Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I'm sure the Indian government would be steaming mad if another country did the same on their territory.
Uhhh... It has happened before and in some really messed up fashion. ISRO had a string of "deaths" of aerospace scientists and BARC had same with nuclear physicists in 90s. US has been pretty busy in messing up things in India.

• Wow
Reactions: Lord_Tony

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You should read about the loophole that exists within Canadian law that these folks are using to skip persecution.
Canada has hate speech laws.... They just do not enforce it that well. At least when ethnic Indians are victim.

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has heard of a case like this.

My common-law partner and I are getting married after submitting our passports and getting the COPR, which we received under common-law status. We plan to send a webform to IIRC to inform them right after the wedding.

The issue lies in getting the marriage certificate for proof. In the Philippines, the official (PSA) marriage certificate will take several months to process. We can get the local civil registry marriage certificate, but at least for spousal sponsorship the IRCC requires the PSA version.

Do you think it will be fine to land in Canada with just the local marriage certificate and a promise to send the PSA one when it's ready?

Thanks for any insights.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Are there any other countries with caps on international students? I have never heard that.

Last edited:

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Are there any other countries with caps on international students? I have never heard that.

Probably not but there's also no other country that provide easy PR to graduates from colleges with integrity challenges. The international student situation is an unmitigated disaster that is spreading across the country and destroying rental and local job markets. The federal government needs to stop approving visas and actually bring back strong quality control on what type of students this country is taking in. They also need to start making sure people have funds before they come as there are a lot of students who aren't qualified to be here.

Reactions: wonderbly and RSub

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I will definitely try to read up on it, but can I just ask you, if for the sake of argument there is credible evidence that the Indian government orchestrated this person's assassination, are you telling me that an extrajudicial killing is justified of a foreign citizen on their home soil, and at the hands of another democratic government?

This is what I don't understand, because I get that the culture in India is different, people are conditioned more to align themselves with authority figures and people in power, but at some point, there are definitely red lines you can't cross.

I'm sure the Indian government would be steaming mad if another country did the same on their territory.
If(India) they did it, there's a due procedure that almost every country (apart from US) follows - you go to international court/file extradition, etc. I'm always with the law and I don't endorse lawlessness.

As an individual what would really matter is how Canada protects those that are now in the line of hate as a result of this and have nothing to do with it. There are already videos out there threatening, abusing Indians. That's a really big concern. Given that these folks blew up a plane in past, assaulted embassy staff, etc I'm not sure what's to come.

Taking a few steps back, deadnaming a country/citizens reduces sensitivity of public and as a results politicians won't care to address these issues. So many dimensions here to consider.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You didn’t answer my question. You’re willing to leave your family, friends and culture behind because you think “Canada” is an upgrade but don’t think India is bad? What love do you actually have for India? A person who truly loves living in their home would never leave it for such nonsensical reasons. Plus, you also claim that if things don’t work out for you in Canada, you would leave for the US and not go back to India. Therefore, you actually don’t want to live in India. It’s like a man or a woman saying that they would like to divorce their partners not because they don’t love their partners but because they want to test loving other women or men.
Again, life is all about upgrading. You upgrade your car from time to time, would you go back if your bank is full of cash to an older car with less features? No! But, is your older car a shitty one, no! Just not the right fit anymore. That's a very simple eli5 for you.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Why does that matter? Just because others don't doesn't mean Canada shouldn't have one. Canada is also one of the few countries that has a very straightforward process to apply for PR, and one which directly rewards criteria which are associated to international students, and that's why there is so much demand for studying here.

The real transaction is paying these high international student fees for mostly subpar courses, and then having a way to apply for PR. But now this is being exploited to such a massive extent that it's literally ruining the country.

Reactions: Maria Odette

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Why does that matter? Just because others don't doesn't mean Canada shouldn't have one. Canada is also one of the few countries that has a very straightforward process to apply for PR, and one which directly rewards criteria which are associated to international students, and that's why there is so much demand for studying here.

The real transaction is paying these high international student fees for mostly subpar courses, and then having a way to apply for PR. But now this is being exploited to such a massive extent that it's literally ruining the country.
IMHO a visa cap sounds like another inefficient government move.
How does these "Lambton Colleges" work anyway? Aren't they publicly funded to be on the DLI? Wouldn't the local government complain with funding if they accepted too many international students?
Maybe its a 4d chess move. Issue many TRVs and then 3 years later BAM no more CEC.

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Not really. Australia has pretty straight forward process too. But Australia does not allow students to fake their way in and also does not allow diploma mills to operate. That is uniquely Canadian. There is a major problem in Canada around allowing lying students in. The checks and balances are just not there.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
How does these "Lambton Colleges" work anyway? Aren't they publicly funded to be on the DLI? Wouldn't the local government complain with funding if they accepted too many international students?
Maybe its a 4d chess move. Issue many TRVs and then 3 years later BAM no more CEC.
Many of these "Lambda colleges" are essentially private colleges offering courses on behalf of major public/private universities. A setup no different from McDonalds. They are called McUniversities for a reason. But like McDonalds, many of them do not have all the required ingredients to make a really standard pizza. They lack proper staff and training facilities. They are essentially a glorified human trafficking stations. Taking desperate people from India and elsewhere, putting them as "students", letting them work on study permit (20 hours, but during pandemic it was full-time 40 hours as well) and finally giving them a path to WP and eventually PR.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Vast majority of diploma millers can't get PR even with CEC experience. Only exception is if they already have a Bachelor's and foreign work experience plus post grad cert and 1 year of canadian work experience. Most can't qualify for PNP cos they come to Ontario. If they even had done the slightest amt of research, they'd go to a Prarie or Atlantic province. But I'm hearing that Novas scotia full of Indian students now too..

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
The original Lambtom is public and a somewhat okay school. Problem is, these public colleges sell their name to third party, that open a school in the GTA and their students get the same benefits. It’s kinda like a franchise for schools. The government could just remove all immigration benefits for satellite colleges and the problem would be fixed.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
The category based draws are basically doing that now. Those who don’t have on demand experience need over 500 points. It will take time though and the government needs to let PGWP expire, or else people won’t stop coming. Things only change when it starts to hurt.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You aren't wrong here. But, they've been systematically lowering down the bar to be an international student in Canada even in the third quarter of 2023 (e.g. lower English skills). It appears that they don't have a choice here. I think about having a better selection process that stops treating a bad and good student with the same chances of approval - but it would require them to significantly overhaul and upskill their resources.