+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From 44 degree C to 4 Degree C

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
accounts said:
CAL Girl: Calcutta Girl, California Girl or CAn Be Calgary Girl

You guys are not chatting on Yahoo or ICQ. Do not be personal on these fronts.. Only ask, suggest, help on Immigration Topics..
yes u r right brother

Actually i was just surprised with name
and nothing else
Thnx

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
belize said:
hi, how about funds to show on landing do they ask for funds in cash or what is the best option? how about grocery there?" expensive and you are in Toronto right? its hard to locate appartment for rent.
thanks.
We carried the whole amount is TC plus CAD 600 in cash. They only asked us how much money we have got and in what form. They never asked us to show it. We had to fill up this info in a form too.
Basic grocery is on the cheaper side. You just have to keep a tab on your shopping spree. Better not buy stuffs which are not absolutely necessary. We will be moving to Toronto tomorrow. We are in Markham now. It's really very hard to find apartments if one is new here and do not have any credit history. Then again, everybody finds some place so I won't say that's impossible(for example, we found a one bedroom pad). Try to build contacts through networking sites like orkut.com or facebook.com. People here are very friendly. So do not worry much.

B

belize

thankyou for your reply its really help pls pray for us so we can have passport request its been more then two months since medicals but no news.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Calgirl for your great and useful info... Keep it posted for us who are living with hope to join you there.....someday...
Cheers

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
vncviewer said:
Hello Sis,

Thanks ur valuable information.

When u do ur course how u manage ur children? did they stay in home or day care centre. I'm also female principal candidate. And have kids. thinking how i will manage ? how can i do job? so i thought my hubby will do work and i have to stay in home with kids. please share ur experiance how u r passing ur busy time. so that i can also make an plan.
Day care centers are available everywhere. Please contact a settlement agency once you come here. We have put our kids in day care center in subsidized rate. Our settlement agent has made all arrangements. There are number of ways so do not worry incase you want to work or study.

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Hi Calgirl,

I am from Delhi. As I have done CCNA and MCSE and have about 2 years of experience, will I get a job in Canada or will I have to undergo some course like you to get a job.

Ekta kotha bolo, how is life in Canada, shhoti ki khub difficult. Delhi life chere Canada settle korte parbo, please shotti kotha bolo.

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Thanks Didi for ur info. Dont know what will happen.

@yahoo india, i'm also thinking like u. BD life chere canadate settle hote parbo to. r beshi tension e asi baby take niye. or age 2 years. kivabe rekhe job korbo??? Cal didi doa koro jeno mone shahos pai.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
Yahoo India said:
Hi Calgirl,

I am from Delhi. As I have done CCNA and MCSE and have about 2 years of experience, will I get a job in Canada or will I have to undergo some course like you to get a job.

Ekta kotha bolo, how is life in Canada, shhoti ki khub difficult. Delhi life chere Canada settle korte parbo, please shotti kotha bolo.
Dekho...ami konodin Delhi te thakini. Pray 20 bochor aage shudhu ekbaar ghurte gechilam tai Delhi-r lifestyle jaani na. First, about your qualifications. Brother, I have more than 9 years of experience in systems/network administration. I have been a manager with IBM India for two years. I did my MCSE in the years of 2000. Still I'm undergoing this training. Why? Because I want to prepare myself for the Canadian job market. Please do not expect that employers are waiting for you to land here. You will need some canadian experience to get a fair job in this country. Do not expect that life will be a piece of cake here, atleast for the first couple of years. You will need to struggle, you will need to work hard. You have to be flexible enough to accept any job you get to start. In my case, I'll probably get a technician's job after finishing my training and I do not have any problem to accept it.
Every new thing in life needs it's own time to settle down. It's a new country, new culture, new people, new lifestyle. You will need some time to get accustomed, to be accepted here in everyway. You need to understand that and give yourself that time and put all your effort to accomplish it. You are thinking about jobs? Even getting a place to stay will be hard to find if you're new here. Everything in life will need some sort of effort in the beginning. But at the end of the day, everything is possible if you plan properly and put all your effort to achieve it.
Now it's your call.

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Didi, Good inspiration . Thanks a lot. good luck

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
vncviewer said:
Thanks Didi for ur info. Dont know what will happen.

