02-05-2012
Passport Req..
15-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
31-01-2014
neilbryansanchez said:
Hello Everyone :) I really need your help. I hope someone can give me advice regarding OPEN WORK PERMIT applications. My wife is currently working as manager at McDonald's, Grande prairie for two years now. I am planning to apply for a spousal open work permit (or whatever method is more appropriate for our situation) so that I and our 5-year-old son can follow her to Canada. Can anyone please recommend the BEST way for us to do in order to come to Canada with less risk of refusal? Should I apply for a student permit for my son or should I just apply for a TRV for him? I have already attempted to apply for a working permit for myself last year (2011) but I was refused twice because the visa officer was not convinced that I will leave Canada at the end of my contract (my wife was not a manager yet at this time). would it be a good idea if I would apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT for myself first and then apply for a TRV or STUDY PERMIT (whichever would be appropriate) for our son after my OPEN WORK PERMIT is already approved? or would it be BEST if I would apply for my OPEN WORK PERMIT and our child's TRV / STUDY PERMIT at the same time. wouldn't this method be a ground for refusal since the visa officer might think that we do not intend to leave canada at the end of our allowed stay? Please, I badly need some advice. Thanks in advance :)
Welcome to the Forum neilbryansanchez!
People here are so helpful and informative. Magtanong ka lang, kahit ano, kahit paulit-ulit na nasa previous post/thread...may sasagot pa din sa yo. They are so generous in giving advices and tips. Isa ako sa nagbenefit sa forum na ito, and in three months time- nandito na kami ng mga anak ko.
Good luck and God bless.

PS:
Hello mga kasama, hope you're all doing great!

kenj

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Quezon City, PH
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-01-2014
Med's Request
24-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015
neilbryansanchez said:
Hello Everyone :) I really need your help. I hope someone can give me advice regarding OPEN WORK PERMIT applications. My wife is currently working as manager at McDonald's, Grande prairie for two years now. I am planning to apply for a spousal open work permit (or whatever method is more appropriate for our situation) so that I and our 5-year-old son can follow her to Canada. Can anyone please recommend the BEST way for us to do in order to come to Canada with less risk of refusal? Should I apply for a student permit for my son or should I just apply for a TRV for him? I have already attempted to apply for a working permit for myself last year (2011) but I was refused twice because the visa officer was not convinced that I will leave Canada at the end of my contract (my wife was not a manager yet at this time). would it be a good idea if I would apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT for myself first and then apply for a TRV or STUDY PERMIT (whichever would be appropriate) for our son after my OPEN WORK PERMIT is already approved? or would it be BEST if I would apply for my OPEN WORK PERMIT and our child's TRV / STUDY PERMIT at the same time. wouldn't this method be a ground for refusal since the visa officer might think that we do not intend to leave canada at the end of our allowed stay? Please, I badly need some advice. Thanks in advance :)
pre, gather your docs na because you can apply for SOWP and your kid for study permit :) welcome to the thread!
our sisses here have posted the documents required for your SOWP application, and i suggest getting your nbi clearance sa robinson's otis if you don't have one yet and you live near there, mabilis dun kasi ;) start getting NSO copies of your marriage, birth, and CENOMAR/AoM na rin para you can have it authenticated by DFA, medyo mabusisi kasi yun. i hope this helps :)
just post questions here and we'll do our best to answer them

gandanglola

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
Nomination.....
24-03-2012
AOR Received.
19-07-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
03-09-2012
Med's Request
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
27-09-2012
Passport Req..
31-05-2013
hello welcome to the thread... tama ang thread na napuntahan mo everbody here is ready to help, people here are very generous and God fearing...
just gather all ur docs...like
college diploma, TOR, certificate of employments, nbi, marriage cert, birth cert for u and for ur child.
mga pictures nyo being together and with friends.
backread ka lang madami ka makukuha..

God Bless everyone...another waiting game of the day...

nebz

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
cook
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept. 14, 2012
AOR Received.
oct. 25, 2012
Med's Request
aug 22, 2013
Med's Done....
sept 4. 2013
Passport Req..
sept 10, 2013
ano po ibig sabihin ng aor at mr? hehhe

kenjiro

Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt

MR = Medical Request

GOOD LUCK..!!!

kenjiro

Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neilbryansanchez said:
Thanks bro :) ask ko lang po. anu yung CENOMAR?
CENOMAR = Certificate of No Marriage..

next time, try to use Google..

it will help you a lot..! :)

GOOD LUCK..!!!

