+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

nzsr_786

Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2014
Nomination.....
07-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
02-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06.12.2014 (Alhumdulillah)
LANDED..........
SOON
Hi Guys..I really appreciate if somebody can answer my following queries..Thank you in advance !

1) AFTER YOU HAVE GOT YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENCY STAMP IN YOUR PASSPORT, IF YOU RECEIVE A JOB OFFER FROM A CANADIAN EMPLOYER...DO YOU HAVE TO NOTIFY ABOUT THIS JOB OFFER TO OUR VISA OFFICE (IN MY CASE NDVO)?

2) THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY WAS OBTAINED WITH PROOF OF FUNDS. SO, AFTER THIS JOB OFFER, DO I STILL HAVE TO CARRY POF WHEN LANDING?

Thanks

nzsr_786

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 (3rd line 12-05-2015) (DM 26-05-2015)
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
nzsr_786 said:
Hi Guys..I really appreciate if somebody can answer my following queries..Thank you in advance !

1) AFTER YOU HAVE GOT YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENCY STAMP IN YOUR PASSPORT, IF YOU RECEIVE A JOB OFFER FROM A CANADIAN EMPLOYER...DO YOU HAVE TO NOTIFY ABOUT THIS JOB OFFER TO OUR VISA OFFICE (IN MY CASE NDVO)?

No need to notify Visa Office if you have already received stamp visa. Just arrice at canada and join work.

2) THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY WAS OBTAINED WITH PROOF OF FUNDS. SO, AFTER THIS JOB OFFER, DO I STILL HAVE TO CARRY POF WHEN LANDING?

Thanks

nzsr_786
Yes you have to carry proof of funds because you have got visa without job offer.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
nzsr_786 said:

Thanks

nzsr_786
ANSWER 1: You don't need to tell them about your job because you haven't joined them and it doesn't change your circumstances. Furthermore, just a job offer is not enough. You will have to get LMO and you will have to fulfill the requirements which will take time. In my opinion, you shouldn't inform NDVO as it is neither beneficial nor harmful.

ANSWER 2: Regardless you have a job offer, amount of carrying landing funds is a million dollar question which everyone answers differently. I have read in a post in which NDVO has replied to an applicant that the Proof of Funds is the amount that you must show in order to prove your eligibility but you DON'T need to carry these funds with you to Canada. This is the same stance of my consultant who is a Canadian national and lawyer. However, they do ask landing immigrants about how much they are carrying and in which form. I haven't heard anyone who was asked clearly about showing PROOF OF FUNDS at any POE. The reason they ask you how much you are carrying is because they want you to declare amount if you are carrying more than CAD 10,000 (in case you have forgotten to declare). But almost everyone (as no one wants to take the risk) suggests to carry the whole amount i.e. proof of funds in order to avoid any unforeseen problem. Some claim that they have examples in which applicants were returned when they were unable to show POF at POE but as per my knowledge it happens in case of Student or Visit Visas.

In a nut shell, having a job offer now will not change your circumstances and, since, you haven't joined this new job, you don't have to tell NDVO. You don't need to carry the POF to Canada. If I got the visa (INSHALLAH) before you then I will dare to ask the immigrant officer for all of the forum members about the POF and will share my experience so that everyone gets clear about this (including me).

Stay blessed and pray for me mate..

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
terki said:
ORDER GCMS AFTER 3-4 MONTHS POST PER OR IDEALLY AFTER A MONTH AFTER MEDICAL LINE OR AFTER MEDICAL TEST - ...
IDEALLY ORDER THEM ONCE THROUGH THE CASE AND AT THE LAST STAGE WHEN PSPT RQST IS DELAYED - THIS TRIGGERS A BF' DATE..

GOOD LUCK
Thanks for your response.

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
Owais Iqbal said:
ANSWER 1: You don't need to tell them about your job because you haven't joined them and it doesn't change your circumstances. Furthermore, just a job offer is not enough. You will have to get LMO and you will have to fulfill the requirements which will take time. In my opinion, you shouldn't inform NDVO as it is neither beneficial nor harmful.

