+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gchabs

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent on 11-02-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Already Sent
File Transfer...
29-12-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
14-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
gchabs said:
Guys!

Someone had problems here tracking their DHL mail right, what happened eventually? was the mail delivered. Apparently, DHL updates stopped after day 3 and on calling customer care I found out that it has not even been handed over to the third party yet. Is it lost ?
Someone, anyone who've had a similar experience with DHL??

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
yogi44 said:
the origional question asked was which NOC was more close to testing profile.. 2171 oe 2174.
2171 is for analyst and consultants so it is ruled out.
Now talking about 2174 , here are few duties performed by 2174 professional :

Write, modify, integrate and test software code

Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions

I am also from a software profile.
Software tester does the following duties and it can be elaborated. SO i see some reason why that guy can apply in this year regardless of the designation.
Well ! nice explanation but does not fit into role , reasons :

1. The Guy with Software tester role will match maximum 2 duties out of minimum 5 or 6 that even not much to write
2. His designation would remain Quality control officer or software tester like that on all his official documents from different companies
3. If caught by visa office during background checks trying to apply in wrong noc at later stage, consequences might be serious.
4 Why CIC have created different NOC for software testers , if they are able to apply under 2174.
5 Difficult for your friend to get Job duties description as Application programmer from company letter head along with company seal

Still if you want to guide your friend to go ahead...its up to you....run the risk and lets see...might be your friend can make an example for 2015 applicants ...best of luck

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although this is a serious query it brought a smile to my face!
I am trying to imagine CIO guy reading the letter and coming across "His leave is approved for the month of October 2014 for personal visit to Canada."
Didn't mean to make fun of the situation / person. However, thank you for sharing your story, it did bring a smile for sure. Good luck!

By the way, if HR is hell bent upon keeping that sentence, adding that line shouldn't really harm your case.

soloDBA said:
Man, this immigration thing is turning out to be more tedious than I thought it would be.

Regarding my employer giving me letter stating - designation / salary / joining date / etc. (Job duties is going to be another letter on plain paper with my Manager's sign and details.)

I have told HR that I want letter for personal visit (I cannot tell immigration). And now, they say they compulsorily have to enter my leave dates for issuing this letter. I finally convinced them to enter Month instead of exact dates. So now, I am telling them to put October 2014 in the letter.

The line is expected to be something like: "..... His leave is approved for the month of October 2014 for personal visit to Canada."

Is this going to be OK? Any other suggestions?

gchabs

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent on 11-02-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Already Sent
File Transfer...
29-12-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
14-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
kanikachowdhry said:
Finally I got an update from DHL regarding my packet..it was delivered on 16th June. Now I can sit back and and just wait :) Good luck everyone!!
Hi Kanika,

When did you send your app and where from? I dispatched mine on 15th June from Dubai, UAE and they gave me an expected date of delivery as 19th June. However my tracking has not status update since 15th June 11 am - Departed Facility in ONTARIO SERVICE AREA - CANADA.

Did you experience something similar ?

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most of the gals' Appln. are received by Mike ..
and most of the guys Appln. are received by M Krszwda ;)

CIO is straight inclined .. :-*

LOL

migratecanada2012 said:
yup...mike is good name ...many applications received by him....surely your turn will come soon :)
kanikachowdhry said:
Yes thats correct. Mine was signed by Mike

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
soloDBA said:
Man, this immigration thing is turning out to be more tedious than I thought it would be.

Regarding my employer giving me letter stating - designation / salary / joining date / etc. (Job duties is going to be another letter on plain paper with my Manager's sign and details.)

I have told HR that I want letter for personal visit (I cannot tell immigration). And now, they say they compulsorily have to enter my leave dates for issuing this letter. I finally convinced them to enter Month instead of exact dates. So now, I am telling them to put October 2014 in the letter.

The line is expected to be something like: "..... His leave is approved for the month of October 2014 for personal visit to Canada."

Is this going to be OK? Any other suggestions?
One of a kind case :)

Best way around is to take whatever maximum your company/HR is ready to give and then add an affidavit explaining why chalk is chalk and cheese is cheese.

