+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW -PR Under 'Fast Track'... All U need to Know !!!

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
qorax said:
As the PPR letter suggests... u can expect the pps to return by 30-45 days. Usually in Dubai we get it in 3 weeks.

Qorax
thanks qorax!

mozm

Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
FSW-PR under 'fast track' System: All u need to know
...You may just not need a "Consultant" at all !!!

Dear friends,

We see the same query being repeated time-n-again... [1] How to Apply? [2] Where to apply? [3] Do we get a Consultant or go DIY? Etc. Thus, I thought of posting some aspects of it as a separate thread, as we keep responding to others infrequently.

Under the present 'fast track' system, the PR processing of FSW is quite 'simple & straight'. We actually don't need an 'agent', unless something is bothering us, viz. Problem cases, Previous rejections, Lack of time etc. Even under that duress, we can still do it ourselves. Today, for processing our FSW cases all we need is the awesome CIC website [which has a detailed Guide] & Forums like these.

Note that most consultants would just be rendering 'courier & typing' services. And when we need real 'consultancy' we'll find them lacking & unaccessible. Secondly, they are prone to delaying our cases. Thirdly, we'll yet be running into these Forums for getting your queries answered. It doesn't mean all are bad, but most are. And for just that is spending our hard-earned greenbacks on them justified? I feel "No".

Here's how we can go about it...

How do we send the Application?
Initially we send the Apps (+Processing Fees+some Docs [only]) to the CIO-NS, wherever we are, whatever be our CHC. Thereafter, once we get the AOR+120 days letter, we send the complete docs (+Copies of One Set of the 'original' apps+the RPRF*) to the local Visa Office (CHC). And wait for further instructions. For more info see below...

Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]
For details & complete procedure on the above plz refer to the CIC Instruction Guide here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Application Forms
The full set of application forms are given here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF

FAQ Thread on this Forum
A very useful FAQ thread [on the subject] is available here [initiated by member 'maaties']:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/faq-t13225.0.html

The Process in a Nutshell
Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Eligibility Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >
Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Qualitative Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >
Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR** > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Timeframe for the 'entire' Process:
Let whatever the Consultants or their Adverts say. The total timeframe [from 1st application to case completion'] is 6-18 months. Avg. 12 months. Many get it within 8-10 months. This timeframe is not one CHC specific... it's for all CHCs. Unless there are 'red flags' in our case that delays the Background or Security Checks, most of us will 'compete' the process in 1yr.

*RPRF can be sent anytime during the process. However, it is good to send it early.
**Meds & PPR are sometimes clubbed together.

Notwithstanding the fact that there'd yet be ppl who'd find a Consultant quite handy. But overall, are we so naive today? Are we not 'internet-savvy? Can't we devote few days [taken Off from work] to read the guide & fill-out the forms? Aren't most of us asking questions here or answering? Then, where's the problem in avoiding a Consultant? Unless we are Ok with spending our $$$.

However, whether to go with a Consultant or DIY is surely a personal choice & that is debatable...
Qorax
Hello Qorax,

Hope you will be fine, i am Mozm, and willing to submit my application towards canada immigration, You know i am fully fan of your post, always you try to deliver valuable informtion to others, Now i am requested to plz run a new thread post in order to new policy after 26 june 2010, what is pact formalities to submit the application which type of docs need, kindly fully brief the Check list of CIO an Check list CHC, which type of docs need to send original and which are photocopies.. i do hope you understand what i want to ask from you.

Mozm

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mozm said:
Hello Qorax,

Hope you will be fine, i am Mozm, and willing to submit my application towards canada immigration, You know i am fully fan of your post, always you try to deliver valuable informtion to others, Now i am requested to plz run a new thread post in order to new policy after 26 june 2010, what is pact formalities to submit the application which type of docs need, kindly fully brief the Check list of CIO an Check list CHC, which type of docs need to send original and which are photocopies.. i do hope you understand what i want to ask from you.

Mozm
Hi,

Nothing much have changed except that now we need to amalgamate both the CIC & the CHC stages into One and send the apps initially to CIO-NS.

That was for the application process.

On the overall system, there's just a quota now... For both, the Total Applications Approved, as well as in each NOC (20,000 & 1,000 respectively).

Qorax

qatar_fsw4131

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010 & Doc's Sent Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Ldn CHC File Number recvd thru email after enquiry
File Transfer...
Jan 2010
qorax said:

Dear friends,

We see the same query being repeated time-n-again... [1] How to Apply? [2] Where to apply? [3] Do we get a Consultant or go DIY? Etc. Thus, I thought of posting some aspects of it as a separate thread, as we keep responding to others infrequently.