ANSWER 2: Regardless you have a job offer, amount of carrying landing funds is a million dollar question which everyone answers differently. I have read in a post in which NDVO has replied to an applicant that the Proof of Funds is the amount that you must show in order to prove your eligibility but you DON'T need to carry these funds with you to Canada. This is the same stance of my consultant who is a Canadian national and lawyer. However, they do ask landing immigrants about how much they are carrying and in which form. I haven't heard anyone who was asked clearly about showing PROOF OF FUNDS at any POE. The reason they ask you how much you are carrying is because they want you to declare amount if you are carrying more than CAD 10,000 (in case you have forgotten to declare). But almost everyone (as no one wants to take the risk) suggests to carry the whole amount i.e. proof of funds in order to avoid any unforeseen problem. Some claim that they have examples in which applicants were returned when they were unable to show POF at POE but as per my knowledge it happens in case of Student or Visit Visas.

In a nut shell, having a job offer now will not change your circumstances and, since, you haven't joined this new job, you don't have to tell NDVO. You don't need to carry the POF to Canada. If I got the visa (INSHALLAH) before you then I will dare to ask the immigrant officer for all of the forum members about the POF and will share my experience so that everyone gets clear about this (including me).

Stay blessed and pray for me mate..
For reference purposes, see the post below to which Owais Iqbal alludes in ANSWER 2.

Saps said:
..., i will paste the mail i received from NDVO on POF. .... However, you are better judge of what you should be using :) Hope this helps.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

The amount of funds you need to have in order to settle in Canada depends on the size of your family. The funds must be available to you and transferable to Canada. They must be unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Number of family members
Funds required
$11,115
$13,837
$17,011
$20,654
$23,425
$26,419
7 or more
$29,414

Note: In terms of funds required, the number of the applicant's family members includes both accompanying and non-accompanying dependants.

Acceptable proof of funds are:
-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-cashable fixed deposits in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;
-property valuations of property which is unencumbered by debt in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:
-bank accounts in someone else's name;
-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);
-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada;
-vehicle valuations;
-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependants.

If you have arranged employment in Canada, you do not have to meet these financial requirements. Arranged employment means that you have an offer of indeterminate employment from an employer in Canada. You must be either currently working in that employment on a work permit in Canada, or have been issued a labour market opinion has must have been provided by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). In order to be exempt from the minimum funds requirement, the offer of employment must be genuine, the employment must not part-time or seasonal, the wages offered must be consistent with the prevailing wage rate for the occupation, and the working conditions must meet generally accepted Canadian standards.

For more information on funds required to immigrate to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker please visit the following website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l'immigration – 8.
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

Websites/ Sites www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nepal

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message.
Of interest to me is this part:
You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependants.
This seems to suggest that they would accept a bank statement showing proof of having the funds, instead of actually carrying it in the form of bank draft, travellers' cheques or cash. I HATE travelling with too much cash (Murphy's Law & all), so my thinking is to transfer any excess cash to my US Bank accounts (TD Bank US/BoA) and use the bank statements of these at the border as proof of funds. Thereafter, the funds could always be easily transferred to a Canadian bank account after opening one in the first few days.

Based on discussion on another thread, it was suggested that one carries around $5000 (not all in cash - 80/20 rule for DD/Cash) for a single person and then add another $2000 per person as an initial amount to satisfy the immigration officer that you can survive the first couple of months with cash on hand, as well as using the bank statements as evidence that altogether you have the full required amount.

Do you think this would work? Would you be willing to try doing this in completing your landing process as you offered and report back to us all here? :)

bluemav

Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=#4294EB]Manila[/color]
NOC Code......
[color=#4294EB]2281[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=#4294EB]15-05-2014[/color] PER_Received..: [color=#4294EB]04-09-2014[/color]
Med's Request
[color=#4294EB]29-09-2014[/color]
Passport Req..
[color=#4294EB]22-10-2014[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
00-00-0000 [img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/blue-face/excited-facial-expression-smiley-emoticon.png[/img]
Guys, I need some insights.

