+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon555

Jul 15, 2014
Re: WES Application Filling (Complicated case) - Guide me please

Lemon555 said:
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here.

I am creating my WES account and I have to enter my credentials. My credentials' history is complex. To avoid delays with my case processing I have to enter details such as to keep it understandable and verifiable for the WES.

Background of problem:

I took my GCE O levels exam (Grade 10) as an external candidate from University of Cambridge International Examinations. To improve my score I took my exam again even after doing A Levels (i.e. Grade 12). So, I have 3 O level certificates with overlapping and different subjects from Nov 2002 - June 2006 (thus, none can be ignored).

I took A Level exam in 2005.

1. How should I enter three different certificates in WES application - Should I enter : November 2002 - June 2006 (first to the last exam date), OR enter each certificate's details separately?

2. My certificate states only the exam dates, not when I started preparing for the exam. What starting date should I mention thus? The date I started studying for it? It cannot be verified by WES because it's not on the certificate - that's an ambiguity.

Background for Question 3:

I am qualified CFA Level 2 (US Professional Chartered program) out of 3 levels. It's a 3 level program which takes 2 years minimum to be completed, and normally 3 or more years. CFA Is a rigorous program and University of Oxford, London Business School along with other CFA affiliated Masters in Finance programs follow CFA curriculum.

3. Will it's partial credential be counted towards my points?

Considering I've done 2/3 of this rigorous course, and WES analyses international credentials by comparing to the Canadian ones, there is a scope that 2/3 of CFA course could be covered by the Masters programs at Canada. Thus, earning me a full credit for that.

WES Offers 'Course by Course' Assessment and 'Document by Document' assessment both.

4. Course by course assessment gives me a possibility of earning higher points (Correct me please if it's a wrong assumption here). But will the Course by Course assessment be accepted by CIC for Immigration purposes?

5. In Adaptibility there are additional 5 points for arranged employment. Whereas in Experience Section there are 10 maximum points for an arranged employment.

Is there a difference in both forms of employment? If yes, what's that? If no, does that mean that arranged employment earns you a total of 15 points?

6. Is everyone called for an interview? What are we expected to be called for an interview assuming the CIC application is filed today?

Thanks in advance. :)

Did anyone experience any of this?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
tveeter said:
Hello All,

I had applied for FSW program last year and it got returned because of CAP reached.

This year I applied again. My application was received on 6 May and credit card was charged on 13 June.

I have two questions:
1. I did not put UCI number on my new application. I did not know I had to. Is that a big problem? This is not a problem, UCI will be sent to you in PER
2. I did not receive PER email yet. I am not sure what email id it would come from? Have patience, a lot of others who were charged before are yet to recieve PER. It will come eventually

Please can you suggest?
No need to panic, at least you've been charged. That's a step forward, cheers :)

sairahmad

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@24

Thanks for the format. I am almost following the same format. The issue at few companies is that they don't want to mention salary, one of them is reluctant to mention duties on the letter. What should I do If a company refuses to add any of the details? I do have appointment letters, offer letters, payslips, experience letters.

24 said:
This is the format....

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
This is to certify that______Your name____________ is working with __COMPANY NAME_______________ since ____Nov 2003______________till or present date as an ____Your designation_________________.

She / he is full time employee and her annual salary is three lakh sixty one thousand five hundred and sixty four including benefits medical, life insurance, conveyance, house rent allowance and yearly incentive.

Her / His key duties and main responsibilities are following:

List of ur duties either point wise or in paragraph...

Sincerely,

Signature
Name of person
Designation
Contact no.

If you have different roles in a period of years...make it in a table format with sr. no, Title, Salary, From-To date etc.

Letter does not mention u arre colleague or ur friend etc...it states u work or worked for the company...

It does not necessarily have things like He was hardowrking or team player...those are kind of ambiguous duties

rohit77

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/06/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
21/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27/02/2015
VISA ISSUED...
19/03/2015
LANDED..........
12/06/2015
Hello guys...I read here in the forum a lot of people checking their status on the basis of previous UCI. I applied last year but my package was returned as cap was reached though they put a UCI no.

But I didn't mentioned it this time as my consultant advice against it.
Please tell me what impact its going to have in my application processing.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WTF.. such a perception :eek: :eek:

well, since your's is a VISA..i think the payment gateway remains the same be it CC or DC. 8)
Stay positive man !! :)

Jiaox8 said:
I wish I got it wrong, but that's the exact words they told me. It's like pouring cold water to my hot heart, making me trembling. Lol...

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
rohit77 said:
Hello guys...I read here in the forum a lot of people checking their status on the basis of previous UCI. I applied last year but my package was returned as cap was reached though the put a UCI no.

But I didn't mentioned it this time as my consultant advice against it.
Please tell me what impact its going to have in my application processing.
It will have no impact at all. CIC will match it up on their own if your details exists in their database. Relax :)

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing Shivani !!

