+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellevue18 said:
Thanks a lot Qorax for your clarification. Sorry for not spotting the earlier posting.
1 other question - what if we bought a new item like an IPad 2 or a new laptop after I have done my first landing, while back in my home country, but the new item was not listed in the GTF list? How do I declare the new item when I next enter Canada?
Thanks again
B
You don't add the new items in the original B4. When you bring the new goods to Canada, make sure you declare the costs of the items in the form you received in the plane.

Depending how long you been absence, you would have a personal exemption. If the costs of the items you bringing worth more than the exemption, you may have to pay full duties on all goods you bring in.

RAAN

Jan 17, 2011
Hi Qorax

Thank you for the detailed info.

I have a question. Apart from the B4 Form, do we have to make a separate excel sheet listing all the goods? I understand you have to attach this excel sheet to the B4 Form, is it right?

Thanks for your advise.

MrH1B4Canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Toledo, OH
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
No, 7 bands
File Transfer...
Buffalo
Med's Request
June 10, 2011
Med's Done....
YES June 25, 2011 , MED.ReCVD July 12, 2011
Interview........
GoodBye
Passport Req..
Sept-22-2011
VISA ISSUED...
yes, dec 01, 2011 but recieved pp on dec 21, 2011
LANDED..........
planed just for landing procedure
Hi Qorax,
My medical is done, all additional docs request sent (all PCC's, POF update).

I have my own car (no loan or lease now).

Question 1: I will plan to complere my landing process only, so I can mentioned in B4 form that I will import my car later?

Que: 2 : for PR card I want to mentioned my USA address to recieve PR card, is it possible to mentioned USA address in landing time for PR card? OR we must have to mentioned Canada address?

Because I have nice salary here in the USA. I believe that in Canada I will not get this much money what I am getting here, so I just want to stay atleast my H1B period (1year 7months more to expiere H1B after geting PR visa I will not renew this H1B).
my future residence will be Canada after getting my VISA. thats why I plan to just go and complete our landing formalities and get PR cards.

bellevue18

Jul 17, 2009
steaky said:
You don't add the new items in the original B4. When you bring the new goods to Canada, make sure you declare the costs of the items in the form you received in the plane.

Depending how long you been absence, you would have a personal exemption. If the costs of the items you bringing worth more than the exemption, you may have to pay full duties on all goods you bring in.
Hi Steaky
Many thanks for your response. Will take note.
Rgds
B

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If we plan to sell some property later, should we include the money expected from the deal, in the list?

MrH1B4Canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Toledo, OH
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
No, 7 bands
File Transfer...
Buffalo
Med's Request
June 10, 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
GoodBye
Passport Req..
Sept-22-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MrH1B4Canada said:
Hi Qorax,

Question 1: I will plan to complere my landing process only, so I can mentioned in B4 form that I will import my car later?

Que: 2 : for PR card I want to mentioned my USA address to recieve PR card, is it possible to mentioned USA address in landing time for PR card? OR we must have to mentioned Canada address?

Because I have nice salary here in the USA. I believe that in Canada I will not get this much money what I am getting here, so I just want to stay atleast my H1B period (1year 7months more to expiere H1B after geting PR visa I will not renew this H1B).
my future residence will be Canada after getting my VISA. thats why I plan to just go and complete our landing formalities and get PR cards.
qorax please reply when your free.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khebra said:
Dear Qorax,
For Jewellry photos , i know that it will be coloured when on A4 or Photos paper, my question how about the second copy , should it be colored also or just photo copy ( black & White )?
They should be two [2] 'identical' colored copies.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
RAAN said:
Hi Qorax

Thank you for the detailed info.

I have a question. Apart from the B4 Form, do we have to make a separate excel sheet listing all the goods? I understand you have to attach this excel sheet to the B4 Form, is it right?

Thanks for your advise.
If u could 'list' all your goods in the 'main' form B4 -- u don't require those excel sheets... but can u?

