Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 6, 2015
LANDED..........
14-09-2015
blacky said:
congratulations teed618 and Omo on ur PPR.
the ministry has finally moved to the permanent site.
And so shall everyone's ministry move to the permanent site.

keysgav

Feb 19, 2015
Our accounts can be private but we shouldn't throw caution into the wind. And also never underestimate the level of rapport amongst these institutions.
I also believe there might be rules and regulations or terms and conditions guiding the disclosure of information once you opt into this citizenship application.

Unibadan said:
What i understand is that your account statement is private to you. No bank will extend confidential information a third party. Embassies call your bank to verify if you have account with the bank and does the account balance as at that day correspond with what the bank has in their database.

For account to be false, will probably be that the person did not open account with that bank or the account has been dormant or close.

This is my understanding.

FEMOL

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2014
Nomination.....
27/11/2014
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2015
LANDED..........
12/09/2015
All visa issuing officer will definitely confirm bank statement at anytime in the process before visas are issued, this is done in confidence without any recourse to the account holder. The duty of the applicant is to ensure that the account is real in the bank and funded to required limit. All banks have unit performing this role and their format differ from one to the other, but the common ground on the report includes balance as at the date, authenticity of the account etc. Alot information have been passed on this here, it can be annoying truly. Pipi's husband calm down and let's hope none of us here would be found wanting.

Thanks.

quote author=Pipis Husband link=topic=202722.msg4244795#msg4244795 date=1429867196]
Hi guys, I just found this on another thread,

Situation very urgent!!!
Dear friends,
I shedule my medical exam for two weeks, but suddenly my bank called me to tell me that my statement of proof of funds is false!!! My VO asked them few days ago to check the statement and they determined as above. I picked up the agency to help me around the whole application (among other things, with the proof of funds) and I did not have any problems with them untill now (they are well known in my country). What to do now, if something is even possible to do? The layer from the agency is convincing me that we will react only if VO contact me in the future (with looking for the explanation of the whole situation and asking to send another valid statement), but I am not sure that this is going to happen...Should I contact them immediately with the explanation and with the new statement and try to save the whole process? Pls, help me with your advices, I am desperate!!!! Cry

For all those yet to advance to PPR, be aware that AVO can confirm your proof of funds at any time from your bank and if it is fake, your bank will not shield you. The cry above highlights the fact that POF is a very serious issue and can be reconfirmed at any time until visa is issued. It is an integral part of background checks.

For those who have spent out of your POF, please go and make it up now and leave the funds intact with your bank until you get your visa. The most acceptable form of POF is money in a bank account with 3 to 6 motnhs account statement or fixed deposit. This is what AVO has been known to largely accept. It will not be funny to get a request to provide a recent POF now and then you come running to the forum looking for advice and pretending to be desperate. At that point, we may ignore you.

A word is enough for the wise please, TGIF.
[/quote]

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi guys, I just found this on another thread,

Situation very urgent!!!
Dear friends,
I shedule my medical exam for two weeks, but suddenly my bank called me to tell me that my statement of proof of funds is false!!! My VO asked them few days ago to check the statement and they determined as above. I picked up the agency to help me around the whole application (among other things, with the proof of funds) and I did not have any problems with them untill now (they are well known in my country). What to do now, if something is even possible to do? The layer from the agency is convincing me that we will react only if VO contact me in the future (with looking for the explanation of the whole situation and asking to send another valid statement), but I am not sure that this is going to happen...Should I contact them immediately with the explanation and with the new statement and try to save the whole process? Pls, help me with your advices, I am desperate!!!! Cry

For all those yet to advance to PPR, be aware that AVO can confirm your proof of funds at any time from your bank and if it is fake, your bank will not shield you. The cry above highlights the fact that POF is a very serious issue and can be reconfirmed at any time until visa is issued. It is an integral part of background checks.

For those who have spent out of your POF, please go and make it up now and leave the funds intact with your bank until you get your visa. The most acceptable form of POF is money in a bank account with 3 to 6 motnhs account statement or fixed deposit. This is what AVO has been known to largely accept. It will not be funny to get a request to provide a recent POF now and then you come running to the forum looking for advice and pretending to be desperate. At that point, we may ignore you.

A word is enough for the wise please, TGIF.
PH, thanks for reminding us about our POF status, Why will somebody use fake POF. I think the guy is out of FSW14 and will be ban for 5yrs if not more.

Iphyo

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Nomination.....
7-10-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-10-2014
teed618 said:
The Eagle landed at 2:12pm today.
Rejoice with me as I announce my PPR.

May 12 2014 applicant>

May the receipt of good news continue in this forum...
Congrats!.....Amen

Unibadan

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER 09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
soon
Med's Done....
soon
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
Hello PiPis,

Prevention is better than cure as you rightly mentioned. No one knows the dynamics they might use in balance statement check.

I have a question, do AVO invite for interview? if yes, is it at random or for all applicants. Does the interview comes before MR or after MR.

Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Unibadan said:
Hello PiPis,

Prevention is better than cure as you rightly mentioned. No one knows the dynamics they might use in balance statement check.

I have a question, do AVO invite for interview? if yes, is it at random or for all applicants. Does the interview comes before MR or after MR.

Thanks
Dear Unibadan, about 4 members of the 2013 thread reported they were invited for interviews at AVO this week. One confirmed his interview went well and hopes to receive positive feedback soon, the rest have not said anything about how the experience was, not a good sign.

Interview request may come before or after MR but the majority have been before MR as reported to us.

