+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FROM TODAY YOU CAN BOOK YOUR MANDATORY 3 DAY HOTEL QUARANTINE - GATHER HERE!!!

Kwamz

Feb 15, 2021
Is it possible to quarantine in same hotel with someone whom you travelled with on the second leg flight to canada?
p.s : The person is a known person just that we will meet in transit and fly on same final leg flight to canada

Prabhat Singh

Aug 2, 2019
Is it possible to quarantine in same hotel with someone whom you travelled with on the second leg flight to canada?
p.s : The person is a known person just that we will meet in transit and fly on same final leg flight to canada
Yes, as long as you both register together on Arrivecan and fillup the same Declaration form( distributed by the flight crew) for both individuals and have booked 3 days hotel (double occupancy) then you can stay together.

berket13

Apr 10, 2021
Hi Guys I have a question. My wife is schedule to arrive in Toronto May 16th from overseas. If I reroute her flight to New York city and get her to then travel to buffalos. Can she avoid the Quarantine hotel in Canada? Will she have to quarantine at New York?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys I have a question. My wife is schedule to arrive in Toronto May 16th from overseas. If I reroute her flight to New York city and get her to then travel to buffalos. Can she avoid the Quarantine hotel in Canada? Will she have to quarantine at New York?

Thanks
If she is not transiting through the US but landing in the US, you will need to find out about US covid rules. Go to US immigration. Assume she has a US visitor visa. If she lands in Buffalo to cross by land, she will need to do a COVID test in the US before crossing. So one before she leaves her home country, follow US rules, Covid test in the US and then cross the border. If she needs to wait for tests, she will need to book a hotel in Buffalo and wait for the results. When crossing by land border, she doesn't have to hotel quarantine but that can always change. Assume you are PR too.

Here are rules for crossing by land.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/driving-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-driving

Last edited:

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
@Naturgrl, and other members in the know, I need your help regarding two important questions :

(1) Can I apply for a SIN while still being outside of Canada? I have a house address already in Canada, and a USA number( plan to get a Canadian number on the day of landing). I guess it(SIN) could be applied for online. How feasible is this. The reason I'm considering getting a SIN before landing is that I don't want to lose a Graduate Assistantship opportunity which expires on May 3 if I don't have a SIN.
Again, how soon would it be made available after an application has been submitted?

(2) I would like to get clarity as regard the total number of hours international students could work . I understand international students should not work more than 20hrs for an off campus employment. So, is it possible to work off campus for 20hrs and still take up on campus job?
Your responses would be appreciated.

mudassir48

Oct 29, 2014
Hello guys, I have reached Canada and I am writing this from my shuttle to the hotel from Airport. If you have any queries let me know. I would be happy to help you. Since this forum has helped me alot to so It's my responsibility to help others now,as much as possible.
Can you please guide how to make the hotel reservation, which hotel has the lowest per day rate ?

Prabhat Singh

Aug 2, 2019
Can you please guide how to make the hotel reservation, which hotel has the lowest per day rate ?
Hi Mudassir, you can make the reservation online by visiting the respective hotel's website and filling up the details required. Holidays inn AND Fairfield Inn (YYZ) has the lowest per day rate but their is not much difference because almost all the GAA approved hotels has same rates.

mudassir48

Oct 29, 2014
@Prabhat Singh ok bro, Thanks a lot. In which airlines did you travel and what were the questions asked at the immigration counter. Do we have to pay for the covid test or is it free ?

Last edited:

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
@Naturgrl, and other members in the know, I need your help regarding two important questions :

(1) Can I apply for a SIN while still being outside of Canada? I have a house address already in Canada, and a USA number( plan to get a Canadian number on the day of landing). I guess it(SIN) could be applied for online. How feasible is this. The reason I'm considering getting a SIN before landing is that I don't want to lose a Graduate Assistantship opportunity which expires on May 3 if I don't have a SIN.
Again, how soon would it be made available after an application has been submitted?

(2) I would like to get clarity as regard the total number of hours international students could work . I understand international students should not work more than 20hrs for an off campus employment. So, is it possible to work off campus for 20hrs and still take up on campus job?
Your responses would be appreciated.
For your question number 2:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

Working on campus in addition to working off campus
There are no restrictions on the number of hours students can work on campus [as per R186(f)] in addition to working off campus, provided they continue to meet the applicable eligibility requirements.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
For your question number 2:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

Working on campus in addition to working off campus
There are no restrictions on the number of hours students can work on campus [as per R186(f)] in addition to working off campus, provided they continue to meet the applicable eligibility requirements.
Thanks for providing this link. It really provides the necessary information I need.

Reactions: rogelcorral

berket13

Apr 10, 2021
Hi, I asked the hotel staff at Sheraton and they specifically said to use international Credit/Debit card only. Hence do not use your forex card. Rest you can call and confirm from your particular hotel since mode of payments might differ from hotel to hotel.

Hi Prahabat how many days did you have to stay and do they have veggie options? How as your experience and internet?

Thanks