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
neel-here said:
Most of the gals' Appln. are received by Mike ..
and most of the guys Appln. are received by M Krszwda ;)

CIO is straight inclined .. :-*

LOL
@Neel.... expand your LHS profile with application date and other relevant details...see People start asking ...let them focus on actual questions rather than asking info that could be part of your LHS profile information...hope you understood.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Oscar7 said:
I am trying to imagine CIO guy reading the letter and coming across "His leave is approved for the month of October 2014 for personal visit to Canada."
Didn't mean to make fun of the situation / person. However, thank you for sharing your story, it did bring a smile for sure. Good luck!

By the way, if HR is hell bent upon keeping that sentence, adding that line shouldn't really harm your case.
Lol, all soloDBA has to do is use the letter he got from his HR and include a cover letter stating that due to company policy, his company did not give him the reference letter with CIC requirements. CIC is well aware of this challenge for a lot of applicants so soloDBA, you shouldn't have much problems for this. Hurry with your application, best of luck to you :)

ersanjeev84

Star Member
May 12, 2014
JAPAN
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st week of Oct
kollins said:
Both are okay but I strongly suggest you pick International express ($100) option as it will enable you to get your evaluation within one week of its despatch.
Try to go for option 2 if you can afford it.
Cheers.
Just i am explaining my case, my report was generated 0n 10th June, & i got report deliver on my letter box on 13th June with normal delivery option,
CANDA to JAPAN (home country Japan)

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
ersanjeev84 said:
Just i am explaining my case, my report was generated 0n 10th June, & i got report deliver on my letter box on 13th June with normal delivery option,
CANDA to JAPAN (home country Japan)

U were so lucky and besides Japan is one of the mostly developed country....that is the reason behind.... :D :D

For my country, (friend's case)- It took over a month brother... ;) ;)

So its better to avoid alws --to select regular mail....

k_b

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2015
9:38 Thursday (ADT) - Time in Nova Scotia, Canada

GMS

May 31, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
One more story i will share.. not so funny but shows cheap mentality of company management..

I asked our HR dept for the reference letter saying that I need it to do one advance course in procurement.. He agreed to issue the letter and he asked me name of the institute, course, timing etc.. Then i said that i will first apply to 4-5 institute and i am not quite sure about where i will be selected. Then he is said that he will issue NOC which mention that "company does not have any problem if i do some correspondence course in procurement function.."
Then i said that i need reference letter with an endorsement from company that my behavior is good and i am competent etc.. NOC does not endorse all these things.. he said that he does not have any such format.. then i gave him the draft letter and he is now brooding over it for last one week.. He may still write that this letter is issued for further study..

I am not sure whether CIC will accept such sentence or not.. Pls give suggestions if you have any..

Special request to HR guys of our forum... Pls you guys dont behave with your employees like this where ever you work..

Oscar7 said:

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
GMS said:
One more story i will share.. not so funny but shows cheap mentality of company management..

I asked our HR dept for the reference letter saying that I need it to do one advance course in procurement.. He agreed to issue the letter and he asked me name of the institute, course, timing etc.. Then i said that i will first apply to 4-5 institute and i am not quite sure about where i will be selected. Then he is said that he will issue NOC which mention that company do not have any problem if i do some correspondence course in procurement function.. Then i said that i need reference letter with an endorsement from company that my behavior is good and i am competent etc.. NOC does not endorse all these things.. he said that he does not have any such format.. then i gave him the draft letter and he is now brooding over it for last one week.. He may still write that this letter is issued for further study..

I am not sure whether CIC will accept such sentence or not.. Pls give suggestions if you have any..

Special request to HR guys of our forum... Pls you guys dont behave with your employees like this where ever you work..
Any HR guy reading this ---- We hate you ! :mad:

Cardsman

Jun 9, 2013
London, United Kingdom.
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014, PER Received: 08-08-2014
Looking at the Spreadsheet it appears that only applicants whose applications were received till 7th of May have had their fees charged thus far??? I am myself a May 7th applicant but as of yesterday my bank confirmed to me that my DD is still outstanding. Getting tensed with each passing day...

Status
Not open for further replies.