+1 to you :)

nshivani said:
Hello !

I need to give all the applicants some information which might be helpful to many.

I received PER mail on the 3rd July, and even after a week or so, I could not access e-CAS, it always showed the message that the information provided may be incorrect and there are no records matching the data.

I called cic, and they asked me to send an email to "question @ cic.gc.ca". Additionally, the agent gave a very nice idea, he asked me to write "Follow up required" in the subject to get the response in a day or two otherwise the response will be given in 30 days.

Let me paste the mail that the cic agent had sent to me.

================================================================================================================

After I sent them the email in above format, I received a response in one day.
In fact the response was a little bizarre.

I was asked to enter my full name in the "Surname/Last Name" field instead of my last name.
And I could see my ecas status.

P.S. All those who have received PER mail and are unable to view the status, may try entering full name (first name + middle name + last name)

All the best to everyone.

Rgds,

rohit77

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/06/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
21/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27/02/2015
VISA ISSUED...
19/03/2015
LANDED..........
12/06/2015
Pipis Husband said:
It will have no impact at all. CIC will match it up on their own if your details exists in their database. Relax :)
thanks a lot dear...will I be able to Check my status using same UCI

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Re: Process to get PCC from India (Gujarat)

darpanshah444 said:
Hi JPN,

just a quick question : I have already sent my documents to Canada (it was received on 20th June), and I am also from Ahmedabad. regarding the PCC, I filled up my PCC form online and had an appointment, after almost 20 days I received my PCC. however it was in a form of a letter and not as a stamp in passport.

I am quite confused why in ur case you got PCC stamped in passport while they issued me a letter.

just to confirm are we talking about the same Police Clearance formality ??
Yes bro, we are on same page. As per Standard operating procedure of Indian Passport services, PSK should print 3 letters; hand over two copies to applicant and keep one for their records acknowledged by applicant. They are also required to stamp the passport stating PCC issued for Canada.
I have applied thrice in past; the procedure was same, but PSKs were different. I.e. Chandigarh, Nagpur and Thane..

gsingh80

Star Member
May 9, 2014
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone..

As it can be seen from the spreadsheet, there are 41 DDs of 7th May applicants still to be encashed with just 25 DD have been updated as encashed in sheet.
So are these 41 guys out of the game?

And also, are any 8th may applicants who have been charged able to see their ECAS status updated?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
rohit77 said:
thanks a lot dear...will I be able to Check my status using same UCI
Once they log your current application, you should be able to check. 8)

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
@ashif_ee

brother,

iam from India and want to make DD from India

Is it country specific.( where can i get this information - plz send me the link)

thankyou ashif bhai..

sure +1 for you for your help

thanks a lot

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Process to get PCC from India

+1 for u harka007 for sharing the process...i think my PSK wld be shalimar place also...so we can jus walkin??
it is a great help...
though it wl take me time, my application reached on 9th June so I think I need to wait for 2-3 months to do so :(

harka007 said:
That's not true at least for Delhi...so you should not say India it should be Ahemedabad specific...

I am from Delhi, and i got my PCC same day within a couple of hours...just had to fill in the online form on the Passport site and then complete all the details, there is no need to take appointment as well for a few of the PSK centers (e.g Shalimar Bagh) Note:- Only a few PSK have walkin facility for others you have to take appointment (and still you will get the PCC same day within a couple of hours)

The next step when your form is complete is to deposit the fee online.

The next morning you can walk in to the PSK selected (verify first if the PSK is a walkin facility or not)

Next is they will call you to 3 different counters which include fingerprinting etc and checking your forms and approving the PCC.

The last one issues you the PCC and stamps your passport with the PCC information.

This process is true only for New Delhi in India.

Thanks

sk1979

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Jul-2014
Nomination.....
15-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
Band 8
Med's Request
6-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
19-Mar-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
25-Jun-2015
Alright seniors,

Confession time and this is what I had done. In the experience letter for my current job, I have copy-paste the job duties (top two points in RED) from the NOC-2171 description; however, I had added some more points from my end as well (GREEN Font)(purely my creation). The end result is following:

Please let me know if this "copy-paste" is going to create any problems?

• Confer with internal clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
• Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.

Interaction with Clients to identify technical requirements, product and solution presentations and technical support.
• Infrastructure Design with required Hardware and Software, technical studies, develop and integrate Information Systems Solutions.
• Conduct business meetings and advice on information systems strategy, policy, and management, security and service delivery.
• Systems Security analysis, operating systems security hardening, asses physical and technical security risks to data, hardware and software.
• Develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
• Channel for internal and external communication.
• Ensure business solutions are commensurate with goals as well as priorities.
• Implementation of Information Technology Solutions.
• Integrate computer hardware and required software.
• Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
• Identification of problems in computers proactively and their resolution in accordance with Vendor/manufacturer stipulated standards.

I have already sent my application to CIC yesterday.

Regards,
SK

Status
Not open for further replies.