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
@ neilbryan: hello, welcome!!! Ayan, may katoto na si kenj :p ;D

Bro, tama po lahat ng sinabi nina nigella, ate milleth, kenj, faithyou, gandanglola and the rest.... About dun sa son mo, don't worry, eligible sya to apply for student permit/dependent visa.. I have a 5 1/2 year old son, too. So far, medicals were done and we're just waiting for our precious visa from our dear God. ;D :D

Sis Nigella already gave you the checklist for the Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP). Here's the checklist of requirements that you need to prepare for your little boy's application:

Applicant for Study Permit
Cover letter
Accomplished Document Checklist
IMM1294E - Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada
IMM 5645 - Family Information
Accomplished Personal Information Form
Manager's Check amounting to P5,400.00
Two (2) Photos (Visa Canada specifications)
Passport (Original and Photocopy of Biodata Page)
NSO Birth Certificate (Original)
Baptismal Certificate (Original)
NSO Certificate of Marriage of Parents (Original)
School Class Cards (Original)
School IDs (Photocopy)
Documents of his Mother:
Employment Contract (Scanned Copy)
Labour Market Opinion (Scanned Copy)
Work Permit (Scanned Copy)
Passport (Scanned Copy)
T4 Notice of Assessment (Scanned Copy)
Bank Certificate (Scanned Copy)
Payslips (Scanned Copy)
Certificate of Employment (Scanned Copy)

Forms for Spousal Open Work Permit: (See No. 2 How do I apply?)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/working-travailler.aspx?lang=eng&view

Forms for Study Permit (Student Visa/Dependent)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/studying-etudier.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Good luck, bro... Seal your application with prayers.. God bless..

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
@batman31, hi! congrats sa inyo ng wife mo... Kelan alis ni wifey and san sya dito sa Phils?...

@annz, hello sis!!! dumating na AoR/MR ni daughter?.... Sana po, para konting wait nalang, visa na.. ;D :D

@ate milleth, hello po, kumusta napo? parating na po visa nyo... may nagdedeliver ng saturday... If ever, hanggang next week, sana nga po ano?... good luck po sa apply nyo ng family mo... ;D

@nigella, sis thank you so much for always cheering me up at pagintindi sa kaokrayan ko :p ;D.. keep in touch..

@faithyou, I'm glad to hear from you ng madalas... you're back... ;D :D Good luck sa PR application nyo ni hubby..

@ailooney, sis PM mo po ako sa fb ha... ;D

@romreyes, hello, kumusta ang interview last Feb.15? hope maishare mo po sa forum ang experience nyo para po makatulong sa iba.. salamat :D

@SPMH, chel, vinzoy and the rest, salamat po sa pagalalay palagi dito sa forum... ;D :D

baka po di ko na maisaisa.. medyo ala pa po me sa huwisyo.. hello sa mga friends namin nasa Canada na.. sa lahat po ng magaaply palang, bonggang good luck sa inyo basta po pray ng taimtim na taimtim, at sa friends na waiting mapa AoR/MR, VISA, or PR, let's be one in prayers... :) ;) ;D

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
@ ynoweh,

hehehe parang speech sa grammy ha.... :p :p :p

yah medyo madalas na ko makaonline, 'coz i'm a plain housewife again, my hubby asked me to stop working muna... ::) naawa kasi kahit sobrang tired ko from work, pag uwi ko i still find time to review for my board exam here...parang nauubusan na raw ako ng time for him...hehehehe :p :-*...kaya magpakadakilang maybahay na muna raw ako... ;D ;D ;D

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
faithyou said:
@ ynoweh,

hehehe parang speech sa grammy ha.... :p :p :p

yah medyo madalas na ko makaonline, 'coz i'm a plain housewife again, my hubby asked me to stop working muna... ::) naawa kasi kahit sobrang tired ko from work, pag uwi ko i still find time to review for my board exam here...parang nauubusan na raw ako ng time for him...hehehehe :p :-*...kaya magpakadakilang maybahay na muna raw ako... ;D ;D ;D
LOL :p ;D :D hehehe, maikli pa nga po yan.. :D :D

Mabuti nga yun sis, focused ka sa pag review, pag PR ang dami dami mo ng opportunity sa work kaya po ienjoy mo muna at alagaan si hubby. :) ;D ;D By the way, ate benny, malaki po ba talaga taxes dyan Ontario? grabe po magkaltas sa payroll ni hubby ehhhhh... :eek: :eek:

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
Nigella15 said:
@ neilbryansanchez