AVO does not call for interviews randomly but rather due to documentation issues with the application or as a result of feedback from background/criminality checks. We have obtained this analysis from the questions asked and the issues raised with the invited applicants.

teed618

Star Member
May 5, 2013
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 22, 2014
Med's Request
January 27, 2015
Med's Done....
february 7 and 28, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 6, 2015
LANDED..........
14-09-2015
Unibadan said:
Hello PiPis,

Thanks
Yes, AVO invites for interview atimes, but the basis may or may not be random.

4REAL

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/6/14
Nomination.....
PER 22/10/14
Med's Request
15/4/15
Med's Done....
25/4/15
Passport Req..
15/5/15
VISA ISSUED...
04/6/15
teed618 said:
The Eagle landed at 2:12pm today.
Rejoice with me as I announce my PPR.

May 12 2014 applicant>

May the receipt of good news continue in this forum...
Congratulations teed618!

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
This is a public forum mate.............Lets watch the things we discuss. Some things can best be discussed on the Whatsapp/BBM group please. Lets not put others in dire situations. My take!

neyobash14 said:
To d best of my knowledge, how many people have 3-5Million naira kept somewhere in Nigeria. Dont get me wrong, some do but not everyone.
So, let everybody just follow the forum like a religion now, so once you see, they are sending MR & or PCC to people that applied in August 2014 and you applied in October 2014, just run back to your collegues, friends or family members and get the amount back into your account and u are good to go.
Keeping huge amount in an account is tempting now, haba, na Nija we dey, our economy no dey superb like dat joor. Cos if i have access to 3-5M steady, then why are we talking about running to Canada? Lets just pray AVO wont ask any of us to re-submitt POF cos..hmmm it won't be easy o.
Just saying though.
I might be wrong sha oo.Cheers

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
neyobash14 said:
Kay_diwe, I do not think i have done anything wrong sharing my thoughts. All i have said is FOR EXAMPLE.
Infact this is the best place to discuss this as far as I am conerned.
I pray God answer all our prayers.
Amen
Agreed. It is the best place. However, no one knows who is who. One can't say who is the silent follower of the thread neither are the identities of forum members fully known. BB group, whatsapp provides a level of confidentiality that d forum does not provide. ....

All will end well by His grace

phood2

Jan 16, 2015
Hello, my people, thanks to all especially the experienced members for making this forum a solution centre.

I URGENTLY need some help from the senior/ experienced members please. Sorry...this is fairly long...but appreciate your time to fully digest - I received my MR early Mar 2015 and completed the medicals for all my family members same month in 2 different clinics in 2 different countries. AVO wrote me this month that 2 of my children's results, one from each clinic, have not been received. On contact with the clinics, the 1st one told me they have sent it and sent me a copy which I forwarde to AVO. Surprisingly, AVO then said they had no evidence of its submission to them and directed me back to the clinic. However, the clinic no longer want to communicate with me as they said that by their agreement with CIC, I should henceforth directed all my communication to CIC. Meanwhile, the 2nd clinic provided their evidence which show 'Visitor' in a section of the form. On this, CIC said that it should be 'Permanent Resident' but the clinic said that when they search the system they did not my child's name and only able to put her record under 'Visitor' and they this could not be changed. Now, neither of these 2 issues with the 2 clinics is my fault or under my control in any way but I am surprised that AVO wants me to deal with the clinics (who are not willing to talk to me) and not them dealing directly since they have much better leverage and the clinics are supposed to working for them. They gave 2 weeks to resolve (now remaining only 4 working days!!!) or else they will close my application for non-compliance. Any counsel that will help get me back on track will be well appreciated. God bless you as you share your thought.

Meanwhile my timeline (which have not been able to put on the spreadsheet - Admin help pls!) as follows

Application recvd - 12 June 2014
PER - 8 Oct 2014
MR - early March 2015

phood2

Jan 16, 2015
Hello, my peeps, thanks to all especially the experienced members for making this forum a solution centre.

I URGENTLY need some help from the senior/ experienced members please. Sorry...this is fairly long...but appreciate your time to fully digest - I received my MR early Mar 2015 and completed the medicals for all my family members same month in 2 different clinics in 2 different countries. AVO wrote me this month that 2 of my children's results, one from each clinic, have not been received. On contact with the clinics, the 1st one told me they have sent it and sent me a copy which I forwarde to AVO. Surprisingly, AVO then said they had no evidence of its submission to them and directed me back to the clinic. However, the clinic no longer want to communicate with me as they said that by their agreement with CIC, I should henceforth directed all my communication to CIC. Meanwhile, the 2nd clinic provided their evidence which show 'Visitor' in a section of the form. On this, CIC said that it should be 'Permanent Resident' but the clinic said that when they search the system they did not my child's name and only able to put her record under 'Visitor' and they this could not be changed. Now, neither of these 2 issues with the 2 clinics is my fault or under my control in any way but I am surprised that AVO wants me to deal with the clinics (who are not willing to talk to me) and not them dealing directly since they have much better leverage and the clinics are supposed to working for them. They gave 2 weeks to resolve (now remaining only 4 working days!!!) or else they will close my application for non-compliance. Any counsel that will help get me back on track will be well appreciated. God bless you as you share your thought.

Meanwhile my timeline (which have not been able to put on the spreadsheet - Admin help pls!) as follows

Application recvd - 12 June 2014
PER - 8 Oct 2014
MR/ RPRF - early March 2015