+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

Sweetsmile

Sep 17, 2012
Hi friends,

Thanks for all the senior members of this valuable forum ....
I searched a lot online to find any reliable sea/air cargo services from Karachi to Toronto,but didn't find any...so if anyone could guide me
with this information to me soon,would really appreciate ...
Thanks for your time and efforts.
Waiting for prompt guidance.......

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
Please tell me about list of things to caryy do we need to also mention our mobile phone and the jewelry we r using or my wife is weRing

forrent

Aug 16, 2010
qorax said:
1. The B4 is for listing goods - not funds.
2. U can bring-in as much amount* as u desire after landing -till time infinite, no problem.

*There's no duties/levies/taxes. But, it'll be automatically reflected to Fintrac by the banks - whether wired, cash/draft deposited. End of the yr, when u file-in your Tax Returns - u'd need to report the funds as overseas income. And the interest component it earned @ bank is taxable for Capital Gains.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,

First, many thanks for posting much-needed useful info. "Qorax indexed" has become our daily read as my wife and I make efforts to move to Canada. By grace of God we have our PR visas and are planning to move to Vancouver (I know, not recommended but...) around the end of next month.

We have some qs relating to finance / taxes and hope you can help us here. We are just looking for off-hand advice and know that we should consul a Tax Professional, so won't hold yourself (or anyone else here) for replying with useful info.

- Can we leave some funds in our banks here in India. i.e., continue our savings bank a/c here and transfer the funds, say yearly, later on? Of course we would be bringing some funds to Canada upon landing.
- We have real property in India that is earning some rent that we don't want to sell now, but may sell 8-9 years down the road. Is it ok to do so? How / what would we have to declare when filing taxes?
- From your above post "u'd need to report the funds as overseas income". To understand correctly, any money brought into Canada upon landing is considered "overseas income" and is taxed at the end of the year as "income"?
- Can our parents give us monies later on in India and can we transfer the same to Canada? Would this attract any taxes in Canada?

Again, just looking for off-hand advice. Any help greatly appreciated.

Rafin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
October 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 2013
VISA ISSUED...
February 2013
LANDED..........
Landed on May 2013
Dear Quorax

I am flying on 18th May this year to Ottawa, My wife has already packed all the ornaments (not gold, only imitations) in small plastic pots. I didn't take picture of those imitations but we are planning to take our gold ornaments in near future and that's why I took picture of that jeweleries. Now my question is should we must have to take pictures of those imitations while listing those in form b4 ? or imitation ornaments (as they are very less valued) are not mandatory for taking pictures.

tocanadame

May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2010
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
13/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/01/2013
LANDED..........
Not yet
I have two questions please

1. Does B4 act like Accompanying list and as goods to follow list ? so i need to make like 4 copies , 2 each ?

2. why do i need to fill an accompanying list , i will be landing for short period of time around 2 weeks , and i will just have my personal belongings such as my cell phone, camera , laptop and so does my wife , do i need to fill in an accompanying list ?

Thanks

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Dear Qorax & Seniors,

In June, i'm plannig to pay my second visit to Canada and thus would be carrying my B4A form (in original) with me.
Now my question is :

1). I had mentioned many things in my B4A, only half of those things/items i am actually going to bring with me in this second visit of mine. Is this ok.

2). In this second visit, if we have any jewellery, do we need to follow the same procedure as we did in the first round, or as it's value mentioned in the B4A form, we dont need to be that much strict on it. Kindly advise.

3). Lastly and very important, on our first visit at the sirport, the procedure steps were as follows (1).Passport Control (b).Immigration (c). Baggage and then (d). Customs
So in this second visit, would the steps remian the same. I dont see any need to revisit "Immigration" step again. And most importantly, as we now have the PR card with us, should be directly show to the officer and skip the Customs area and come out OR do we still need to properly go to the Customs area and show our bagagge and the B4A form of last visit.

Kindly advise

Thanks in advance !!

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello

I have question regarding B4 forms, if we are going to take vessels, clothes, accessories, foods do we have to declare in B4 forms? actually i dont know which thing to mention in B4 Form, so guys pls suggest me in details and if they have saved in there email id then pls send me in nimish_21@yahoo.in

AND

Who have already land in Toronto can any one tell me where to stay and which place will be easy to get House, apartment, Condos in rent. There is no relative no friend of mine so it will be quiet difficult for me.

NEED HELP

tocanadame

May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2010
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
13/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/01/2013
LANDED..........
Not yet
Any feedback yet ?

tocanadame said:
I have two questions please

1. Does B4 act like Accompanying list and as goods to follow list ? so i need to make like 4 copies , 2 each ?

2. why do i need to fill an accompanying list , i will be landing for short period of time around 2 weeks , and i will just have my personal belongings such as my cell phone, camera , laptop and so does my wife , do i need to fill in an accompanying list ?

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tocanadame said:
Any feedback yet ?
1) B4 is the combination of accompany list and goods to follow list. Therefore, make 2 copies.
2) You might not have to fill out the accompanying list if you are only carrying those items.

respectall

Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 09, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009/ Submitted Apr 09, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 2010
Med's Request
Jul 22, 2012
Med's Done....
Jul 30, 2012
Passport Req..
Step-1 Nov 20, 2012/ Step-2: Jan 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2013

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
an74 said:
Please tell me about list of things to caryy do we need to also mention our mobile phone and the jewelry we r using or my wife is weRing
My question is also same? Seniors please describe

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Hi all,

If someone can please help.
My wife will soon be arriving from europe. She has alot of stuff including artifical jewelry.

Do we need to take pictures of the artificial jewelry also or just the gold???

As for the electronics and clothing. Any pictures required?

Anyone have suggestions for cheap shipping from norway?

Thanks

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Pls share who has filled B4 form in detailed and goods to follow list

We have so many stuffs to bring, do we need to write each and everything or summarize it ?

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....