+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - MASTER THREAD - 2171/ 2172/ 2173/ 2174 SERIES

lekshmipiriya

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have worked in India in an MNC BPO for 2 and a half years. I worked under a software project, where my duties were programming in Java script and also did Quality Analysis with a monthly salary 12000 INR. Since I worked in the BPO sector, I got the experience letter with the job title "Customer Service Executive" (NOC 6552 Customer and information services representatives) with no job descriptions.

As my husband was doing MBA in Canada, twice I applied for Canadian Visa 1. Visitor Visa and 2. Student Visa, but both got rejected.
Third time I applied for Work Permit and it got approved. Since then am in Canada on Open Work Permit.
All the three times I submitted the same Experience letter as one of my credentials to the Canadian Immigration.

Since my Job Descriptions matches with NOC 2714 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers), now I am planning to apply for PR under FSW.

Now the MNC Company which I worked with, is also ready to provide me a Reference Letter with the Job Title "Customer Service Executive" along with Job Description which is all about Programming.

Now I have got 3 questions,

1. Am I eligible to apply for PR under FSW category because my Job Title is "Customer Service Executive" (NOC 6552 Customer and information services representatives) which is not listed under FSW and my Job Description matches with NOC 2714 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers) which is listed under FSW?

2. Since the project was under BPO sector, I got low pay. Does it affect my PR application?

3. From March 2012 till March 2014 I did not work under a skilled category in Canada. Does it affect filing PR under FSW?

Please help me !!!

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
lekshmipiriya said:
Hi everyone,

I have worked in India in an MNC BPO for 2 and a half years. I worked under a software project, where my duties were programming in Java script and also did Quality Analysis with a monthly salary 12000 INR. Since I worked in the BPO sector, I got the experience letter with the job title "Customer Service Executive" (NOC 6552 Customer and information services representatives) with no job descriptions.

As my husband was doing MBA in Canada, twice I applied for Canadian Visa 1. Visitor Visa and 2. Student Visa, but both got rejected.
Third time I applied for Work Permit and it got approved. Since then am in Canada on Open Work Permit.
All the three times I submitted the same Experience letter as one of my credentials to the Canadian Immigration.

Since my Job Descriptions matches with NOC 2714 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers), now I am planning to apply for PR under FSW.

Now the MNC Company which I worked with, is also ready to provide me a Reference Letter with the Job Title "Customer Service Executive" along with Job Description which is all about Programming.

Now I have got 3 questions,

1. Am I eligible to apply for PR under FSW category because my Job Title is "Customer Service Executive" (NOC 6552 Customer and information services representatives) which is not listed under FSW and my Job Description matches with NOC 2714 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers) which is listed under FSW?

2. Since the project was under BPO sector, I got low pay. Does it affect my PR application?

3. From March 2012 till March 2014 I did not work under a skilled category in Canada. Does it affect filing PR under FSW?

Please help me !!!
1>Yes
2>NO
3> NO, you need at least one year experience in last 10 year.

You can use the title Customer Service Executive and still apply under 2174. But in you reference letter you need to give a detail about your job duties and responsibility.

If your job duties matches with the 2174 NOC's job duties than you will qualify.

acrossborder

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
soon
Anyone here working as an ETL or data warehouse consultant?

Im confused now whether i should be using noc 2172 or still use 2171 as my current position is systems analyst.

Duties and responsibilities are more inclined on data but not to the point of being DBA. I also do documentation, handles new and existing system updates and changes.

Any thoughts?

