+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brother Neel, This process is not as straightforward as it seems. :) Actually mk and Jignesh got rejected during different sub-stages of the same stage (mk during completeness check while Jignesh during eligibility review), please read the below carefully. It is copied from page 1817 of this forum. A particular payment type chosen should not affect the case, in terms of risks associated with the DD or CC. Process for refund of fee might differ though, based on whether CC or DD used for payment.

UNDERSTANDING OF PER/AOR/MR/PCC/RPRF/PPR/VISA PROCESS
Please note that this process is only for applications received by CIO on or after 26th June 2010.

1) CIO Sydney – Completeness check
Once your application arrives at CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada the first thing that happens is it will undergo a completeness check. This check will ensure:
- That you have included all required forms
- That any forms which have space for a signature have been signed and dated
- That you have not left any blank fields
- That you have included the correct payment fee
- That you have included all supporting documents required by both the main CIO checklist, and the visa-office specific checklist

If unsuccessful your entire application will be returned to you by regular post with a covering letter. You will not get an email notification from CIO.

2) CIO Sydney – Payment charged
If your completeness check is successful your payment will be taken. This means CIO will attempt to charge your credit card, or they will cash your banker's draft, depending on which method of payment you chose.

If your payment is unsuccessful your entire application will be returned to you by regular post with a covering letter. You will not get an email notification from CIO.

3) CIO Sydney – Eligibility review
CIO then perform a complete eligibility review on your application, based on the information you have provided on your forms and they will examine your supporting documents to ensure it backs up the claims you have made.

For FSW1, they will be looking that the descriptions of your duties match the description of the NOC/s under which you are applying and will want to be satisfied that you have at least 1 year's continuous employment in at least one of the 50 in demand occupations.

For FSW2, they will need to see an AOE (Arranged Employment Opinion) or positive LMO (Labour Market Opinion) with a TWP and this must be for a job in Skill Levels 0 (Managerial) or A or B on the NOC list.

For both categories they will also assess your application against the selection criteria – age, education, work experience, adaptability, job offer and language skills etc., to ensure you have 67 points. They will use your supporting documents to convince themselves that there is sufficient proof to back up the claims you have made on your forms in these areas.

If your eligibility review is unsuccessful you will receive an email stating the reasons and your entire application will be returned to you. Since CIO has already taken payment by this point they will initiate a refund of your fees, which will likely take several months to get to you. Please note this is the last point at which you will receive a refund if your application is unsuccessful.

At this stage your ECAS status should now read “CIO eligibility review complete”.

UPDATE 18-Apr-2011: Please note that several people have been told that you do not get your application back AT ALL if your application is failed at the eligibility review stage, all you will receive is a refund for your processing fee.

4) CIO Sydney – PER issued and file transferred
If your eligibility review is successful, CIO will send you a confirmation of positive final eligibility review. This will be by email if you specified an email on your application; otherwise they will send a letter by regular post. They will then transfer your file to the CHC/VO (Canadian High Commission/Visa Office) for further processing.

Once the file gets to the visa office (which usually takes 2 to 4 weeks) your ECAS status will read “Received by visa office”.

5) 2nd AOR from visa office
Once your application arrives at the visa office, they will sit on it for a while. When they are in a position to process it most visa offices will send you a 2nd AOR. Also some offices send by email, and others send by snail mail. There is still no need to do anything at this stage. A few visa offices, most notably London, will not send a 2nd AOR at all but will skip this and go straight to medicals, or ask for further documentation.

6) Processing begins – document background checks
Once the visa office begins processing your file they will commence with document background checks.

At this stage your ECAS status should now read “In Process” with the extra line in the detail “Your application was reviewed and we started processing on <Date>”.

This document background check will include ascertaining the authenticity of your documents, and since they use some third party companies for this it could take a varying level of time depending on your visa office, the complexity of your case, and even the speed of the individual visa officer looking at your case. They may also perform employment verification checks which will involve telephoning both you (whilst at work) and your employer to ensure you give the same answers on their questions about your employment. Only a small percentage of applicants are likely to receive employment verification. Only if they are unconvinced by any of the work experience documents you sent, or if your application is one of the random spot-checks they do to prevent fraud, will they actually perform the verification.

Visa office may request further documentation from you during the processing phase, which can come by email or snail mail. They may also ask for a few things (PCCs or fresh forms) at the same time as medicals (see below)

7) Medical requests and RPRF fee request
Once the document background checks are completed satisfactorily, the visa office will write to you (usually by snail mail) requesting you to complete medicals and also requests RPRF (Right of Permanent Residents Fee). They may also ask for updated documents such as PCCs and fresh forms at this stage. Please note that New Delhi visa office will also request passports at this stage. Most other visa offices will not request passports until they are about to finalise the application.

