+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - April & May 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I just found this post, it will help you understand why one can easily mistake CRS tool in this case, its mentioned "experience in only one occupation" there and that is what confuses most people as they have not mentioned there anything else to further clarify. They should make it more clear there, that was being discussed here. If we go by English language it means strictly one occupation which most people consider means NOC and is logical in that sense, though this contradictory and not true completely.
Link-http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/foreign-work-experience-under-multiple-nocs-skill-transferability-crs.386975/

Reactions: KiranK

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
There was a family of 3 also i think. no idea about travel history,.
Also @comfortablynumb (has AOR 1st April.) here is single and no travels, but he is still not at IP2, so can't say with CIC.
Well I have been keeping a close eye on the people who got PPR . Most(if not all) have NOT paid RPRF upfront. I think the payment of RPRF generates some sort of flag which brings the application to the notice of IRCC agent. After seeing that the payment has been made the agent updates the appication status to IP2. (Just an assumption)

Now some of you might argue that paying RPRF upfront or not does not make any difference to the speed of application processing. That might also be true but the important thing is that when a person receives RPRF request , he/she is going through one additional step which puts the mind at ease as some progress is happening on the file.

At the end there might be only be a difference of couple of days but I still think that paying RPRF was a bad move. I have been in NA for 25 days now and every day is getting longer and longer.

Reactions: jpv2212 and gurik

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Work experience past No.1 - Filed incorrectly as NOC code 2171 - 4 years ex . However, this actually falls under NOC 2281 as per my roles and responsibilities letter issued by the employer.

Raising a CSE and getting the primary NOC code change to 2281 will solve the problem.

@legalfalcon Request you to please throw some light on this as I am not myself sure about the suggestion I gave.
This has already been answered by me on another thread.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
@legalfalcon Please help me with your inputs
Post here-http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-77#post-5994881
Thanks for your patients in trying to help me, really appreciate it. I have one quick question regarding what you said "But in under FSW you will get points only for primary NOC." where do you get this information from?
No problem, even I learned something. Wish you all hte best, hope your problem is solved soon.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Withdrawal is not an option . He is at 418 and currently the score is 449. Might not come down again for a long time.

@rakesh taranath : Raise a CSE and explain them the mistake you made.
I think legalfalcon has already replied to him, we can all relax now:).
Hope he gets the right advice, must be so tense for him.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Well I have been keeping a close eye on the people who got PPR . Most(if not all) have NOT paid RPRF upfront. I think the payment of RPRF generates some sort of flag which brings the application to the notice of IRCC agent. After seeing that the payment has been made the agent updates the appication status to IP2. (Just an assumption)

Now some of you might argue that paying RPRF upfront or not does not make any difference to the speed of application processing. That might also be true but the important thing is that when a person receives RPRF request , he/she is going through one additional step which puts the mind at ease as some progress is happening on the file.

At the end there might be only be a difference of couple of days but I still think that paying RPRF was a bad move. I have been in NA for 25 days now and every day is getting longer and longer.
This is incorrect based solely on your assumptions and anecdotal evidence.

Reactions: Unusual

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Yes, multiple NOCs add up to 3 year experience, seems illogical in a way (as they themselves mention one occupation but then give points for multiple, for example- a Doctor and Engineer are different occupations, they should have mentioned occupation type over there, well its CIC and they do this all the time, but either way it is true. My experience so far has taught me there is nothing hard and fast with CIC.

You were correct about him filling wrong information in EE profile., to which he just confirmed. He didn't articulated his question well there, he must have mentioned that wrong information filled in EE and that he wished to change it Post ITA. His post made it look like he made some mistake afterwards. Although his CRS will not be affected in anyway nor does FSW eligibility is affected by this mistake of his. But CIC is known to reject files for such mistakes, so its better if he sends a CSE along with LOE and get his information corrected ASAP.
Its not about NOCs, just simply what is the english meaning of occupation as such, which can easily confuse people. It was an example to help KiranK understand that why she misunderstood it., it has nothing to do with CIC or anything technical. Nobody is raising doubts on CICs classification of occupation types here, they are perfectly clear and one can easily choose the occupation with most close match to one's job duties. But this was not the point being discussed by me.
I just found this post, it will help you understand why one can easily mistake CRS tool in this case, its mentioned "experience in only one occupation" there and that is what confuses most people as they have not mentioned there anything else to further clarify. They should make it more clear there, that was being discussed here. If we go by English language it means strictly one occupation which most people consider means NOC and is logical in that sense, though this contradictory and not true completely.
Link-http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/foreign-work-experience-under-multiple-nocs-skill-transferability-crs.386975/
Yes I understand what you mean, you got it correct, that is what confused me, the "one occupation" thing, guess they messed up in being clear there. Thanks for replying.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I haven't read through this case extensively. All I can say is this.

1 - Maximum points can be claimed for up to 3 years. You get no additional points in CRS for anything more than 3 years. Up to 6 years can be claimed for the FSW 67 points needed to qualify for express entry. However assuming your crossed that threshold, you can only get points max for 3 years.
2 - For CRS, mix and match of NOC works. For FSW eligibility, you have to choose experience gained under a single NOC - that scale maxes out at 15 points for 6+ years of experience. Under EE, this is termed Primary NOC. So your primary NOC experience determines your program eligibility (in part) while for CRS purposes, you can have other NOCs as well provided they are 0/A/B and acquired within last 10 years.
3 - The NOC should match the work experience. It need not be point by point but it should overall match the spirit of the profession.
4 - If you made an error in NOC and it does not match and if you claimed points for it, and once the VO re-calculates it and it falls below the threshold of the draw points when you are invited, you will be rejected.
5 - You can try a CSE. No guarantee it will be considered.

This is what I know - Based on the best of my knowledge.
Thank you for replying dear, you explained it very well. Hope it helps him.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Multiple NOCs are for similar professions. If you are educated in HR, it will match for 1121, 1122 etc. Those differences in NOC are realistic and accepted.
I think CIC has classified the occupation types pretty clearly. I don't see any ambiguity in their classifications. Yes, we may have a mix of two NOCs in our jobs often but in the end, we have to make a decision which NOC truly carries the job, responsibility and the overall spirit of the profession.
Its not about NOCs, just simply what is the english meaning of occupation as such, which can easily confuse people. It was an example to help KiranK understand that why she misunderstood it., it has nothing to do with CIC or anything technical. Nobody is raising doubts on CICs classification of occupation types here, they are perfectly clear and one can easily choose the occupation with most close match to one's job duties. But this was not the point being discussed by me.
I understand both your points, but you both are informing me of two different things. So individually you both are right.
Peace now <3

Reactions: gurik

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Yes you are right. This is totally based on assumptions
It is indeed assumption, though i do not agree with red flag part etc.
but I think when you get RPRF request it indeed helps you to have some pyschological satisfaction that okay something is happening and you are one step closer. The legit way of course we all know is GCMS or from CIC. But such small things and updates and changes help in reassuring you a lot.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
not just @KiranK. The Ma'am also include @astrasource & @gurik.
Those are the Ma'am our radar has identified so far. Even though the radar wasn't strong at all. Hahahaha
My radar was defective....... Could not identify even a single one.:(:(

Reactions: Bayparc and Unusual