JOB 1: Technology Consultant
Responsibilities as Technology Consultant:
• Planned, coordinated, and supported business processes, systems, and users by applying knowledge of information technology (IT) discipline, including ITIL, UNIX, Oracle, Informatica and other Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence technologies
• Analyzed business requirements, coordinate with various technical groups, test and validate, and support enhancements to business DW solutions
• Implemented enhancements following the standard change and release management processes
• Participated as technical resource for enhancements and projects
• Provided inputs to customers or project team on requirement specification, design, testing, and support requirements
• Provided specialized skills and knowledge of a particular domain (technical, business, or application) that help ensure successful implementation
• Provided service improvement suggestions to management

Role Specific Tasks:

Class Owner
• Led and acted as Class Owner of Informatica Workshop; coordinated efforts with different managers of Application Management group to effectively schedule participants as to not impact daily operations; created initial training documentation for the new class owner which is currently use
• Led trainings for a global team about change management process and other related processes

Release to Production (R2P) Owner
• Managed and support migration to UAT and production
• Supported effort estimates (FTE) models
• Provided and led trainings about the change management process and other related processes for a successful migration and compliance with the ISO20k and other related procedures for a global team
• Provided consulting on the application supportability and pro-actively mitigate risks prior to any migration/changes to UAT and production
• Identified/investigated issues and its root cause and coordinate with other teams to obtain access, approvals, resolve application issues (Unix, Oracle and Informatica and other data integrity incident)

Change Owner
• Managed the change request end-to-end in accordance to the change management process of HP and constantly communicate the progress
• Responsible for setting up the firm change schedule at the start of the change and track it all the way until the change successfully moved into production

Quality Assurance (QA)
• Owned the testing in QA
• Created testing scenarios and perform testing in QA environment
• Documented the pre/post-process result of the testing procedures

JOB 2: Technical Consultant
• Performing data warehouse BI tasks for large projects (database design, business analyses, defining business requirements);
• Building data warehouse (DWH) competency;
• Deliver business and application specific consulting services included in the integrated Teradata solutions;
• Providing mapping and design of customer's business needs to the Teradata database;
• Supporting the pre-sale process as well as client communication;
• Understand Business Data Model and logical mappings (source mappings, LDM mappings);
• Create detailed, technical Source Target mappings;
• Unit testing;
• Package jobs, prepare for deployment;

KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Capture ETL Requirements
• Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems or production databases
• Design, develop, and test processes for validating and conditioning data prior to loading into a data warehouse
• Design, develop, and test processes for loading initial and cyclical data into a data warehouse, develop scripts for historical data retention, create and maintain technical documentation of the solution, and interact and work within a team environment.
• Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency
• Determine which data elements are historic and the retention period for historic data
• Determine data growth trends and peak business periods

PROJECTS HANDLED:

Project 1
Responsibilities as a Developer/Analyst:
• Analyzed functional specifications such as PDM, mapping specifications, existing database, table/views
• Designed and developed Informatica objects as per functional and business specification including logic formulation, feasibility of the current requirement to the actual implementation, etc.
• Handled complex mapping specifications which include Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD), Changed Data Capture (CDC), surrogate key creation, complex joins and transformations, table dependencies, etc.
• Modified scripts including BTEQ scripts and implement it on Informatica workflows
• Participated on Unit Testing and code promotion to UAT
• Ensured development standards and consistency on required deliverables are met
• Implemented Teradata's Control Framework for all Informatica objects during the development phase
• Interacted with business users and providing support during UAT phase.
• Assisted on development work and provided code review of project team members
• Provided support to issues in development
• Resolved issues and defects and retesting the test cases once the defects has been resolved

Project 2
Responsibilities as Informatica Consultant/Developer:
• Reviewed and verified the work of other team members
• Guided-through teammates through development by providing hands-on mentoring and played a key role for conducting reviews and criticism to team's work including onshore development work
• Served as technical resource for Teradata-Informatica best practices on Unit and System Testing; Conducted investigation and resolved issues pertaining to DB2 to Teradata migration
• Conducted and resolved issues pertaining to DB2 to Teradata migration (this includes data issues, code changes, production issues, TPT-Informatica related issues, Informatica upgrade issues, etc.)
• Converted ETL jobs currently executing on DB2 to Teradata 13.10 includes scripts running on UNIX and recoding it to work on Teradata
• Assisted on Informatica batch version 8.6 to Informatica 9.0.1 migration
• Developed all mappings with DB2 source and target instances to appropriate Teradata source and target instances.
• Converted all Lookup and other transformations (as necessary) on DB2 to Teradata tables
• Modified the converted source and target connections to appropriate ODBC/TPT connection
• Analyzed, implemented and tested TPT operators used on the source or target according to Teradata standards to improve performance/throughput

