ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
How do they know the mailing address? is it from the address given for the PR card?

cchabert said:
2009? so I expect that email soon, nice, now they will check the numbers

C

cchabert

ingegarcia said:
How do they know the mailing address? is it from the address given for the PR card?
INGEEEEEEEEE......Long time no see, they have our email address from the form that you or everybody else supose to Fax to the immigration officer in Edmonton as soon as you land.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi Carlos, Thanks for the answer!!!!
long time... No see? ... http://www.guidedogs.ca/index2.php

I vaguely remember that form... I think I added the correct email address... I guess it is just for statistical purposes to see how many people are really getting the PR and coming to Alberta.

cchabert said:
INGEEEEEEEEE......Long time no see, they have our email address from the form that you or everybody else supose to Fax to the immigration officer in Edmonton as soon as you land.

please disregard my comments if you find them offensive. They are meant for the person being quoted

C

cchabert

ingegarcia said:

I vaguely remember that form... I think I added the correct email address... I guess it is just for statistical purposes to see how many people are really getting the PR and coming to Alberta.

please disregard my comments if you find them offensive. They are meant for the person being quoted
Funny yor link...LOL!!!

Yes they want to see how many really land and start something in Alberta, and I think not that many, it could be bellow 50%, when they find out how many and compare with how much it cost in manpower they may never open this again.

But this is only my opinion and I (ofcourse) can be wrong.

Cheers!

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Absolutely right,
Our answer will decide whether to continue or not the H1B-AINP

ingegarcia said:

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
cchabert said:
Hi

What Form you are talking about..I didnot faxed any form after landing..Please let me know from where i will get this form to fax...Thanks

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi satyac....
when they mailed me the provincial nomination they also included a form that I should keep to inform them about updates of my case.. address, date of visa approve, date of landing, etc... every time something was updated then you could have faxed it to them...

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Hi satyac....
when they mailed me the provincial nomination they also included a form that I should keep to inform them about updates of my case.. address, date of visa approve, date of landing, etc... every time something was updated then you could have faxed it to them...
Hi
Oh That one..I guess i faxed that one...But curious,is this form is really very important...Say if somebody forgot about it,does this will cause serious issue..Thanks

C

cchabert

satyac said:
Hi
Oh That one..I guess i faxed that one...But curious,is this form is really very important...Say if somebody forgot about it,does this will cause serious issue..Thanks
We don;t know we'll find out one of these days with that poor soul who forgot to fax it. :)

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
My nomination was under NOC 2171.I did landing in april and came back to USA on same day.Thinking of going to canada after 6 months.I got my PR card.So because of there were many changes in ANIP,now they suspended ANIP ,do i need do any thing to keep my PR status in good condition.Do these changes will effect my PR status.....
Please let me know...Thaks

C

cchabert

satyac said:
My nomination was under NOC 2171.I did landing in april and came back to USA on same day.Thinking of going to canada after 6 months.I got my PR card.So because of there were many changes in ANIP,now they suspended ANIP ,do i need do any thing to keep my PR status in good condition.Do these changes will effect my PR status.....
Please let me know...Thaks
Nope your status is OK, but remember you need to live in Canada for 2 of 5 years or 3 of 5 years I'm not sure which one but if not you'll lose your PR

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Nope your status is OK, but remember you need to live in Canada for 2 of 5 years or 3 of 5 years I'm not sure which one but if not you'll lose your PR
To maintian the residency you need to be 2 out of 5 years. To get the citizenship you need to be in Canada for 3 out of any four years.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hey CCH,
You mentioned about new immigrants having the "right" to 1200 hrs of English classes. Are these offered for free or we need to pay for taking them?
It will helpful if you post a link where this is stated and what places I can take these classes.
Much Appreciate,
Karl

cchabert said:
By the way as a new immigrant you have the right to 1200 hrs of English classes so I'm actually going twice a week to the Bow Valley College for writing lessons, I'm the oldest in my class and I don't care.

C

cchabert

Here is the link Karl for Calgary I don't know the rest of the country.

Cheers!

http://www.immigrantservicescalgary.ca/how-can-we-help/english-language-information

Bethel7

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
Hello,
Thanks for your well loaded inspiring write up. Infact, I have learnt a lot of things from your note.
Thanks and extend our warm regards to your wife. We wish you joy beyond measure.
Congrats!!