+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - June & July 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

imonochan

Jun 2, 2017
Hey all,
I've been in NA2 since July 26. That's all good, but I wanted to know where my application is being processed. I emailed CIC on Aug 3 and got an automated reply, but never an actual response to my query about where my file was. Emailed again today and so far haven't even received an automated reply LOL. Has anyone experienced this? How long do they take to reply? Would like to know what kind of wait I can expect.

I may have to call them but it's probably gonna cost me a bunch of dough because I'm in Dubai and Skype is banned/problematic here.

Also, has anyone here included a Canadian relative in their application? At what stage is all that checked, as per your speculation? Thanks!

axolotl

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
There are at least 3 more people I have noticed on the forum who are stuck at IP1 from the time around July 20 +/- few days. I wonder if they are all applicants residing in US. Are you guys applicants residing in US?
No. I was in Singapore at the time of AOR. Now I'm in Canada.

kat_ngo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
We are filipinos applying from singapore.

My husband as my dependent, travels to indonesia lasting for 2 weeks every month since april 2016 for business purposes, i know that he has to submit a PCC but he can't because he does not have the required documents to apply (copy of work permit - only permanent foreign worker can have this). I submitted LOE explaning the situation with a letter from his employer stating his job description and purpose of travel.

Recently, his boss decided to apply a business visa for him since he might continue to travel until next year. he got the business visa last week but still, can't apply for PCC as he does not have a work permit in the country.

Questions

1) do i need to submit a copy of his business visa to cic?

2) do we also need to update his travel history since we had a couple of travelling after we submiited the AOR last month?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
We are filipinos applying from singapore.

My husband as my dependent, travels to indonesia lasting for 2 weeks every month since april 2016 for business purposes, i know that he has to submit a PCC but he can't because he does not have the required documents to apply (copy of work permit - only permanent foreign worker can have this). I submitted LOE explaning the situation with a letter from his employer stating his job description and purpose of travel.

Recently, his boss decided to apply a business visa for him since he might continue to travel until next year. he got the business visa last week but still, can't apply for PCC as he does not have a work permit in the country.

Questions

1) do i need to submit a copy of his business visa to cic?

2) do we also need to update his travel history since we had a couple of travelling after we submiited the AOR last month?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.
Since you already explained the situation to IRCC, i dont see the need to upload his business visa now.
And travel history is locked at AOR, so you dont have to inform them of any trips after that, unless they send you a new request for travel history, then you can include the new ones.
Good luck

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
@KiranK or anyone who can help me!

Hi Guys.. I had a quick query on what my progress is so far:

ITA - May 4th
Application Submission - Jul 27th
AoR - Jul 27th
Request for additional doc (Schedule A Background form - IMM 5669) - Aug 4th
Medicals Passed - Aug 6th
Additional doc submitted (Schedule A Form) - Aug 8th
BC - showing as Not Applicable (I'm not sure from when its showing this as I was not aware I needed to check status on regular basis. Not even sure if it went through IP1!!!) :(

Can you help me identify which stage I'm in? Sorry for my ignorance but really would be helpful! Thanks so much!
Ohhh its alright dear, we are all ignorant here, trying to learn:)
You might have missed IP1, most likely your R10 is done. Check for a week more, if no change in BGC then definitely you missed and your R10 and criminality checks have passed most likely, next step is eligibility now.

debz1986

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Ohhh its alright dear, we are all ignorant here, trying to learn:)
You might have missed IP1, most likely your R10 is done. Check for a week more, if no change in BGC then definitely you missed and your R10 and criminality checks have passed most likely, next step is eligibility now.
Thanks so much for your reply! Really appreciate it? Does that mean I'm in NA1 and IP1 is finished most likely?

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
All CIO stuck folks,

I did my little digging into old GCMS notes and couple other places and here's my understanding so far:
CIO has power to make final decision straight away w/o any intervening from LVO. It does take a heck of a lot of time at CIO 'cuz its the old school shop which still processes paper based applications and some stupid eligibility checks for sponsorship/care givers.. Once your processing has begun and all of the requirements from your side are provided I guess CIO guys will have their NA2 changed directly to IP2 and to PPR within a couple of days unlike CPC Ottawa which issues batch wise PPR and keeps you stuck on "accepted" for three weeks now.
I stand for correction and the beloved arch matriarchs of this forum enlighten me if I'm wrong
@astralsource @KiranK @legalfalcon
Yes in some cases it does happens that CIO finalises the file. Don't want to break your hopes dear, but it seldom happens and is not the normal trend.The reason CIO sends files to LVOs and CPC is indeed load sharing and they specifically inform you that, but its happening to almost all files these days, I do wish they change this and make things quicker for CIO folks, but does not seems to be the trend as of now.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
@KiranK CIC just got back to me saying my file is still at CIO, Sydney. Not sure if they are doing it along with a LVO officer. Because from what I heard regarding GCMS, two officers (One canadian and one local visa office) work contemporaneously on the file till eligibility is finished at which point 95% of processing is done and simply security screening remains?

Appreciate the help @legalfalcon . Ordered GCMS so that will tell the full story..

Canada 'O Canada...
As per my understanding and checking of GCMS it does not goes simultaneously. First the file will be checked for eligibility at CIO, which might take upto 40-50 days since NA stage. When the eligibility is MET at CIO, after that file is transferred to Local Visa Office for load sharing, where the Visa officer will check the file again for eligibility and finally pass the eligibility, mostly at this stage BGC is in IP2. Even after file is transferred to LVO it may take 2-3 months even to start IP2 maybe more also. Local Visa offices are extremely slow, prepare yourself for that mate. its great you ordered GCMS now, you will get the accurate information in there as to exactly when your eligibility was MET at CIO and when file was transferred to LVO. Rest depends on the waiting and processing time of Local visa Offices. When the Visa officer at LVO finalises your eligibility as passed then only 1% chance of rejection is left IMO.

Reactions: Callaloo

Tall ganesh

Aug 15, 2017
Hi guys ! I happened to go through all the messages in this thread today and got to know a lot things which I was not aware of before. Thanks to Kiran ! I have sent an email today to find out in which visa office my application is been processed. Sharing my timeline below. Fingers crossed & Hoping for best. Need your advise on the below timeline

FSWO
Indian applicant
No travel history
Sibbling in Canada
AOR - June 28th
Medicals - July 22nd
IP1 - didn't notice
NA2 - BG is NA now, so I believe I am in NA2 stage

Reactions: KiranK