JOB 3: Systems Analyst
Systems Analyst (Investment) – Data warehouse/ETL

• Provide ongoing support of assigned applications in production including responding to service requests, performing problem analysis and resolution, issue escalation and reporting as necessary
• Perform regular maintenance activities required to keep the applications working at expected levels
• Participate in system improvement, renewal, stability and upgrade projects, disaster recovery exercises
• Design, develop, code, test, and debug programs for system changes and new projects
• Customize, configure and install software products and patches as per vendor specifications
• Provide work estimates in support of assigned work
• Create and maintain system documentation
• Maintain effective communication with management, team members and the business
• Design and implement a self-development plan and provide input into personal development plan of other team members
• Provide on-call and after hours support as required

Systems Analyst (Data warehouses)
• In charge of one or more systems. Identifies areas for improvement / enhancement on existing application system/s and on new ones being developed
• Determines, analyzes, and transforms business requirements to produce conceptual and technical design specifications at the system and programming levels
• Conducts capacity planning and performance tuning on supported application systems as required
• Ability to perform more complex conceptual and technical systems designs
• Ability to begin to provide technical leadership for a small teams of developers
• Develops or maintains; tests, implements and documents programs according to technical program specifications and Sun Life standards
• Identifies all possible test scenarios and prepares tests for the application systems under development
• Executes test plan during development and system testing and provides user acceptance testing or other testing as required to ensure that the application system processing reflects user requirements / technical designs
• Provides post-implementation and production support for application systems including analysis of technical production problems
• Performs implementation activities such as program promotions, installation of the application system, functional and technical training and tutorial for end users
• Performs development/update of the User Manual, Technical Systems Manual and Operations Manual
• Provides updates and status reports to the project manager during the course of a development and related support activities

acrossborder

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
soon
Any suggestions about the above query?

mja2014

Jun 14, 2014
acrossborder said:
Any suggestions about the above query?
Your job duties resemble more of 2171... One of my friend who is an ETL developer ( his title is Senior consultant) applied under 2171....

MYNK

Jul 14, 2014
Hi

I am also looking for similar stuff (reference letter) , I had worked with different companies in past 7 years as Software Engineer on dataware housing especially with IBM Cognos , SSRS and MSTR reporting. I am thinking of choosing 2173 software engineering but not sure what to get in reference letter and do I need it from all my employees ?

I have got my ECA and IELTS results.

Please share a sample reference here if you have already got it.

Thanks

acrossborder

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
soon
mja2014 said:
Your job duties resemble more of 2171... One of my friend who is an ETL developer ( his title is Senior consultant) applied under 2171....
thank you so much! +1 for your feedback :)

acrossborder

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
soon
MYNK said:
Hi

I am also looking for similar stuff (reference letter) , I had worked with different companies in past 7 years as Software Engineer on dataware housing especially with IBM Cognos , SSRS and MSTR reporting. I am thinking of choosing 2173 software engineering but not sure what to get in reference letter and do I need it from all my employees ?

I have got my ECA and IELTS results.

Please share a sample reference here if you have already got it.

Thanks
check this out:

giova424 said:
I would like to get feedback of my job reference letters, it may also serve as model for people aswell.
I'm may 22th applicant, NOC 2132 - Mechanical Engineer.

NOC 2132 - Mechanical Engineer.
Mechanical engineers perform some or all of the following duties:

-Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems

-Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems

-Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment

-Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures

-Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities

-Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews

-Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems

-Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance

-Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.

Reference Letter No 1

(ORIGINAL DOCUMENT ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD)​

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN​

We hereby attest that Mr. XXXXX, identified with citizenship card No. XXXXX of the Republic of XXXXX is associated as an active employee of our company through indefinite-term employment contract entered into June 17th of the year 2013 and that his current status at this date is: ACTIVE WORKER.

The position held by XXXXX is MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Profile: Mechanical Engineer), his basic monthly salary is XXXXX, an annual salary of XXXXX (Including Legal Service Premium) With 55 working hours per week.