Under the present 'fast track' system, the PR processing of FSW is quite 'simple & straight'. We actually don't need an 'agent', unless something is bothering us, viz. Problem cases, Previous rejections, Lack of time etc. Even under that duress, we can still do it ourselves. Today, for processing our FSW cases all we need is the awesome CIC website [which has a detailed Guide] & Forums like these.

Note that most consultants would just be rendering 'courier & typing' services. And when we need real 'consultancy' we'll find them lacking & unaccessible. Secondly, they are prone to delaying our cases. Thirdly, we'll yet be running into these Forums for getting your queries answered. It doesn't mean all are bad, but most are. And for just that is spending our hard-earned greenbacks on them justified? I feel "No".

Here's how we can go about it...

How do we send the Application?
Initially we send the Apps (+Processing Fees+some Docs [only]) to the CIO-NS, wherever we are, whatever be our CHC. Thereafter, once we get the AOR+120 days letter, we send the complete docs (+Copies of One Set of the 'original' apps+the RPRF*) to the local Visa Office (CHC). And wait for further instructions. For more info see below...

Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]
For details & complete procedure on the above plz refer to the CIC Instruction Guide here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Application Forms
The full set of application forms are given here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF

FAQ Thread on this Forum
A very useful FAQ thread [on the subject] is available here [initiated by member 'maaties']:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/faq-t13225.0.html

The Process in a Nutshell
Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Eligibility Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >
Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Qualitative Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >
Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR** > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Let whatever the Consultants or their Adverts say. The total timeframe [from 1st application to case completion'] is 6-18 months. Avg. 12 months. Many get it within 8-10 months. This timeframe is not one CHC specific... it's for all CHCs. Unless there are 'red flags' in our case that delays the Background or Security Checks, most of us will 'compete' the process in 1yr.

*RPRF can be sent anytime during the process. However, it is good to send it early.

Notwithstanding the fact that there'd yet be ppl who'd find a Consultant quite handy. But overall, are we so naive today? Are we not 'internet-savvy? Can't we devote few days [taken Off from work] to read the guide & fill-out the forms? Aren't most of us asking questions here or answering? Then, where's the problem in avoiding a Consultant? Unless we are Ok with spending our $$$.

However, whether to go with a Consultant or DIY is surely a personal choice & that is debatable...
Qorax
Hi Qorax,
It is more than 5 months I submitted my full documentations in London visa office but I did not get second AOR yet. Although my E-CAS shows "Received by Visa Office."
Anybody else who did not get second AOR please share your experience.

lepetit

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:

Qorax

@ Qorax

I always find your posts more than helpful.
Just one point needs your clarification. You suggested it's good to send RPR Fee early. I will submit my full documents to Singapore VO in a next few days, so should I send along RPR Fee now, or wait until requested by VO. What are the merits if I send the fee at this stage? Will it accelerate my documents review by the VO? Or is there any other reason for you suggesting so? (As I've read in the IMM EG7000, it says clearly that RPR Fee will be requested by the VO at a later stage, when your application is approved) (I'm not sure if my application is approved at this stage, for sure)
Again, thank you for your time!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
qatar_fsw4131 said:
Hi Qorax,
It is more than 5 months I submitted my full documentations in London visa office but I did not get second AOR yet. Although my E-CAS shows "Received by Visa Office."
Anybody else who did not get second AOR please share your experience.
Relax! It doesn't matter whether u got the 2nd AOR or not. Your file will anyway be acted upon@CHC. Nonetheless, sending a case-specific Webform Mail might return some info on it's progress. Do that asap.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lepetit said:
@ Qorax

I always find your posts more than helpful.
Just one point needs your clarification. You suggested it's good to send RPR Fee early. I will submit my full documents to Singapore VO in a next few days, so should I send along RPR Fee now, or wait until requested by VO. What are the merits if I send the fee at this stage? Will it accelerate my documents review by the VO? Or is there any other reason for you suggesting so? (As I've read in the IMM EG7000, it says clearly that RPR Fee will be requested by the VO at a later stage, when your application is approved) (I'm not sure if my application is approved at this stage, for sure)
Again, thank you for your time!
Sometimes somethings do not fit into a Scientific Progression, it might just be an Art of Positive Propagation. Not always is 2+2=4 in life, right? Sending the RPRF earlier is one of those tacts.

