+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014

Matarani

Sep 25, 2013
hi,

My application is received on 17th Sep for 2147 NOC. Going through the forum , looks like I am out of the race for this year. So need to keep myself ready in advance for next year and hence come up with below queries:

1) For 2014, when CIC will announce NOC list ?
2) From when they will start accepting the application ? Will the cycle be same : 3 May till 30 April...

If some one in forum, answers these, it may help others to gear up for next year... Also, I have send DD with my application, if it gets rejected, how long it will take to receive it back , as DD again has validity and need to get cancel, to refund the money.. Sad

I dont know why I am so -ve and losing hope :(

Thanks !

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello Matarani,

I'm afraid it is too late. The current FSWP 2013 ends in April 2014 so news will probably start coming with the start of new year ... I am guessing after Christmas. Now CIC plans to implement the Expression of Interest system for the PR from 2014 on the similar lines to Australia and Newzealand. Keep visiting the CIC website and this forum for updates.

Oh by the way Quebec has also opened doors for Computer engineers. If you can get the right scores in French ... great chances this year too. Check the following link for that:

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Best of luck
ESZB

ljdelu

Aug 9, 2013
Matarani said:
hi,

My application is received on 17th Sep for 2147 NOC. Going through the forum , looks like I am out of the race for this year. So need to keep myself ready in advance for next year and hence come up with below queries:

1) For 2014, when CIC will announce NOC list ?
2) From when they will start accepting the application ? Will the cycle be same : 3 May till 30 April...

If some one in forum, answers these, it may help others to gear up for next year... Also, I have send DD with my application, if it gets rejected, how long it will take to receive it back , as DD again has validity and need to get cancel, to refund the money.. Sad

I dont know why I am so -ve and losing hope :(

Thanks !
hi, we're on the same boat. my application was received on Aug 20, NOC 2174.

no updates received from CIC as well. Anyway, i think what we can only do is to wait. When are they going to return the application due to cap reached, I also have no idea.

All the best to all of us.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
mobeepk said:
Isn't employment offer mandatory for Quebec?
Nope. The new rules effective 1 august 2013 do not necessitate a job offer. But you need a good level in French.

Matarani

Sep 25, 2013
ljdelu said:
hi, we're on the same boat. my application was received on Aug 20, NOC 2174.

no updates received from CIC as well. Anyway, i think what we can only do is to wait. When are they going to return the application due to cap reached, I also have no idea.

All the best to all of us.
CAP is reached to 290 for 2147 .. Lost all hopes..

Does anyone knows about upcoming EOI format ?? Any details and pointers..

Thanks

ssamjos

Star Member
May 20, 2011
Do you think NOC 1112 for finance graduates will be dropped next year? Because it is the one in most demand.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Matarani said:
CAP is reached to 290 for 2147 .. Lost all hopes..

Does anyone knows about upcoming EOI format ?? Any details and pointers..

Thanks
Hello Matarani

The EOI system is expected to be implemented by end of 2014 or early 2015. Read the following article by CIC. At present this is all we have:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/enewsletter/2012/12/interest.asp

I would also recommend you to consider immigration to Australia.

Best Regards
ESZB

ssamjos said:
Do you think NOC 1112 for finance graduates will be dropped next year? Because it is the one in most demand.
Hello ssamjos ,

In my humble opinion, there is lots of good hope for finance graduate. According to recent news, Canada is nearing an imminent acute shortage of skilled labour. With Ontario and Alberta being most popular destination for new immigrants, other provinces are hard hit by deficit in availability of skilled labour. The upcoming EOI system is being implemented keeping view this problem. So keep an eye on the CIC news.

Best of luck
ESZB

David_C

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Hello guys,

I'm sorry you lost the train for FSW 2013, but I am sure that you will be on the one this year, if FSW 2014 will open.
I started to make my file for FSW2013 but when I saw it was too late, I've droped it. Now I am thinking if I should do my ECA, to be sure I will be in the first 300 if the program will reopen.

The main reason why I've choose Canada is beacuse is close to US and is a bigger market. Otherwise, Australia sounds better specially in therms of weather. I am not such a big fan of winter.

I am an SAP Consultant, NOC 2171. I have experience one year as a mechanical engineer, and for FSW I want to apply as Mechanical Engineer, NOC 2132.

I want to try for Australia, but I am thinking that maby I won't be able to find a job there.

If you have some thoughts, please advice.

Thanks,

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello David_C

NO worries if you missed FSW2013. If you have already prepared your file for FSW2013 they you are surely going to have a head start for the next FSW. So keep your spirits high and do keep an eye on the provincial nomination programs of Canada.

While I do agree to your reasoning regarding Canada's proximity to US but the far east isnt a small market either... think about Malaysia, South Korea, Hong Kong. Anyway I would recommend you to apply to Australia also... you never know where you may find luck. So do not let go of an opportunity.

Best of luck
ESZB

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ESZB said:
Hello David_C

NO worries if you missed FSW2013. If you have already prepared your file for FSW2013 they you are surely going to have a head start for the next FSW. So keep your spirits high and do keep an eye on the provincial nomination programs of Canada.

While I do agree to your reasoning regarding Canada's proximity to US but the far east isnt a small market either... think about Malaysia, South Korea, Hong Kong. Anyway I would recommend you to apply to Australia also... you never know where you may find luck. So do not let go of an opportunity.

Best of luck
ESZB
Except there probably isn't going to be a FSW in 2014, as Canada is going to an expression of interest in 2015.

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
HI,
I am Yogesh Bhatia and want to apply in FSW 2014. I have Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering and working as a Software Engineer in a telecom field for the past 20 months. To achieve 67 points, i need to wait for 4 more months because then i will get two more points. Does anyone has any idea that this years application will start from May or it can be later than May ? If it is later than May then i have chances to apply before the cap reaches. One more question, does my education (Electronics and Communication) supports my working field (Software Engineering) ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
yogi44 said:
HI,
I am Yogesh Bhatia and want to apply in FSW 2014. I have Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering and working as a Software Engineer in a telecom field for the past 20 months. To achieve 67 points, i need to wait for 4 more months because then i will get two more points. Does anyone has any idea that this years application will start from May or it can be later than May ? If it is later than May then i have chances to apply before the cap reaches. One more question, does my education (Electronics and Communication) supports my working field (Software Engineering) ?
Please follow this thread -> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-2015-t196289.0.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yogi44 said:
HI,
There will most likely be no FSW program this year.