My wife's name on her PP is her Maiden Name/Pre-Marriage name.
We got our PER already last week. Do we need to renew and update her PP into Post-Marriage name?

or we can use her Pre-Marriage PP until we get our VISA and later on update her PP in Canada?.

Thank you in advance.

GoodLuck!

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
obryan20 said:
For reference purposes, see the post below to which Owais Iqbal alludes in ANSWER 2.

Of interest to me is this part:
This seems to suggest that they would accept a bank statement showing proof of having the funds, instead of actually carrying it in the form of bank draft, travellers' cheques or cash. I HATE travelling with too much cash (Murphy's Law & all), so my thinking is to transfer any excess cash to my US Bank accounts (TD Bank US/BoA) and use the bank statements of these at the border as proof of funds. Thereafter, the funds could always be easily transferred to a Canadian bank account after opening one in the first few days.

Based on discussion on another thread, it was suggested that one carries around $5000 (not all in cash - 80/20 rule for DD/Cash) for a single person and then add another $2000 per person as an initial amount to satisfy the immigration officer that you can survive the first couple of months with cash on hand, as well as using the bank statements as evidence that altogether you have the full required amount.

Do you think this would work? Would you be willing to try doing this in completing your landing process as you offered and report back to us all here? :)
Well I will be carrying around CAD 3000 or so initially for my first month. I will definitely let you guys know about my landing experience IA. :)

jattjalandhar7

Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2014
Nomination.....
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
09-08-2014
Med's Done....
09-12-2014
Interview........
N.A
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
LANDED..........
Toronto
nzsr_786 said:

Thanks

nzsr_786
Have you got your visa ??

catalyst

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-5-2013[b][color=green]<br/>WES Doc.......:5-5-13[b][color=aqua]<br/>PER...............:29-07-13[b][color=blue]<br/>AOR..............:5-9-13[b][color=darkpurple]
IELTS Request
10-05-13<br/>FSWP2010NDVO: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNybiwrlKwXBGteBb0zpdCw&authkey=CNqatbgL#gi[b][color=purple]
hi all,

Can someone tell me when the ECAS gets updated in a week and on which days???

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
catalyst said:
hi all,

Can someone tell me when the ECAS gets updated in a week and on which days???

Ecas updates usually on saturday/sunday for ndvo

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
Owais Iqbal said:
Well I will be carrying around CAD 3000 or so initially for my first month. I will definitely let you guys know about my landing experience IA. :)
OK, then. I'm eager to hear of your experience when that time comes, which I trust will be soon. +1 to you for being a good sport ;).

In the interim, hope the wait for you isn't too bad. As I have now passed the first stage (PER), the uncertainty for me is now gone and the wait has become a bit more bearable.

B positive

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
anyone have any idea that how many applications have been submitted in NOC 3012 uptil now? Any guess based on this forum and actual registered cases??

ramgarhia

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
Nomination.....
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-04-2014
Med's Request
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Soon 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon 2015
LANDED..........
Definitely 2015
B positive said:
anyone have any idea that how many applications have been submitted in NOC 3012 uptil now? Any guess based on this forum and actual registered cases??

Its 57 till 25-26 may 2014 & till today it will be appx not more than 300.
So dont worry & file soon.

siryasir

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
ITA under EE, not yet!
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
InshAllah soon
Med's Request
InshAllah soon
Med's Done....
InshAllah soon
Interview........
InshAllah waived
Passport Req..
InshAllah soon
VISA ISSUED...
InshAllah soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
Owais Iqbal said:
Why does offering a job to a PR holder would require LMO by employer ???

I think LMO is required only if employer is recruiting someone who has no PR or citizenship, Isnt it ?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
c73w said:
Hi Terki, what do you mean by "THIS TRIGGERS A BF' DATE.."? Can you please elaborate?
GCMS ORDERING OR ANY COMMUNICATION U MAKE WITH CIC - TRIGGERS AN ENTRY INTO GCMS NOTES OF SUCH COMMUNICATION - THIS WILL LEAD THE FILE TO GO FORWARD FROM ITS ORIGINALLY STORED DATE -

B'F DATE - THIS REFERS TO A DATE ON WHICH OFFICERS IS DESTINED TO VIEW YOUR FILE