+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

from - intra company work permit - to - FSW

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hi i am getting mixed response to my questions from different people, i would appreciate if experts can provide their comments.

I am currently working in Montreal on an intra company work permit. after reading a lot online, i came to know that i can apply for the FSW with AEO option without getting the job offer validation through HRSDC, this is because the work permit is an Intra Company work permit (Special Benefits Category).

Some people have told me that since i am in Montreal i can not apply for this category even though i fully qualify. I must apply for Quebec Skilled worker category. But I could not find this rule mentioned anywhere online in the CIC's website or other resources. Now, i am open to loving anywhere in Canada, not just Quebec.

Do you know any cases which were rejected because they applied FSW and they lived in Quebec? Or can you please point me to online resource which specifies that people living in Quebec can not file for FSW.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If the job is in Quebec then you cannot apply through FSW and must apply through the Quebec Skilled Worker program. Proof is on the main page of the CIC site that lists immigration options:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

- Skilled workers and professionals
For people who want to settle and work in Canada (outside of Quebec)

- Quebec-selected skilled workers
For people selected by the Quebec government to settle and work in Quebec