It offers a positive synergy to your case processing. The VO finds your docs to be complete, from your side, & there's a "ball-in-his-court" feel to it. Besides, technically, it also saves u another BF'D/time & the delay/botheration of couriering just another thing.

But yes, u may not send it now. However, if u think your filing is Ok, u might. It's just a technique which doesn't follow a scientific pattern, but gets results!

Qorax

lepetit

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Sometimes somethings do not fit into a Scientific Progression, it might just be an Art of Positive Propagation. Not always is 2+2=4 in life, right? Sending the RPRF earlier is one of those tacts.

It offers a positive synergy to your case processing. The VO finds your docs to be complete, from your side, & there's a "ball-in-his-court" feel to it. Besides, technically, it also saves u another BF'D/time & the delay/botheration of couriering just another thing.

But yes, u may not send it now. However, if u think your filing is Ok, u might. It's just a technique which doesn't follow a scientific pattern, but gets results!

Qorax
Clearly got your point! Your advice sounds quite reasonable, as always. I will consider it for once. Thanks again.

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Hi Qorax,

Almost 6 month E-CAS shows "Received by Visa Office."
What to do??????????

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Munnimehek said:
Hi Qorax,

Almost 6 month E-CAS shows "Received by Visa Office."
What to do??????????
See, delays & different processing times r all part of the PR. If A gets his meds in 6 months -it not necessarily means that B would follow the same path. So, give it some more time, have patience & the glory would be yours.

Meanwhile, if u feel, send them a Case Progress Update request. CHC-SG might reply u with the current factual position.

Sending an email here-n-there doesn't create any adversity to your case. But, it shouldn't be frequent.

Qorax

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
qorax said:

Qorax
hey Qorax...
what about RPRF in new applications??????? Should it be sent in initial application or after that????? its there in VO checklist.!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aaycee said:
hey Qorax...
what about RPRF in new applications??????? Should it be sent in initial application or after that????? its there in VO checklist.!
Just pointed few posts earlier...

qorax said:

Qorax

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Sheer Panic struck me when I read the reference to RPRF FEE PAYMENT in the VO checklist, so I whipped to check it out on the website. This is clearly the PROCESSING FEE not the RPRF. I think Qorax is suggesting including the RPRF in the case of a PRE-JUNE 26 application where the initial approval has been given. I see no indication in the POST-JUNE 26 VO Checklist (ND) to include them. Item 13. FEE PAYMENT "NOTE: Refer to the PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS in this section for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee", you will find the Guide says, "The RPRF... will be requested by the Visa Office at a later stage if your application is approved." Panic over........

qatar_fsw4131

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010 & Doc's Sent Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Ldn CHC File Number recvd thru email after enquiry
File Transfer...
Jan 2010
qorax said:
Relax! It doesn't matter whether u got the 2nd AOR or not. Your file will anyway be acted upon @ CHC. Nonetheless, sending a case-specific Webform Mail might return some info on it's progress. Do that asap.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,
I sent a case-specific Webform mail about my case and got a surprising reply.!!!!! For your kind information I am attaching the mail here:
Request: Respected Sir/ Madam, Good day. My application and supporting documents of Permanent Residence in Canada (Federal Skilled Worker Class) were received by London England visa office on 02 February 2010 according to dhl courier. I have not got any letter of acknowledgement of receipt yet. Could you please see my case.
Sincerely
Thank you for your enquiry.
The application was received on 08-02-2010.
The letter acknowledging receipt of the application for permanent residence explained that the processing times for the skilled worker category is 42-48 months. Your application is still within our standard processing times.
When an application is ready to be assessed by an immigration officer, we will sent a letter giving you 90 days to prepare and submit updated documentation in support of the application. Note that it is advisable to start gathering supporting documents before you receive this request to ensure there will be no delays to the submission. We regret that our office is unable to estimate when the letter requesting the updated documents might be sent.
You are not required to advise us of any changes to personal circumstances until this letter has been received, unless it relates to a change in contact details or appointment/cancellation of a paid representative.
Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the applicant to the mailing address on file. It is important therefore that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.
We are unable to provide any further information at this time.
Yours sincerely,
KRC
Client Service Unit
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Un
Government of Canada

Now what can I do? I need your suggestions.
I applied under FSW1 in one of the 38 eligible occupations list on November 2009. At the time of my application processing time was 6-12 months!!! But they are mentioning 42-48 months.
Thank u very much. God bless you.