+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
This is the link I have been given by CIC regarding the personal goods forms:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186a.pdf

The form is different to the other ones I have seen circulating on this forum, maybe it's newer.

I will group clothing items on one line and combine their total value.

Regards

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear seniors,

1) If I have a cash amount from the inherited property ( which I will bring later ) then what should I write on the Goods to follow list ? I mean do they ask for any proof or something for it ? Because I dont have any such proof ...

2) I am planning to do a short landing for 2-3 months. So is there any harm in opening a bank account ? Because many ppl are saying that I should not open a bank account, if I am planning to do a short landing .. Why is it so ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplezone said:
Dear seniors,

1) If I have a cash amount from the inherited property ( which I will bring later ) then what should I write on the Goods to follow list ? I mean do they ask for any proof or something for it ? Because I dont have any such proof ...

2) I am planning to do a short landing for 2-3 months. So is there any harm in opening a bank account ? Because many ppl are saying that I should not open a bank account, if I am planning to do a short landing .. Why is it so ?
1) No, no need to prove money in the goods follow list
2) No idea. You would have to ask those ppl

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
So, what if I bring 200k or 300k $CAD later , may be ... from my inherited property , how should I declare this now ? Later if I bring this much amount , won't they ask or put a tax on it ? I mean let me know my options ... since, as of now I have to do my initial landing therefore, I guess I might have a chance to declare now ...

steaky said:
1) No, no need to prove money in the goods follow list
2) No idea. You would have to ask those ppl

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplezone said:
So, what if I bring 200k or 300k $CAD later , may be ... from my inherited property , how should I declare this now ? Later if I bring this much amount , won't they ask or put a tax on it ? I mean let me know my options ... since, as of now I have to do my initial landing therefore, I guess I might have a chance to declare now ...
Still at landing, you don't need to declare the inherited money now until you actually bring in the money.

If you bring funds in cash or demand draft, then declare them in the customs form you receive in the plane. If you pass through a land border, tell the customs officer. There are no tax. However, if you fail to declare them and the customs found out, the funds will be seized.

But if you wire the money to your Canadian bank account, then you don't need to declare it. However, you might need to report the inheritance money in the T1135 form of your tax return.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Can anyone confirm if the link I posted is the correct one for declaring items when landing? Page 59 is where my post is

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
Thank to all very usefull informative forum, really dont need to ask anything all has been addressed.

yesh007p

Star Member
May 21, 2014
1) What does the B4 form exactly do ?

Please do help as I have received my Visa a week back.... I am confused and have lot of questions.
Thanking Seniors group members please do reply

yesh007p

Star Member
May 21, 2014
How is the B4 form to be filled?? would I could get a sample of B4 form to be filled in which way is ti done.

Thanking Seniors and members please do help me out..

paolo1967

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 19 2015
AOR Received.
June 4 2015
Med's Request
Aug 19 2015
Med's Done....
Sept 10 2015
Passport Req..
April 26 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 23,2016
LANDED..........
July 2 2016
Hi yesh007p

go to the first post in this Forum; http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello house,

Would someone be kind enough to share the excel sheet (after removing the values obviously) which you prepared while preparing the B4 and B4A form? It will help me save a lot of time on preparing a new one! Let me know if you can, and I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks in advance, Cheers!

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
what about wedding ring? we bought our wedding ring in Canada, do I neede to include them in my B4? also my computer bought it from Canada too.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
E landed in St. John's for a day. Immigration forms were completed and they did not want to see our goods forms and said that this was only needed once we were looking to:

1 - stay in Canada for good
2 - even though we were only in Canada for the day if any items we had with us at the time were To spreading in Canada then they would have looked at them

So not needed. Also we weren't asked for our proof of funds either. All good. Good luck all

PR1988

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,
Need the following clarification:
1) what to fill in additional list of goods column? Movers inventory or other? (I have prepared detailed excel sheets)
2) For goods to follow column.....I should put yes in the Goods to follow list? And leave it blank or No in the goods accompanied list?