+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Hi All

Need your quick support as I am wrapping things up and will fly on Nov 28. Among all other things I have a category on Form B4 that I mentioned "Dry food and medicine". The head includes Coffee, tea bag, horlicks, pain killer and other medicine related to prevent cough (very minimum).

Is there any problem with the head and items?

Thanks
SHSajib

Greaseh

Nov 27, 2015
Hi guys,

Firstly, thanks for the detailed guide and comments!

I'm currently waiting to receive my PR via family class and hope to "land" when we visit Vancouver over the holidays. I've read through the thread and have a few questions.

1) My sponser (common law partner) and son are Canadian Citizens (she was born in Canada and moved to the UK at age 18 where we met), does the goods accompanying and goods to follow list need to include their property? I understand the goods to follow will be our family property and will all need to be listed, however what about goods accompanying if they are within their bags/on their person as I am the only person "landing" when we visit.

2) As we are only visting over the holidays I intent to "land" then travel back in early 2016 before beginning our emigration plans for mid 2016, what happens with any goods accompanying that I take home, I read elsewhere that I need to declare these when we leave? Is this the case? I also have a work issued phone and laptop that will come with me to Canada and subsequently leave, but not return when we emigrate for good, would this be the same?

Any advice you've got would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Greaseh

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
Hi All,

I'm traveling to Canada to complete my "Landing" in a couple of weeks time. I'm my POE for Landing is going to be Toronto Airport. I'm a NS-PNP so post Landing I will fly to my Destination - Halifax. My wife is the Primary and she has already done her "Landing" at the CIC Halifax Office. I'm the Secondary and I'm traveling to merely complete the "Landing" formalities. I will be staying in Halifax for 2 weeks and then return to India.

I will be carrying very less items on me (My office Laptop + 15Kg checkin baggage). I'm going to carry some medicines for my wife and few other small cosmetics items for her. I will not be traveling with any jewelry apart from the silver ring which I wear on my finger.

I will never ship any goods through a International Relocations Company from India to Canada in the future. At the max going forward each time we travel from India to Canada my wife might carry some clothes and jewelry in luggage and on herself.

Do I still need to fill out the form B4 & B4A?

Any answers will be appreciated.

vishaalDal

May 24, 2014
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 December 2014, CC Charged on 5th of Feb 2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER mail on 2nd March 2015
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
IELTS Request
sent with file
Med's Request
14 May 2015, RPRF received awaiting Meds
Med's Done....
19 May 2015 TLU Updated on 05th June 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
sometime in Feb 2016
Do we need to take pictures of Junk or artificial jewelry.

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hello to all! This information has been very useful.

I have two question. I would aprreciate your help.

1. Me and my partner will carry more than CA 10,000 between the two. I will carry around CA 7,000 and he around CA 10,000.

The thing is that I want to know if me, as the principal applicant have to declare for the both of us? or do we have to declare the cash individually?. We will carry the cash on separate bank drafts.

2. I am processing taking out money from my pension account, but this money will be available after we land, maybe one or two months later. Do I have to declare this money as goods to follow in the B4 form? or how?

Please help me!.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SHSajib said:
Hi seniors

Just few questions on filling out B4 form:

1. What address should I write at "importer address"? My residence's address in Bangladesh or the address where I am going to stay in Canada?
2. Under the head "country of origin" and "country of export", I think I should write Bangladesh. Am I right?
3. On the below of page 1, I am planning to write "signed at____________on___________" and the "signature of the importer" when I will be landing. Is there any problem if I write those by hand as I will type all the other section by computer?

Requesting your reply.
SHSajib

cecapp14

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Hi,

I am going to land this Saturday with my wife and we will remain in Canada for just one week. We will not be back before 1 year.
Do we need to prepare the list of goods now? What we will take in for this week, we will take out. How can I specify that the same items will be with me the next time I will enter?

I read somewhere that we may not qualify as settlers, hence we do not need the list. Is that true?

What about the Importer's address? I will be at my friends place for this week. Should I list their address?

