+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW ELIGIBILITY CLARIFICATION IN CATEGORY BASED DRAWS

johnbloodysnow

Star Member
May 27, 2020
If I obtain 6 months experience in one of the bill c-19 NOC codes (Category based Noc codes) ..will I be eligible for express entry category based draws...for e.g if i have 2.5 years experience in any othr field and 6 months experience in bill c-19 Noc codes as an FSW... will i be eligible for category based draw this way? pls provide insights thx a lot

Will gaining experience after establishment of categories can make one eligible under express entry category based draws
??? since it says "within the three-year period preceding the day on which the category was established, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least six months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in one of the occupations referred to in the table of this section" .

johnbloodysnow

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Skilled work experience ( FSW ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled
Skilled work experience means that you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER categories:

• TEER 0
  • TEER 1
  • TEER 2
  • TEER 3
You must show that while working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must

• be in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • have been obtained within the last 10 years, in Canada or abroad
  • be paid work (you must have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • be at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)
    • You can meet this in a few different ways:
      • full time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
        • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
      • full time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours

johnbloodysnow

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Who is eligible (Category based rounds)
To be eligible for an invitation through a category-based round, you must

TYPICAL INSTRUCTIONS

Member of category
3(1) An eligible foreign national is a member of the category established in section 2 if they are not a member of the class referred to in paragraph 2(d) of the Express Entry Instructions and if they meet the following requirements:

1. within the three-year period preceding the day on which the category was established, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least six months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in one of the occupations referred to in the table of this section;
  2. during that period of work experience they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
  3. during that period of work experience they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
(2) Despite subsection (1), an eligible foreign national is not a member of the category established in section 2 if the work experience described in paragraphs (1)(a) to (c) was not accumulated within the three-year period preceding the date the officer receives their application for permanent residence.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
If I obtain 6 months experience in one of the bill c-19 NOC codes (Category based Noc codes) ..will I be eligible for express entry category based draws...for e.g if i have 2.5 years experience in any othr field and 6 months experience in bill c-19 Noc codes as an FSW... will i be eligible for category based draw this way? pls provide insights thx a lot

Will gaining experience after establishment of categories can make one eligible under express entry category based draws
??? since it says "within the three-year period preceding the day on which the category was established, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least six months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in one of the occupations referred to in the table of this section" .
Yes, make the 6 months experience the main NOC. What’s the NOC/category?

johnbloodysnow

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Yes, make the 6 months experience the main NOC. What’s the NOC/category?
I will start working now I mean in on of the healthcare's NOC will I be eligible then? but like instructions of previous health care draws says "within the three-year period preceding the day on which the category was established, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least six months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in one of the occupations referred to in the table of this section" . " going by this rationale how can I be eligible if I gain experience after establishing of categories ( as they are already established right!) ..I am quite confused

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I will start working now I mean in on of the healthcare's NOC will I be eligible then? but like instructions of previous health care draws says "within the three-year period preceding the day on which the category was established, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least six months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in one of the occupations referred to in the table of this section" . " going by this rationale how can I be eligible if I gain experience after establishing of categories ( as they are already established right!) ..I am quite confused
If you start working in an eligible healthcare NOC this month, you are eligible to apply in July. You only only qualify after at least 6 months experience. Not sure why you are confused.
What is the health care NOC you what to apply under.

johnbloodysnow

Star Member
May 27, 2020
If you start working in an eligible healthcare NOC this month, you are eligible to apply in July. You only only qualify after at least 6 months experience. Not sure why you are confused.
What is the health care NOC you what to apply under.
I think this one "
Education counsellors41320
"
what I am concerned about is point 3 ( section 1) in "member of category"

Who is eligible (Category based rounds)

To be eligible for an invitation through a category-based round, you must

INSTRUCTIONS

Member of category
(1) An eligible foreign national is a member of the category established in section 2 if they are not a member of the class referred to in paragraph 2(d) of the Express Entry Instructions and if they meet the following requirements:

1. within the three-year period preceding the day on which the category was established, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least six months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in one of the occupations referred to in the table of this section;
  2. during that period of work experience they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
  3. during that period of work experience they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
(2) Despite subsection (1), an eligible foreign national is not a member of the category established in section 2 if the work experience described in paragraphs (1)(a) to (c) was not accumulated within the three-year period preceding the date the officer receives their application for permanent residence.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
The point 3 has to do with whether you’ll meet have the minimum 67 points for EE.
When you do, you will qualify for at least one of the 3 main immigration programs under EE - Federal skilled worker, Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skills Trade. The ITA will indicate the program they are inviting you to apply under.

I wouldn’t worry about this for now. You should focus on whether you meet the requirement for EE. Here is the link to calculate your points per each selection factors such as age, education, work experience, language, arrange appointment in Canada and adaptability
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Start from there.

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
Hey All, I have a question regarding category based draw. I have 8 years of experience in one NOC and 9 months experience in category based NOC code.
Should I select the category based NOC as primary
NOC to get selected? Anyone who got ITA in this scenario, please let me know?
Noting that if I put the noc code which has less than a year as primary code the system rejects it and my profile becomes ineligible! What should I do please help