+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Friend got married mum proceeding with case .

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hello guys please help my friend case he and his mom both flew from their home country because of threat my friend got married he got his pr without hearing through spouse family sponsor he got his passport back as well but his mom case still proceeding now the problem in their story main applicant was son he is the one who went through all the torture mum was also suffering from abuse and threat so both flew away and come Canada all the evidence they had mainly against son now he is out of story because he already got his pr. Don’t know how mum justify her hearing Along she is old stress and sick she hardly can speak anything 62 years old what do u think his mom chances please help .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys please help my friend case he and his mom both flew from their home country because of threat my friend got married he got his pr without hearing through spouse family sponsor he got his passport back as well but his mom case still proceeding now the problem in their story main applicant was son he is the one who went through all the torture mum was also suffering from abuse and threat so both flew away and come Canada all the evidence they had mainly against son now he is out of story because he already got his pr. Don’t know how mum justify her hearing Along she is old stress and sick she hardly can speak anything 62 years old what do u think his mom chances please help .
Are they working with an immigration lawyer? That would be the best option if they are unsure how to justify the case at the hearing. It's extremely important that they present a strong case for the mother.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Are they working with an immigration lawyer? That would be the best option if they are unsure how to justify the case at the hearing. It's extremely important that they present a strong case for the mother.
my friend dad not in this world he has no brother mum got two daughters but they both married their husband she can’t go stay with them so only option she has her son because son is pr and his wife citizen so she has strong ties here than home country what do you think her chances ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
my friend dad not in this world he has no brother mum got two daughters but they both married their husband she can’t go stay with them so only option she has her son because son is pr and his wife citizen so she has strong ties here than home country what do you think her chances ?
Your friend's mum need to work with the lawyer...

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This argument isn't a basis for a successful refugee claim. She needs to prove persecution in her home country for a refugee claim. Please hire an immigration lawyer.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Unless your friend was a minor/depednent of his mom, their cliam of refugee were 2 seperate cases? Best to work with an immigration lawyer as suggested.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Unless your friend was a minor/depednent of his mom, their cliam of refugee were 2 seperate cases? Best to work with an immigration lawyer as suggested.
My friend already got his pr because before hearing he got married and his pr card he got his passport back also but in their story he was the one who went through all the torture back home mom get threat but he was main applicant now his mom problem is she is in stress after her husband death she can’t talk much she can’t explain herself she is 62 years old but mentally she is 80 very weak .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My friend already got his pr because before hearing he got married and his pr card he got his passport back also but in their story he was the one who went through all the torture back home mom get threat but he was main applicant now his mom problem is she is in stress after her husband death she can’t talk much she can’t explain herself she is 62 years old but mentally she is 80 very weak .
Again, your friend needs to consult a lawyer.... In my opinion, mum only option is humanitarian and compassionate ground. your friend knew of plan A-Z when he withdrew his claim as main applicant...He needs to lawyer up

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
My friend withdraw his claim he got is pr card and also passport as well .
I haven't encountered someone with this situation before but my understanding is that your friend will have to attend his mom's hearing and clarify the situation. Because his withdrawal reason is different than those who withdraw their claim and go back to their country. It makes sense to the member that he still has those risks on him and his mother back in their home country and nothing changes this fact, so I strongly believe everything will be fine as long as he would be there to explain his reason for withdrawal. Besides, his mother is still in danger if she goes back as long as she can prove it, it doesn't matter his son has PR or not.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
I haven't encountered someone with this situation before but my understanding is that your friend will have to attend his mom's hearing and clarify the situation. Because his withdrawal reason is different than those who withdraw their claim and go back to their country. It makes sense to the member that he still has those risks on him and his mother back in their home country and nothing changes this fact, so I strongly believe everything will be fine as long as he would be there to explain his reason for withdrawal. Besides, his mother is still in danger if she goes back as long as she can prove it, it doesn't matter his son has PR or not.
But before my friend and his mother name together because they applied together but he got married he withdraw his case but his mom case still proceeding he can’t do anything or talk behalf of his mother because in hearing letter clearly suggest only applicant is her mother he got nothing to do with this hearing because he withdraw long time back .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If the son isn’t part of the asylum claim he will not be part of the hearing. It will be up to the mother and a translator if required to explain why her life is in danger in her home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But before my friend and his mother name together because they applied together but he got married he withdraw his case but his mom case still proceeding he can’t do anything or talk behalf of his mother because in hearing letter clearly suggest only applicant is her mother he got nothing to do with this hearing because he withdraw long time back .
The mother and a translator, if necessary, will have to explain why her life is in danger if she returns to her home country. The son is not part of the claim so will not be able to explain the situation. If they declared that it was the son who was really in danger in their original asylum claim that will be problematic for the mother. She needs to be working with her lawyer about her specific asylum claim but cultural reasons, like usually living with elder son, are not a reason to receive asylum.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
The mother and a translator, if necessary, will have to explain why her life is in danger if she returns to her home country. The son is not part of the claim so will not be able to explain the situation. If they declared that it was the son who was really in danger in their original asylum claim that will be problematic for the mother. She needs to be working with her lawyer about her specific asylum claim but cultural reasons, like usually living with elder son, are not a reason to receive asylum.
[/QUOTE you right my friend withdraw his claim he got pr through family sponsor he got his passport also back but he said his mother and him they both were torture mother got life threatened and verbally abused but because son is young he was mein victim in the story cos they have beaten son but not mother but she was in danger too this is why they both flew away and come here but problem here his mother very simple and shy person because of stress she had she can’t even talk normally how she can talk in front of judge because she is very full of fear person because of threats she lost confidence.