Major task and duties:

- Coordinate and schedule activities of machinery preventive and corrective maintenance personnel, ensuriong the correct and normal operation of all the machines that do intervene in production at the open-cast coal exploitation project of XXXXX Mine in a reliable and efficient manner.

- Desing, improve and implement work and maintenance plans according to the production program being executed, in order to ensure total availability of equipment by operations department.

- Submits reports of the production operation and maintenance of machinery and facilities.

- Comply with all policies, regulations, standards and procedures established by the company.

This certification is issued in XXXXX, on the second (2th) day of the month of May, 2014.

Sincerly.

(Signature and Stamp)
XXXXX
Human Management Admin Coordinator.
XXXX @ blablabla.com

____________________________________________________________________​

Reference Letter No 2

(ORIGINAL DOCUMENT ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD)​

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN​

It pleases us to attest that Mr. XXXXX identified with citizenship card No. XXXXX was associated, through a fixed-term employment contract entered into with our company between the 1st day of November 2011 until June 6th 2013

The final position held by the employee was SERVICE ASSISTANT (Mechanical Engineer)
Number of hour per week worked: 44 hours per week.
Major task and duties the employee did perform:

- Open, oversee, follow-up and close work orders at the service division.
- Prepare technical service proposals.
- Scheduling, logistics and supervision of the branch office technical staff.
- Report advances of works orders to the comptroller, supplies, accounting charges, etc.
- Ensure the invoicing of all work carried out by the brach offices services division.
- Produce reports on the adjustement, cost, and closing of work orders at the end of the month, to be included in the balance sheet.
- Ensure provision of timely, efficient and reliable information to his superiors, the accounting department, audits and others.
- Issue, process and follow-up guarantee claims both internal as well as for representation lines.

This certification is issued in XXXXX, on the sixth (6th) day of the month of June of 2013.

Sincerly.

(Signature)
XXXXX
Administrative Director.

mylostworld

Jul 17, 2014
mylostworld said:
How can I get information that applications being processed by CIO are of which date of arrival?
I still see on cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

"Total received toward the overall cap: 887 of 25,000"
and the foot note for this says,
"The number of complete federal skilled worker applications received since May 4, 2014 is an estimate."

This means that still May 4, 2014 applications are being processed. Is my interpretation right?

zstream

Champion Member
May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
14-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Med's Request
11-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
mylostworld said:
I still see on cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

"Total received toward the overall cap: 887 of 25,000"
and the foot note for this says,
"The number of complete federal skilled worker applications received since May 4, 2014 is an estimate."

This means that still May 4, 2014 applications are being processed. Is my interpretation right?
No your wrong. Its up to May 7 application. Google "fsw global spreadsheet" for more detail.

raghupsingam

Aug 18, 2014
Hello Friends,

Can any one tell me the NOC code for SAP BASIS Administrator?

Also please give me Roles and Responsibilities list to get it on company letter head.

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raghu

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
raghupsingam said:
Hello Friends,

Can any one tell me the NOC code for SAP BASIS Administrator?

Also please give me Roles and Responsibilities list to get it on company letter head.

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raghu
Hi, you can get that info directly at the NOC site, http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/quicksearch.aspx?val65=2174 Cheers

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
CIC updates frequently but people on the spreadsheet do not, so it is really hard to estimate the numbers.
For example, over 20 applications in 2174 are received before 5/9(including) but the status are frozen on the Spreadsheet and we do not know if they are really un-encashed or they just forgot to update. These uncertainties make early estimation imprecise; therefore, it is encouraged to update your status on the Spreadsheet ASAP.

mylostworld

Jul 17, 2014
Can some one please tell me about IELTS result to be attached with application. Is it verified copy of IELTS result (TRF) or its Original (which every one has only one and can not be issued another one ) ??
About the educational assessment report, I am clear that I have to send the original but confused about IELTS. I have only one result card from IELTS and if I send it to CIO, I will not be left with anything which I need actually for some other place.

Please update ASAP.
Thanks in advance.