Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
ah, ok. I've read it from this website http://www.irs.gov/publications/p519/ch11.html.

thanks!

C

cchabert

Well definetly you learn something new everyday, I never hear of that and never read it in this forum, so I didn't do it, i stop working in Dec 2009, so no income in the US on 2010 and I file my 2009 Tax Return, I ask the company accountant and he said it's ok, maybe he didn't know about this link.
Not much I can do now, looks like you have to do this in person and before you leave. I'm wonder how many persons actually do it.

Thank you for the info and maybe you can create a quote in this forum.

Cheers

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
Thanks, cchabert! :)

ramosorevitno

Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2005
Doc's Request.
15-07-2005
AOR Received.
16-11-2005
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
20-02-2009, 12-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2010
LANDED..........
Hopefully this December...
cchabert said:
The only Atlanta Dr. is Dr Wolf and I don't remember exactly how much he charge, you may need to call him:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2040&ProvID=18996&ProvinceName=Georgia&CountryName=United%20States%20of%20America

When I called they gave me the appointment for 20 days later, but you can't make the appointment until you got your medical forms from CIC.

Good Luck!

Cheers

Hi,

First of sll, I want to congratulate you on your 6 months of life in Canada.

I have one uestion I am sure you can help.

My wife will be 6 months pregnant when we arrive there on Decemeber.

Are we covered immediately upon landing of the health services? Or we have to be in Calgary for about 153 days , just like in Ontario?
Can you please tell me if the pregnancy /prenatal/and delivery will be covered by the health services of Calgary?

I am very scared of what will happen to us if it is not covered.

Thanks in advance.

C

cchabert

Your're cover since day 1, even if you don;t have your insurance card, just show your landing papers, so don;t worry and welcome to Canada!

Peace!

ramosorevitno said:
Hi,

First of sll, I want to congratulate you on your 6 months of life in Canada.

I have one uestion I am sure you can help.

My wife will be 6 months pregnant when we arrive there on Decemeber.

Are we covered immediately upon landing of the health services? Or we have to be in Calgary for about 153 days , just like in Ontario?
Can you please tell me if the pregnancy /prenatal/and delivery will be covered by the health services of Calgary?

I am very scared of what will happen to us if it is not covered.

Thanks in advance.

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
cchabert said:
Well definetly you learn something new everyday, I never hear of that and never read it in this forum, so I didn't do it, i stop working in Dec 2009, so no income in the US on 2010 and I file my 2009 Tax Return, I ask the company accountant and he said it's ok, maybe he didn't know about this link.
Not much I can do now, looks like you have to do this in person and before you leave. I'm wonder how many persons actually do it.

Thank you for the info and maybe you can create a quote in this forum.

Cheers
Hi cchabert!
as many have already said...lot of useful info in your posts and I thank you for the time & effort that you are taking for posting these...

I have left US by the end of 2009, so that means, I dont have any income for 2010. I have already filed in 2010 for 2009's tax returns. I also didnt know anything about getting these permits before leaving. so, what happens now? how can I file my 2010's tax returns?
what happened to your filed tax return? did they accept it? did you get any refunds?

Also, you said, you recieve $260 for you daughter based on income..but how will they decide for new comers like us? we wont have any previous records, right?
Thanks!

ramosorevitno

Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2005
Doc's Request.
15-07-2005
AOR Received.
16-11-2005
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
20-02-2009, 12-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2010
LANDED..........
cchabert said:
Your're cover since day 1, even if you don;t have your insurance card, just show your landing papers, so don;t worry and welcome to Canada!

Peace!
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. So we'll just show our landing papers to the hospital/clinic, when somebody from us get sick?
Usually how long it takes to get the Health card?

Nice to know that we are covered, can you share where we can find this info? newsletter/website?

Thanks.

tran

May 10, 2009
ramosorevitno said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. So we'll just show our landing papers to the hospital/clinic, when somebody from us get sick?
Usually how long it takes to get the Health card?

Nice to know that we are covered, can you share where we can find this info? newsletter/website?

Thanks.

The Licensing Co (Calgary) Inc, Bow Valley Square IV, 283, 250, 6 Ave SW, Calgary (403) 299-2373

You are covered immediately when you landed in Calgary(no 3-month waiting period like in Ontario).
You need to bring along your passport, COPR, and proof of residence to the abovementioned address to apply
for your Alberta Health Card. For proof of residence, you need mail letter with your name and address
on it; even junk mail is acceptable. I asked Bank of Montreal to immediately mailed me a brochure after
I opened an account with them.

You will get your Alberta Health number on the same day. Your Alberta Health Card will be mailed to you
in about 10 days. When I visited my family doctor for the first time, the clinic did not ask for my ID. I just
filled a form with my personal particulars and Alberta Health number.