This will basically involve your booking medical appointments at one of the approved DMPs (Designated Medical Practitioner) throughout the country.

RPRF at this time (18-Apr-2011) is CAD $490 for the principal applicant and also for accompanying spouse. So PA + spouse in total is CAD $980.

8.) PPR - Passport Request. Once your ECAS changed to Medical results have been received, just wait for 1-2 weeks for your PPR and once you submitted your passport it will take 3 weeks for your returned passports with visa on it.
neel-here said:
@ Oscar-

Both 'mk' and 'jignesh' are Rejected at same stage .. NER . .."job duties mismatch"

But, mk (CC) did not get charged whereas Jignesh got his DD encashed 8)

So is it riskier to handover DD in the hands of CIO ?? :eek: :eek:

gsingh80

Star Member
May 9, 2014
New Delhi
NOC Code......
jpn said:
No, they are still in game.
Problem here I see is many applicants does not update their records. However some are actually waiting for fee encashment.
Remember, you are always in game unless it is over.
I am a 2132 8th may applicant & most of 2132 8th may DD have been charged & just 2 of us DD applicants are left.. SO worried if i could of out the running...

Man!!! I need to be a optimist, after checking out Spreadsheet & ECAS status everyday for the last 2 months, this pessimism is creeping into me... :(

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
immigrationland said:
@ ashif_eee

I am making DD from India

which bank is responsible for making DD from India , as ur is SC for Bangladesh

plz reply

From the Indian thread members - Its HDFC bank/Thomas cook ...another one bank is also allowed for issuing DD...

Referring to Indian Applicants....:)

k_b

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2015
I guess what we all should do is forget about everything related to PR application. Keep ourself busy in things that relax us or may b even start working at office (rather than being on forum all the time).

There are two sides of joining our FORUM.... Positive side is you remain updated. Negative side is your remain updated and your mind occupied in only one thing all the time......

:D :D But if one can learn to leave it to the almighty then being on forum with a helping attitude is not at all a bad thing......

Keep up the spirits high my friend.... All the best

gsingh80 said:
I am a 2132 8th may applicant & most of 2132 8th may DD have been charged & just 2 of us DD applicants are left.. SO worried if i could of out the running...

Man!!! I need to be a optimist, after checking out Spreadsheet & ECAS status everyday for the last 2 months, this pessimism is creeping into me... :(

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
From where did u get this info, can u please provide me the link

thanks

From the Indian thread members - Its HDFC bank/Thomas cook ...another is also allowed for issuing DD...

Referring to Indian Applicants....Smiley

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
immigrationland said:
From where did u get this info, can u please provide me the link

thanks

Any Indian member---Please reply his query about the DD issuing institution.......:)

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
immigrationland said:
@ ashif_eee

I am making DD from India

which bank is responsible for making DD from India , as ur is SC for Bangladesh

plz reply
Which city are you from ??

Cool_India

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Pipis Husband said:
See above. Enjoy, :)
Thanks Pipis Husband for the reply!

However a clarity required here, as per the guide for all documents to write "Not Applicable" and not to keep fields blank so is it not be applicable here as well! pls suggest...

c_amin

Apr 14, 2014
ashif_eee said:
Any Indian member---Please reply his query about the DD issuing institution.......:)
Any nationalize or corporate bank is good such as, ICICI, AXIS, HDFC. Please be sure to ask your bank about FOREX D.D validity at CANADA, and you r good to go.

sk1979

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Jul-2014
Nomination.....
15-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
Band 8
Med's Request
6-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
19-Mar-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
25-Jun-2015
What is the difference between CIO checklist and the visa-office specific checklist?

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
Hyderabad - India

Is there any specific bank , only from that we should take DD or can i take from Thomas cook

thanks

i need the following details

on whose name dd should be taken ,

payable at which bank

as it is mentioned the royal bank of canada for ashif bhai ( check old post)

but my brother who applied for FSW his dd has nova scotia bank

plz guide me

thanks

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
sk1979 said:
What is the difference between CIO checklist and the visa-office specific checklist?

Brother,

Can u please tell us -where did u get this "the visa-office specific checklist" for PR application ....will be easy to clear u....

For FSW application u will have to follow the below checklist:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Cool_India said:
Thanks Pipis Husband for the reply!

However a clarity required here, as per the guide for all documents to write "Not Applicable" and not to keep fields blank so is it not be applicable here as well! pls suggest...
You have already ticked what is applicable sir so you're okay. What you didn't tick 'does not apply'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.