+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From oath to passport in <72 hours -- the culmination of an arduous journey of almost 2 years

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed them once, and it took them about a week to respond, but besides that I did not contact them. To be fair to me, there isn't a way to contact them - you can't get to a human on their number if you're calling from outside Canada. I tried numerous ways, including using my Google voice number, but it won't work.
What is the email address?

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I don't believe JT is going to call for snap elections anytime soon given the current state of affairs in the capital, and Jagmeet/NDP would rather have a Liberal minority govt. than a Conservative minority govt. (if that's even a possibility).
Besides, it will take the Conservative govt. at least a few months (maybe even a year or more) to push this change through the legislative machinery, they can't just snap their fingers and make the "intent to reside" clause appear.

All of this is just to say @dipantika should be fine :)
That's quite relieving haha.. thanks!!

afridi2482

Apr 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Request
24-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
September 2011
Hello All,
I need some quick help from you all experienced folks.
I am a Canadian citizen working in Seattle. My wife has PR card that expired last year and I applied for renewal 6 months before expiry but due to covid I got it after a year when her PR has already expired while she was still in US. They sent her new PR card to Harry Hays building in Calgary and asked her to pick it personally but she can’t since her PR card has already expired. Then She had oath ceremony and they didn’t let her attend it from US. They want her to come to Canada to attend. My question is
Will she be allowed with expired PR card and expired driver license at the border using private vehicle. She has a couple credit cards, has health card as well that doesn’t have expiry on it . Also has her landing papers and Offcourse the PR and oath letters . Please advise if anyone has been in a similar situation .
Thank you

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hello All,
I am a Canadian citizen working in Seattle. My wife has PR card that expired last year and I applied for renewal 6 months before expiry but due to covid I got it after a year when her PR has already expired while she was still in US. They sent her new PR card to Harry Hays building in Calgary and asked her to pick it personally but she can’t since her PR card has already expired. Then She had oath ceremony and they didn’t let her attend it from US. They want her to come to Canada to attend. My question is
Will she be allowed with expired PR card and expired driver license at the border using private vehicle. She has a couple credit cards, has health card as well that doesn’t have expiry on it . Also has her landing papers and Offcourse the PR and oath letters . Please advise if anyone has been in a similar situation .
Thank you
Simplest answer: she can try to get back in and see what happens.

Other answer: The expiry of her PR card does not mean the expiry of her PR, as long as she has met residence obligations. I think she ought to be able to get in as long as she can prove that. Otherwise apply for PRTD?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello All,
Thank you
She can travel via land using personal/rental car, not via bus/plane using copr+passport.
Cic is making sure she is retaining PR status before allowing oath to be taken. So try to get PR card in hand and then update cic requesting for new oath date.
While coming inside, possibly border official might verify on residence days. If you both live together then it wont be much problem.
When is oath? If oath is ahead then she can simply travel inside and collect PR card and take oath next day.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Hello All,
Thank you
Traveling with expired PR card is fine. No need of additional IDs. I travelled with expired PR myself multiple times with no issues watsoever. Last summer my PR expired and then received test invitation. Seeing the invitation I decided not to renew my PR thinking I can travel with new passport...but ended up traveling on expired PR as the oath invite came after a long gap.

Reactions: bellaluna

afridi2482

Apr 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Request
24-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
September 2011
Thank you all for the kind words .. I will update here on 26 when I cross..

illiterate_professor

Sep 1, 2021
Hello All,
Thank you
Enough people have already answered your question here, so I'm not going to say anything that hasn't been said already. Though I'll say I'm Exhibit A for this. I crossed the US-Canada border, with an expired PR card, expressly for the purpose of taking oath of citizenship. Of course, I met my residency obligations. As someone already pointed out, your border stop might be a bit longer than usual since the officers might want to check and see if you all your claims line up, but that's about it. They'll let you go. The only piece of advise I can possibly give you is this - be upfront and candid about the whole situation; you're well within your rights, so don't feel the need to pull a fast one or try and pull wool over the eyes of the border agent. Good luck!

Goes without saying, folks here would like to know how it went :)

afridi2482

Apr 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Request
24-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
September 2011
Thanks all.. so we crossed the border with expired PR card and no questions were asked at all. Literally took the agent 40 seconds to let us in

footyluv

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
@illiterate_professor
I'm also in a similar position as you. Working/living in EU and flying in to Canada for Oath.

While filling the passport application form , which address did you give in 'current home address' section?