Below is a list of family physicians that accept new patients in Calgary:

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/doctor/CalgaryList.pdf

ramosorevitno

Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2005
Doc's Request.
15-07-2005
AOR Received.
16-11-2005
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
20-02-2009, 12-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2010
LANDED..........
tran said:
The Licensing Co (Calgary) Inc, Bow Valley Square IV, 283, 250, 6 Ave SW, Calgary (403) 299-2373

You are covered immediately when you landed in Calgary(no 3-month waiting period like in Ontario).
You need to bring along your passport, COPR, and proof of residence to the abovementioned address to apply
for your Alberta Health Card. For proof of residence, you need mail letter with your name and address
on it; even junk mail is acceptable. I asked Bank of Montreal to immediately mailed me a brochure after
I opened an account with them.

You will get your Alberta Health number on the same day. Your Alberta Health Card will be mailed to you
in about 10 days. When I visited my family doctor for the first time, the clinic did not ask for my ID. I just
filled a form with my personal particulars and Alberta Health number.

Below is a list of family physicians that accept new patients in Calgary:

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/doctor/CalgaryList.pdf

Thank you very much Tran.

This is a great help. At least I wll not mind the expenses.

Thanks also for the tips.

regards...

C

cchabert

procan said:
Hi cchabert!
as many have already said...lot of useful info in your posts and I thank you for the time & effort that you are taking for posting these...

I have left US by the end of 2009, so that means, I dont have any income for 2010. I have already filed in 2010 for 2009's tax returns. I also didnt know anything about getting these permits before leaving. so, what happens now? how can I file my 2010's tax returns?
what happened to your filed tax return? did they accept it? did you get any refunds?

Also, you said, you recieve $260 for you daughter based on income..but how will they decide for new comers like us? we wont have any previous records, right?
Thanks!
You'll file 2010 here in Canada, if you don;t have any more income in the US, I don't have it so as I have been told by the company accountant in the US I don;t need to do filing anymore as no income is in the US. When I got here my company mail me my 2009 W-2 and do the filing using Turbo Tax, then by direct deposit I got the refund in US bank (RBC) account that I still have. So for me the next year will be my first filing in Canada, for the US well to be honest I don;t know but I don;t really care as I don;t own anything to uncle sam, and as I said I don;t think everybody do the sailing thing with the IRS, see?

The Universal Child Tax Benefit and the one on your province is based in your wolrd income means that when your filling the form you put your income in the US from your tax return, no need to send that as a backup, and with that income they calculate the benefiti, this one change every year with your tax return.

Hope this helps!!

Peace !

procan

Star Member
Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2009
Nomination.....
17-11-2009 CIC App. Filed.: 12-03-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
Med's Request
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
cchabert said:
You'll file 2010 here in Canada, if you don;t have any more income in the US, I don't have it so as I have been told by the company accountant in the US I don;t need to do filing anymore as no income is in the US. When I got here my company mail me my 2009 W-2 and do the filing using Turbo Tax, then by direct deposit I got the refund in US bank (RBC) account that I still have. So for me the next year will be my first filing in Canada, for the US well to be honest I don;t know but I don;t really care as I don;t own anything to uncle sam, and as I said I don;t think everybody do the sailing thing with the IRS, see?

The Universal Child Tax Benefit and the one on your province is based in your wolrd income means that when your filling the form you put your income in the US from your tax return, no need to send that as a backup, and with that income they calculate the benefiti, this one change every year with your tax return.

Hope this helps!!

Peace !
Thanks for your reply!
I am planning to "cash out" my retirement plan money. Normally, when you do that, IRS penalizes as much as 45%. In my case, I left US at the end of 2009 and dont have any income for the year 2010. So, my income will be very less and I wont be penalized. This is what I guess. I dont know yet for sure.

Thanks for the info on Universal Child Tax Benefit!

Take care!

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
cchabert said:
So for me the next year will be my first filing in Canada, for the US well to be honest I don;t know but I don;t really care as I don;t own anything to uncle sam, and as I said I don;t think everybody do the sailing thing with the IRS, see?
Hi cchabert,

When I received your reply about this exit/sailing permit, I am having second thoughts about complying. Anyway, I will still file my 2010 tax return with the US IRS in April 2011 and pay whatever tax is due. I asked about it because I thought they will require the document upon exit :)

Thanks again!

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Today, I got mail from AINP.( I got PR under H1B AINP)

Dear xxxxxxx,

I am emailing from the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) to ask a few questions so we can update your contact information in our database. This updated contact information will be used for the AINP follow-up survey, which is an annual survey the AINP conducts with nominees who have landed and become permanent residents of Canada.

Our records show you landed in xxxx 2009. Congratulations on becoming a permanent resident!

Please respond to this email answering the following questions:

What is your current home address? Mailing address if different?
What is your current home phone?
What is your current email address?
Where are you currently working? Please pick from the following options: Working in Alberta; in another province in Canada; in the USA; in your Home Country; somewhere else; or are you unemployed?

If you are not currently in Alberta, are you planning to come to Alberta in the future?

Thank you,

Andrea
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

C

cchabert

2009? so I expect that email soon, nice, now they will check the numbers