/transfer back to INdia my funds(POF )which i will be carrying as TC? I wanna transfer to India back that money(POF) asap after landing as my uncle will be supporting me for few months in Toronto

sachin4canada

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
19 oct
Med's Done....
28 oct
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
19 oct
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued 12 jan
hi
i asked a consulatant and said any fund which can be instantaniously cased is elidigible to be shown as proof of fund. more overe if there there is sudden increase in ur bank account then it has to be justified that it is your money , and for that they usually see for the last six months , however if u have to show sudden increased funds then u can show as a sale of asset like land etc. old lic which are mature hence can also be shown . well as the funds as some people have kept in saving i hyad already kept them in fixed deposit and locked them up and when they asked for the proof of funds i just did was a letter from the bank stating the amount in fixed deposit and sent it across.
hope this will help

cprak0 said:
Life insurance mutual funds are securities/ bonds that can be shown as POF provided we show its value if closed as of date. This original document from the LIC office with the LIC mutual fund certificate needs to be enclosed.

cprak0

sachin4canada

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
19 oct
Med's Done....
28 oct
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
19 oct
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued 12 jan
well gladiador. u can open an account in scotia bank/ hdfc u can also try citibank or hsbc which has a tie up . with them show the letter and later just write a cheque and give it to ur uncle or whom soever u wanna send it to
drgladiator said:
But if only PA(principal applicant) lands first, then what amount of POF will be required to be carried to Canada at POE?---POF needed for 1 person--- $11,086 or POF needed for 3 persons-$16,967

Number of
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,086
2 $13,801
3 $16,967
4 $20,599

After landing in Toronto, Can i send/transfer back to INdia my funds(POF )which i will be carrying as TC? I wanna transfer to India back that money(POF) asap after landing as my uncle will be supporting me for few months in Toronto

shubash

May 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th Nov'2009
Doc's Request.
6th Feb,2010
AOR Received.
10th December
File Transfer...
Feb'2010
Med's Request
28th June,2010
Med's Done....
27th July,2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
27th July,2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
not decided
Lets'wait for another Tuesday now .................Oh !! God ...................

visaworld

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
Med's Request
8 nov2012
is it mandatory to have surname to know ur ecase status from CIC site? i mentioned N/A in surname column...

hi drgladiator
if for example ur name is jasvinder singh and u dont have surname then they (cic people) enter ur surname as singh. so enter singh as ur surname to know ecas status. try this.

D

drgladiator

if i am carrying a bank draft issued by HDFC bank from India as POF, then how can i send the bank draft money back to India asap...
via moneygram/western union etc?
or
can i send back straight into my HDFC Bank account in india?
HDFC Bank mentions name of HSBC BANK CANADA,Markham,Ontario on the bank draft.....

Where will the bank draft be encashed in canada? will i need account at HSBC BANK CANADA,Markham,Ontario ?
thanks

Deepty

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
No its not mandatory to have surname to check ur ecas status...For ex i applied as Deepty n i simply write deepty in the surname column to check my ecas...

sachin4canada

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
19 oct
Med's Done....
28 oct
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
19 oct
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued 12 jan
hi,
gladiador what will be the best for u is either make the draft . and show it as to be encashed in ontario but dont get it encashed there just send it back for cancellation and give c check on later date that to ur uncle. or what u can do is open an account here for canada . and u can show statement of that the money is there as soon as u reach and complete ur formalities just transfer that money back to india as simple as that where is the complication.
well u will have to open an assount in ontario to get it cashed . but u just want to send it back any way .
well as far as i have known from people that have gone there keep 1000$ as cash rest in TC about 30 % amd rest in fixed like draft and account so usually u have option of all the things .
well if u have relative i would still suggest have some money for urself in case of ur basic needs till u find a job and rest u can send back as described above .
well mpcc will need time to clear. and do think of different avenues as well. what are u practicing . genral medicine .. done md . or mbbs only . and age all these have to be kept in mind.
drgladiator said:
if i am carrying a bank draft issued by HDFC bank from India as POF, then how can i send the bank draft money back to India asap...
via moneygram/western union etc?
or
can i send back straight into my HDFC Bank account in india?
HDFC Bank mentions name of HSBC BANK CANADA,Markham,Ontario on the bank draft.....

Where will the bank draft be encashed in canada? will i need account at HSBC BANK CANADA,Markham,Ontario ?
thanks

D

drgladiator

thanks a lot Schin...i have done MBBS......
any other reply to my above Q is welcome...i am still not very clear,,,thanks

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
drgladiator said:

Number of
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,086
2 $13,801
3 $16,967
4 $20,599

POF to show would be still ~17000 CAD even if just the PA enters Canada, the dependent entering later needn't show the POF, though, that's my understanding...
cprak0

D

drgladiator

is it really possible to send back to India the HDFC Bank issued Bank draft worth around CAD 15000/-???

U mean i can mail the bank draft to Indian address of HDFC & the bank will transfer it into my account???

what formailities will i need for cancellation of HDFC Bank draft after landing???