+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW-O USA why so long?

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you!

I did not do ECA for my spouse. in my e-APR, when I answered 'No' to education as I had moved the information to personal history section. It did not provide me with an option to upload educational documents and IELTS score. So I went back and said yes to education but no to ECA, this gave me the option back and I uploaded the IELTS scorecard, her degree and marksheets.

My question is if it is ok to provide spouse educational details in the Spouse education even though I did not do ECA for her and not claiming points for her education. I uploaded it in 'spouse education' slot of document upload page.
As long as you are not claiming points for your spouse education, you should be good. This is just my understanding. Let us see what others have to say on this.

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
It's been so silent here!
Did anyone get their PPs back after stamping? How long did it take? Did you have to send PPs to Ottawa?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Mine on 8th August. :)

Looks like they are taking 30+ days to send passport /COPR back.

As most of us from a country that requires original passport to be sent, it kinda adds a lots of nervousness and stress. Thoughts like how I will fly home if there is a urgent need to visit home, what if CIC misplaces passport and respond 'we don't care' when inquired, what if something goes wrong in customs keep crossing the mind.

They definitely need a better process than mailing in place to deal with original passports. Something like VFS or some local arrangement like sending to an Embassy in US, and they sending it to Canada etc.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
My PP was received on Aug 4th, no news after that. I'm just gonna sit tight for the next two weeks given the current timelines. Oh well, I'm in a better waiting boat than those in IP2.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My PP was received on Aug 4th, no news after that. I'm just gonna sit tight for the next two weeks given the current timelines. Oh well, I'm in a better waiting boat than those in IP2.
Has your application changed to approved yet in your myCIC account?

Dreamer06

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
No changes yet...I'm hoping it changes to approved by the end of this week!
Your application took 4 months to get approved. I am wondering if that's the latest trend for US applicants.

Folks, please update your timelines in this thread so we can get a better picture.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your application took 4 months to get approved. I am wondering if that's the latest trend for US applicants.

Folks, please update your timelines in this thread so we can get a better picture.
Yeah but if I didn't get a document request that was an error by CIC (requested an RCMP even though I have never been to Canada before), it would have taken about 3.5 months. That's pretty fast either way in my book!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

Goto tracker and check using country of residence US filter. I think most whom I know got ppr between 85-95 days.