@ yahoo india, i'm also thinking like u. BD life chere canadate settle hote parbo to. r beshi tension e asi baby take niye. or age 2 years. kivabe rekhe job korbo??? Cal didi doa koro jeno mone shahos pai.
Jodi job/study korte chao toh bachcha ke daycare center-e ditei hobe. It will be very hard for you and your baby for the first few days. You might feel like running back to your kid leaving everything behind. Everything seems to be very much meaningless when you walk away leaving your kid behind in the day care center and hearing him/her crying hard and calling you. It's my own experience...I'm a mother to two kids, my younger one is just 17 months old. But again, I know my kids are in safe hands. Also, this is the most common way for kids to become accustomed with the country, culture and language. So, do not worry, everything will be in shape after few days. Just be patient and well planned.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
qorax said:
Hi Ather,

Sorry to butt in here. That user name is perfectly fine. U r reading it the wrong way. The problem is in our thinking. She is from 'Calcutta' & a Female. Thus, the ID 'Cal' 'Girl'.

There r many females from California, who uses the same user ID over the net. Initially, I also thought that she was from California.

Else, she is a happily married lady with 2 small kids. Is a senior member of this forum. Has been contributing vehemently here & on Trackitt.com. And is a Career Woman, Manager in the IT profession. We have learnt a lot from her posts here.

Ride over it brother.

Qorax

Ps.: I chose to write the foregoing in good faith.
Visa processing kon stage-e aache? Ekhane job market aste aste bhalo hochche.

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Didi

Ami akhono Medical request paieee ne. Waiting for that. Tomar kotha gulo is very inspirational. Thanks a lot. Delhi te where someone is born and brought up, job is not easy, so how can we expect in a new country where nobody knows us. I will follow your guidelines and take a lot of help once I reach there. Ami Toronto jawar plan korchi as it has lots of job. Before doing CCNA and MCSE, I have experience of Medical transcription also. Tai bhabchi this or that, I can get some job. Ami tomar moton is ready to do any job to survive. After I settle, I will bring my family, what is ur opinion. You are also moving to Toronto. Please let me know what is the minimum rent and your monthly expenditure including all groceries, etc, etc.

Thanks a lot didi.

Maa Kali shob theek kore debe. Bhogoban chara kono gati nai.

Boljet

Star Member
Oct 27, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgirl,
You ahve been so helpful both in my PM to you and on the forum. As Qorax said you have being doing well.

1. Kindly let me know the system of their day care i.e the way it is run.
2.The cost of keeping a child there.
3.What is the youngest age the day care will take.
4.What is their school (Primary)resumption and closing time.
5.What is their day care resumption and closing time

Boljet

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
Boljet said:
Calgirl,
You ahve been so helpful both in my PM to you and on the forum. As Qorax said you have being doing well.

1. Kindly let me know the system of their day care i.e the way it is run.
2.The cost of keeping a child there.
3.What is the youngest age the day care will take.
4.What is their school (Primary)resumption and closing time.
5.What is their day care resumption and closing time

Boljet
I have already replied you.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
Yahoo India said:
Didi

Ami akhono Medical request paieee ne. Waiting for that. Tomar kotha gulo is very inspirational. Thanks a lot. Delhi te where someone is born and brought up, job is not easy, so how can we expect in a new country where nobody knows us. I will follow your guidelines and take a lot of help once I reach there. Ami Toronto jawar plan korchi as it has lots of job. Before doing CCNA and MCSE, I have experience of Medical transcription also. Tai bhabchi this or that, I can get some job. Ami tomar moton is ready to do any job to survive. After I settle, I will bring my family, what is ur opinion. You are also moving to Toronto. Please let me know what is the minimum rent and your monthly expenditure including all groceries, etc, etc.

Thanks a lot didi.

Maa Kali shob theek kore debe. Bhogoban chara kono gati nai.
You are to decide if you'll bring your family later, but if you have kids then better you bring your family after you rent a proper place to stay. We have rented a one bedroom apartment for approx $800 and heat+hydro+cable for first three months included. Expenditure for groceries are reasonable in shops like Food Basic, Chinese Super Markets etc. Bottom line is, think over and over before spending even a cent and find out if you really need the service/good you're paying for. Buy only absolutely necessary staffs.