+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From USA under GSS LMIA exempt

RohiniRashmi

Aug 18, 2022
Our GSS application was submitted on 08/08 and we finished biometrics on 08/15. We are applying from USA. CWP for my husband and SOWP for me and Study permits for my two kids. What’s the next step? I believe there is no medical requirement. Is it only approval we need to wait for? Anybody received an approval recently? We are running out of our USA visa and need this approval urgently. What can be done to expedite?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Our GSS application was submitted on 08/08 and we finished biometrics on 08/15. We are applying from USA. CWP for my husband and SOWP for me and Study permits for my two kids. What’s the next step? I believe there is no medical requirement. Is it only approval we need to wait for? Anybody received an approval recently? We are running out of our USA visa and need this approval urgently. What can be done to expedite?
Nothing can be done to expediate the process. IRCC is notorious for processing applications. They are still shamelessly playing the "Covid is causing the delay" victim card. AFAIK, GSS is the fastest processed visa by IRCC, so don't expect even faster processing. Given your visa issue in US, plan accordingly.

RohiniRashmi

Aug 18, 2022
I see that normal work permit from the USA is taking 12 weeks currently. GSS being the faster one should ideally have been processed in two weeks but is also taking 12 weeks. We have exactly 12 weeks in which we need the approval and the stamping. It’s tough!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see that normal work permit from the USA is taking 12 weeks currently. GSS being the faster one should ideally have been processed in two weeks but is also taking 12 weeks. We have exactly 12 weeks in which we need the approval and the stamping. It’s tough!
Normsl WPs are taking longer than 12 weeks. Posted processing times are often incorrect. GSS is taking from 1-3 months.

Reactions: RSub

RohiniRashmi

Aug 18, 2022
Normsl WPs are taking longer than 12 weeks. Posted processing times are often incorrect. GSS is taking from 1-3 months.
Oh ok. We may just be short of a week or two. Atleast can we get the stamping done faster by visiting the VAC or VFS personally in the USA? Or get it done at the border directly?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh ok. We may just be short of a week or two. Atleast can we get the stamping done faster by visiting the VAC or VFS personally in the USA? Or get it done at the border directly?
The border issues the work visa. You can't get the work permit stamp there. So going to the border won't help you. I don't know if going to the VAC or VFS personally speeds things up. You really need to be posting in the Foreign Workers section of the forum. I've pointed you to the thread where people are in the same situation as you (i.e. applying from the US, GSS).