I am now panicking as I didn't think about the list until today ???
Thanks

Timroo

Nov 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015
Hi all,

I am moving to Canada from Kenya and have goods which will follow me later however I am going via India. Now I have bulk of goods I would like to follow me from India as well. Can I put two countries names in the Country of Origin and Country of Export fields in form B4.

Thanks

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please tell me if I can carry Goods To Follow jewelry without photographs? I can make a list with a fairly accurate value.

I've some of my jewelry in lockers and have no chance to take them out for photos before I leave for Canada.

Please help!!

katia23

Mar 20, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-15
Doc's Request.
08-10 -15
AOR Received.
22-06-15
File Transfer...
10-06-15
Med's Done....
31-01-15
Passport Req..
13-01-16
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-16
LANDED..........
29-01-16
Hi

I have seen two different forms on line for B4 form which one should I use?

1. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf
2. http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Thanks

doc2015

Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Photos:10-03-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
sabret00the said:
Hi All,

I'm traveling to Canada to complete my "Landing" in a couple of weeks time. I'm my POE for Landing is going to be Toronto Airport. I'm a NS-PNP so post Landing I will fly to my Destination - Halifax. My wife is the Primary and she has already done her "Landing" at the CIC Halifax Office. I'm the Secondary and I'm traveling to merely complete the "Landing" formalities. I will be staying in Halifax for 2 weeks and then return to India.

I will be carrying very less items on me (My office Laptop + 15Kg checkin baggage). I'm going to carry some medicines for my wife and few other small cosmetics items for her. I will not be traveling with any jewelry apart from the silver ring which I wear on my finger.

I will never ship any goods through a International Relocations Company from India to Canada in the future. At the max going forward each time we travel from India to Canada my wife might carry some clothes and jewelry in luggage and on herself.

Do I still need to fill out the form B4 & B4A?

Any answers will be appreciated.
Yes dear,
You have to fill the B4 and B4a
Even if you are not carrying anything.

For B4 - you can mention the stuff you are carrying.
For B4a - you can also state Nil (No goods to follow).. it can also be mentioned on the B4..

Regards
Doc2015

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
doc2015 said:
Yes dear,
You have to fill the B4 and B4a
Even if you are not carrying anything.

For B4 - you can mention the stuff you are carrying.
For B4a - you can also state Nil (No goods to follow).. it can also be mentioned on the B4..

Regards
Doc2015

Hello Doc2015, you seem to be the only one giving some answers and I really need help with this doubt.

I will be landing with my common law partner in Vancouver next month. We will carry around CA 20,000 between the two but in different bank checks. My question is, do we have to declare individually (one b4 form each) or together (only one b4 for the two of us)?

We are not planning to list goods to follow

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Hello,

So I screwed up when landing, didn't get the B4 sorted, was just in too much of a rush to get to the border, so yes, I am an idiot.

Either way, it's done now and I have been landed for almost three years. My mum is selling her house and moving elsewhere so it's time for me to make a decision about what I am going to do with all my belongings. There is nothing of any value to anyone except me, no furniture, no jewelry, nothing like that. Just some personal stuff like letters, documents, photos and things, some nerdy figures and ornaments, books, some CDs and DVDs and some other things I can't really remember right now. How screwed am I? :) Will they care too much about this kind of stuff? It'll probably cost me more to have it shipped than it's actually worth, but it's things I want to keep. None of it is new and certainly nothing has been purchased in the last 7 years.

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
HI Qorax and others

kindly guide me one below points

where is the Newcomer box in form B4? i am going first time for landing so where to Tick among settler,former resident,seasonal resident or beneficiary?

Is the same form is used for goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List ?

what is the use of Form B4a?

where to put Car in goods to follow list (which category) ?

is food items or groceries allowed in any of list?

Thanks in advance

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
HI Qorax and others

kindly guide me one below points

where is the Newcomer box in form B4? i am going first time for landing so where to Tick among settler,former resident,seasonal resident or beneficiary?

Is the same form is used for goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List ?

what is the use of Form B4a?

where to put Car in goods to follow list (which category) ?

is food items or groceries allowed in any of list?

Thanks in advance