Eg.:
I had quite a few electronic eqpt. like, Camcorders [qty-6 [HD & SD both], Digicams [qty-3], Laptops [qty-4, all Macbooks], Phones [qty-5, incl iPhones], TV [didn't bring it yet!], Home Theatre System, Music System, Xbox, PS3, DSiXL [qty-2], Digi-Photo Frames [qty-3], CCTV Door Lock system, Exquisite Lamps etc. And all of them requires a 'value' & its 'Sl. Nos.'. Similarly I also had very many home decorations/Murals/Heirlooms...

So what I did:
I listed 'one' row stating electronic eqpt. and placed an X value... then had a separate excel sheet with all the names of the items & their Sl. Nos, color, make etc. And each was priced. The end resultant value of that sheet[say 'A'] was only mentioned in the main B4. Ditto for the other items.

Hope that cleared.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MrH1B4Canada said:
Hi Qorax,

1. Yes, u can list that vehicle in the GTF list.
2. No, u cannot provide an 'overseas' address... PR cards r processed for inland residents "only".

Qorax

MrH1B4Canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Toledo, OH
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
No, 7 bands
File Transfer...
Buffalo
Med's Request
June 10, 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
GoodBye
Passport Req..
Sept-22-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
1. Yes, u can list that vehicle in the GTF list.
2. No, u cannot provide an 'overseas' address... PR cards r processed for inland residents "only".

Qorax
Got it, but what is the GTF list. My is Audi Q7 Edition.

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
qorax said:
If u could 'list' all your goods in the 'main' form B4 -- u don't require those excel sheets... but can u?

Eg.:
I had quite a few electronic eqpt. like, Camcorders [qty-6 [HD & SD both], Digicams [qty-3], Laptops [qty-4, all Macbooks], Phones [qty-5, incl iPhones], TV [didn't bring it yet!], Home Theatre System, Music System, Xbox, PS3, DSiXL [qty-2], Digi-Photo Frames [qty-3], CCTV Door Lock system, Exquisite Lamps etc. And all of them requires a 'value' & its 'Sl. Nos.'. Similarly I also had very many home decorations/Murals/Heirlooms...

So what I did:
I listed 'one' row stating electronic eqpt. and placed an X value... then had a separate excel sheet with all the names of the items & their Sl. Nos, color, make etc. And each was priced. The end resultant value of that sheet[say 'A'] was only mentioned in the main B4. Ditto for the other items.

Hope that cleared.

Qorax

that is what I also did in my B4A & excel sheets... all my goods resulted in 4 pages. So all the 4 pages goods are tax free.... even to follow a yr after my landing?!?

thanks!

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
MrH1B4Canada said:
Got it, but what is the GTF list. My is Audi Q7 Edition.
GTF= Goods To Follow list

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Qorax,

I ( PA) am planning to land alone first. Then my wife will join after couple of months.

I want to make sure that B4 form is for one time (When i land ) ? Or my wife also need to fill it when she land ?

Most important thing i want to know is about Good to follow form ?

As i am not going to carry any Gold made jewellery, She will carry all that.

Is it like if i B4 is onetime formality then when she land with other stuffs , Do we need to pay any tax on it ?

Please clear me on it.

Regards
Mayank

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mayankpandya said:
Dear Qorax,

I ( PA) am planning to land alone first. Then my wife will join after couple of months.

I want to make sure that B4 form is for one time (When i land ) ? Or my wife also need to fill it when she land ?

Most important thing i want to know is about Good to follow form ?

As i am not going to carry any Gold made jewellery, She will carry all that.

Is it like if i B4 is onetime formality then when she land with other stuffs , Do we need to pay any tax on it ?

Please clear me on it.

Regards
Mayank
As long as u have a 'stamped' B4 [GTF list] on your 'landing' [1st entry to Canada] -- u could bring-in those 'listed' items as long as u want, in any form of transportation u want, with anyone u want, in parts if it suits u or in bundles -- all & everytime it won't be taxed.

Qorax