N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
DGT said:
Just want to give you people a little hope.

I got an email from the London office yesterday, informing me that my COPR has been issued. So there is some work going on, somewhere.

I hope that means that in offices all over the world, there are a few people still ploughing away!
I think the people most affected by the job action will be those who have applied in the last 6 months.

VB20

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 13
File Transfer...
April 09
Med's Done....
Feb 18
Passport Req..
May 06
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sep 06
Hi Guys,

not sure if you all are aware of this.. Please express your vote here on canadian immigration process time and strike..

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/canadian-and-immigration-canada-process-family-class-permanent-residency-applications-in-a-timely-manner

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
VB20 said:
Hi Guys,

not sure if you all are aware of this.. Please express your vote here on canadian immigration process time and strike..

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/canadian-and-immigration-canada-process-family-class-permanent-residency-applications-in-a-timely-manner
Just so people are aware of what they are signing should they choose to...

I confirmed with the creator of this petition that it is for inland applications being processed through Ottawa so it may not/will not have any impact on processing timelines for outland applications being processed in visa offices abroad.

star09

Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
1st January2013
Passport Req..
16th March2014
VISA ISSUED...
27th April2014
LANDED..........
30th May2014
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Here is a list:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx

Find the one responsible for the area you live in.

Example:

Good Day,

This email is to inquire as to the whereabouts of my GCMS notes. My request was sent to you April 16th 2013.

CanadianJeepGuy/Mrs.CanadianJeepGuy

UCI: XXXXXXXX

Application: F000K1234
Receipt# RXXXXXXXX

Thank You,

CanadianJeepGuy
can you please explain about mentioning the gcms notes in the letter, do i get my caips/gcms first and then mention the status to the MP or just write her a letter asking why there has been an abnormal delay in the application and whats going on with PAFSO?? please help, i am pretty new here and just found out about gcms.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
A strike update

PAFSO - APASE
June 20
Media Advisory - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Canada’s Foreign Service Officers announce additional pickets in Ottawa and escalated service withdrawals.

[Ottawa] [June 19th, 2013] - As part of ongoing job action to bring Treasury Board back to the negotiating table to address wage inequities, Canada’s Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) announced ‘information pickets’ to be held Thursday, June 20th in downtown Ottawa and further withdrawals of service in key international locations.

“The escalated scope and intensity of service withdrawals this month are a direct consequence of the federal government’s refusal to engage meaningfully with its employees on the issue of pay equity,” said Tim Edwards, PAFSO President. “While we’re eager to get back to work, these disruptions will continue until the Treasury Board offers a fair deal to our members.”

PAFSO officials estimate that job action by immigration officers has resulted in major delays to application processing and a significant drop in the number of visas being issued. These impacts will be felt directly by Canada’s tourism industry, educational institutions, and businesses relying on temporary foreign workers. The Department of Citizenship & Immigration’s decision to shift non-striking resources toward visa processing will also result in significant processing delays to applications for permanent residency. In addition, a number of ministerial and parliamentary visits abroad have been shortened or cancelled in recent weeks and negotiations with key trading partners delayed as a result of these rotating strikes. Foreign Service Officers play a central role in organizing and executing high-level visits and negotiating trade agreements on Canada’s behalf.

As of today, all eligible members are striking in the following locations: Manila, Beijing, Bangkok, Jakarta, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Chongqing and Astana. Immigration officers are striking in Delhi, Chandigarh, London, Moscow and Mexico City. In Tokyo, economic officers are also on strike. Additional withdrawals of service are impacting dozens of divisions at CIC and DFAIT headquarters in Ottawa.

“Resolving this situation would cost less than 2.5% of the total Foreign Service payroll – a tiny fraction of the economic impact that the Government’s inflexibility is creating,” said Tim Edwards, PAFSO president. “We will keep up pressure until the Government recognizes the tremendous value and dedication Foreign Service officers bring to Canadians and to our elected representatives.”

The main issue at hand remains PAFSO's request for equal pay for equal work. Specifically, the union is seeking wage adjustments to keep Foreign Service officer pay in line with comparable employment groups in the federal government, including lawyers, economists, policy analysts, and commerce officers.

PAFSO members in the National Capital Region will be holding an information picket Thursday, June 20th 2013, from 11:00 to 13:30 in front of Treasury Board Secretariat offices at 140 O’Connor St..
Email: media@pafso-apase.com

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Vats said:
Which department will be affeted by this strike???
The strike will affect the processing times of all visa classes but more so family class.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Man I'm so depressed by all of this. I filed in January. Just when the decembers were getting some movement... :(

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
keesio said:
Man I'm so depressed by all of this. I filed in January. Just when the decembers were getting some movement... :(
I feel for you guys caught up in this. I missed it by days.

