+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Passport Request to Visa

familyof4

Aug 3, 2010
steven2091965 said:
Hi Familyof4,

Try to look at 168 Mall Divisoria but be careful because it is very congested and it's hard to find a parking lot, there are some winter jacket there but it is not comparable to the winter clothes in abroad but still helpful to keep yourself and your kids from very cold temperature. The secret is you must do layering of clothes. In SM surplus shop, there's a lot of winter jacket ( overruns but still good if you're not to picky ) that will fit for the kids or if not just go to your nearest tailoring shop and have it custom fit to your child's built.
THANKS steven, we are not picky, we actualy have ukay ukay from our relatives for US,they send them in mannitoba,i just need winter clothes we can use during our travel..will try to look at 268.God Bless

jules marqz

Star Member
Jul 30, 2010
Hi Guys,
Thank God. After 1 month and 3 days - DM na ako so to all my batchmates na nagsubmit ng passport from august 18 onwards eh kayo na ang susunod. ;D

alimosen

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
Hi we everyone,

Our flight is on October 6 already. Do we still need to have a show money when we get there?

jules marqz

Star Member
Jul 30, 2010
alimosen said:
Hi we everyone,

Our flight is on October 6 already. Do we still need to have a show money when we get there?
Hi Alimosen, how fast! When dumating passports from the time na DM kayo?
Paano ka nagpa reserve sa PDOS?

steven2091965

May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11/20/2009
Med's Request
1/24/2010
Med's Done....
2/04/2010
Passport Req..
7/16/2010 a very big thanks
VISA ISSUED...
8/24/2010 Thanks God
LANDED..........
Visa will expire on Jan 28, 2011
alimosen said:
Hi we everyone,

Hi Alimosen,

Your flight sched is very near, I guess your very busy packing up all your things. It's better to have the right amount of show money, some immigration officers are too strict with what you have and how are going to settle there especially if you're under General stream category. For family stream category, I guess it's not that too strict as long as you have the MAS ( Manitoba affidavit of support if you're bound to Manitoba )

alimosen

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
steven2091965 said:
Hi Alimosen,

Your flight sched is very near, I guess your very busy packing up all your things. It's better to have the right amount of show money, some immigration officers are too strict with what you have and how are going to settle there especially if you're under General stream category. For family stream category, I guess it's not that too strict as long as you have the MAS ( Manitoba affidavit of support if you're bound to Manitoba )
Thats the problem steven.. I dont know where to start... :( when are you leaving? too many things in mind.. :(

familyof4

Aug 3, 2010
hi steven, what is Mannitoba affidavit of support?is this the cerificate we received when we passed the nominee program?i heard we cannot bring more than 10K$,pls enlighten us..thank u

alimosen

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
familyof4 said:
hi steven, what is Mannitoba affidavit of support?is this the cerificate we received when we passed the nominee program?i heard we cannot bring more than 10K$,pls enlighten us..thank u
how much do we really need to bring as cash?

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
dear all,
can you please advise how lond did it take for a passport request after your medical check done ?
i am still awaiting further step after medical check, it has been 2.1/2 months.. but in what way was you notified by the
cic office for the passport request, by e-mail? by mail ?
was you asked to pay the resident fee before requesting the Passport, or at the same time?
according to the online status, it is " in process" , i don't know whether ottawa has received and reviewed our medical report or not.

thanks,

steven2091965

May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11/20/2009
Med's Request
1/24/2010
Med's Done....
2/04/2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
8/24/2010 Thanks God
LANDED..........
familyof4 said:
MAS is not the same with LOA, MAS Manitoba affidavit of support is like a certification wherein a member of your family or your friend are willing to sponsor in case you are financially incapacitated. You can bring as much money as you could as long as you declare it.

sysy

May 13, 2010
dear friends,
its me again,want to join the forum,we sent our passports last sept 5 to cem.and now we are waiting for them with visas.Congrats sa mga dumating na. ;) :)

steven2091965

May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11/20/2009
Med's Request
1/24/2010
Med's Done....
2/04/2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
8/24/2010 Thanks God
LANDED..........
alimosen said:
Hi Steven,

Is PDOS and COA the same? If not, do we need to take both before we leave?
Hi Alimosen,

PDOS is mandated because you can not leave the country without it. There's a sticker from PDOS that will be placed in your passport. COA is not required to attend but based on my experience, attending to COA really worth a lot and it is free. The speaker is canadian with free handbooks as well as am and pm snacks.

steven2091965

May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
11/20/2009
Med's Request
1/24/2010
Med's Done....
2/04/2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
8/24/2010 Thanks God
LANDED..........
4mfamily said:
dear all,
can you please advise how lond did it take for a passport request after your medical check done ?
i am still awaiting further step after medical check, it has been 2.1/2 months.. but in what way was you notified by the
cic office for the passport request, by e-mail? by mail ?
was you asked to pay the resident fee before requesting the Passport, or at the same time?
according to the online status, it is " in process" , i don't know whether ottawa has received and reviewed our medical report or not.

thanks,
some is lucky they got the request for passport after 1 month and some are not so lucky that they got the request for passport after 5 months. It depends on the visa officer handling your case if when they will require you to pay the RPRF.