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Hi everyone, I understand that the attention and priority has now shifted to hummanitarian but I would really like to know if they are still some people working on family class applications in Ottawa or is it all at a stand still? Are they finishing the the applicants who got PPR prior to the strike or have they started processing other fam class applications at a slower rate? I guess I want to know if we're waiting a longer time or are we waiting for an answer that will never come until the strike is resolved? Thanks.

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
messenger said:
A strike update

PAFSO - APASE
June 20
Media Advisory - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Canada's Foreign Service Officers announce additional pickets in Ottawa and escalated service withdrawals.

[Ottawa] [June 19th, 2013] - As part of ongoing job action to bring Treasury Board back to the negotiating table to address wage inequities, Canada's Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) announced ‘information pickets' to be held Thursday, June 20th in downtown Ottawa and further withdrawals of service in key international locations.

“The escalated scope and intensity of service withdrawals this month are a direct consequence of the federal government's refusal to engage meaningfully with its employees on the issue of pay equity,” said Tim Edwards, PAFSO President. “While we're eager to get back to work, these disruptions will continue until the Treasury Board offers a fair deal to our members.”

PAFSO officials estimate that job action by immigration officers has resulted in major delays to application processing and a significant drop in the number of visas being issued. These impacts will be felt directly by Canada's tourism industry, educational institutions, and businesses relying on temporary foreign workers. The Department of Citizenship & Immigration's decision to shift non-striking resources toward visa processing will also result in significant processing delays to applications for permanent residency. In addition, a number of ministerial and parliamentary visits abroad have been shortened or cancelled in recent weeks and negotiations with key trading partners delayed as a result of these rotating strikes. Foreign Service Officers play a central role in organizing and executing high-level visits and negotiating trade agreements on Canada's behalf.

As of today, all eligible members are striking in the following locations: Manila, Beijing, Bangkok, Jakarta, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Chongqing and Astana. Immigration officers are striking in Delhi, Chandigarh, London, Moscow and Mexico City. In Tokyo, economic officers are also on strike. Additional withdrawals of service are impacting dozens of divisions at CIC and DFAIT headquarters in Ottawa.

“Resolving this situation would cost less than 2.5% of the total Foreign Service payroll – a tiny fraction of the economic impact that the Government's inflexibility is creating,” said Tim Edwards, PAFSO president. “We will keep up pressure until the Government recognizes the tremendous value and dedication Foreign Service officers bring to Canadians and to our elected representatives.”

The main issue at hand remains PAFSO's request for equal pay for equal work. Specifically, the union is seeking wage adjustments to keep Foreign Service officer pay in line with comparable employment groups in the federal government, including lawyers, economists, policy analysts, and commerce officers.

PAFSO members in the National Capital Region will be holding an information picket Thursday, June 20th 2013, from 11:00 to 13:30 in front of Treasury Board Secretariat offices at 140 O'Connor St..
Email: media @ pafso-apase.com
Does this mean that all of Ottawa office is shut down right now, or only some portion of it? I am bummed. :'(

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Mushmash said:
Hi everyone, I understand that the attention and priority has now shifted to hummanitarian but I would really like to know if they are still some people working on family class applications in Ottawa or is it all at a stand still? Are they finishing the the applicants who got PPR prior to the strike or have they started processing other fam class applications at a slower rate? I guess I want to know if we're waiting a longer time or are we waiting for an answer that will never come until the strike is resolved? Thanks.
It's hard to get a straight answer about the specifics of what is really going on...the CIC website says pretty much nothing. I hope there are answers to these questions, maybe some links to news articles (not that the "news" ever gets anything right, sigh)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
15% of FSW's are considered essential and will continue to carry out their duties as required. What constitutes essential services would be passport issues and economic visas before anything else is my guess.

If you have just applied I would not expect any processing of PR's until the job action is resolved. I would spend my time hassling my MP mercilessly. Especially if that MP is Conservative.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Even with the strike in place, the Visa office in Mexico city has still been working, because a few people from the Mexico thread have received correspondence or AOR's, document requests etc.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
LeisaP said:
Even with the strike in place, the Visa office in Mexico city has still been working, because a few people from the Mexico thread have received correspondence or AOR's, document requests etc.
Same with Ottawa.