For your reference na rin, since sinisipag din ako ngayon (hehe!), here are the docs I (and most of the people here) submitted, para mas clear sa'yo:

1. Document Checklist for a Work Permit
2. Form IMM 1295 Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada
3. Form IMM 5645 Family Information
4. Work Permit Information Form
5. Manager's Check Amounting to Php 6,450.00
6. My Original Passports (1 current and 2 old passports)
7. Photocopies of My Passports' Information Pages and the Pages with Stamps
8. Two (2) Photos
9. Proof of Funds:
- Letter of Financial Support from Husband in Canada
- Husband's Bank Certificate
- Husband's 2010 T4
- Husband's Payslips
10. Husband's Documents:
- Husband's Work Permit
- Husband's Employment Contract
- Husband's LMO
- Husband's Passport (Photocopies of the Information Sheets of His Current and Old Passports and the Pages with Stamps)
11. My NBI Clearance (Original) >>> should be very updated (3 months current)
12. My Birth Certificate (Original and Photocopy)
13. My Certificate of No Marriage (Original)
14. Our Marriage Certificate (Original and Photocopy)
15. Selected Pictures of Me and My Husband (12 pics lang yun akin: pics with friends and family, wedding and honeymoon pics and travel pics)
16. Cards/Letters from My Husband >>> optional, we just got married kasi so I need more proof to show our relationship is genuine
17. Original and Scanned Remittance Slips
18. Land Property Title Under both our names (Original)
19. My College Diploma (Original and Photocopy)
20. My Transcript of Records (Original and Photocopy)
21. My Certificates of Employment (Original)

For your son, it's different. Just wait for the others to reply (yun mga may kids). Alam ko may mga dagdag docs pa, e. Include a cover letter, too. Para mas personalized and organized. God bless! :)
Hi Nigella15, :)
ask ko lang po. kc i was a bit confused. why do I need a certificate of "no" marriage? dba po I'am trying to convince the visa officer that I am married w/ my wife? d ba conflicting that i am submitting a marriage certificate and a certificate of no marriage? sorry newbie lang talaga. God bless!

vinzoy25

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 6, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov.1, 2013
Med's Request
March 28, 2014
Med's Done....
April 30, 2014
Passport Req..
May 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 24, 2014
neilbryansanchez said:
Hi Nigella15, :)
ask ko lang po. kc i was a bit confused. why do I need a certificate of "no" marriage? dba po I'am trying to convince the visa officer that I am married w/ my wife? d ba conflicting that i am submitting a marriage certificate and a certificate of no marriage? sorry newbie lang talaga. God bless!
hi bro! welcome sa forum, :D sometimes they tend to ask for CENOMAR especially kung newly married ang applicant or in a common-law relationship. pero kung matagal na kayong married ni wifey mo and declared ka nya during her very first application i don't think need mo na magpasa nun pero if you want to be on the safe side, you can provide one. Sa CENOMAR kase hinde lang naman singleness ang nag aappear dun, kundi pati yung marriage mo if you are married already or ilang beses ka nagpakasal or na annulled its like a history of your civil status yun po yun. hope this helps. :D goodluck sa application.

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
ynoweh said:
@ neilbryan: hello, welcome!!! Ayan, may katoto na si kenj :p ;D

Bro, tama po lahat ng sinabi nina nigella, ate milleth, kenj, faithyou, gandanglola and the rest.... About dun sa son mo, don't worry, eligible sya to apply for student permit/dependent visa.. I have a 5 1/2 year old son, too. So far, medicals were done and we're just waiting for our precious visa from our dear God. ;D :D

Sis Nigella already gave you the checklist for the Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP). Here's the checklist of requirements that you need to prepare for your little boy's application:

Applicant for Study Permit
Cover letter
Accomplished Document Checklist
IMM1294E - Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada
IMM 5645 - Family Information
Accomplished Personal Information Form
Manager's Check amounting to P5,400.00
Two (2) Photos (Visa Canada specifications)
Passport (Original and Photocopy of Biodata Page)
NSO Birth Certificate (Original)
Baptismal Certificate (Original)
NSO Certificate of Marriage of Parents (Original)
School Class Cards (Original)
School IDs (Photocopy)
Documents of his Mother:
Employment Contract (Scanned Copy)
Labour Market Opinion (Scanned Copy)
Work Permit (Scanned Copy)
Passport (Scanned Copy)
T4 Notice of Assessment (Scanned Copy)
Bank Certificate (Scanned Copy)
Payslips (Scanned Copy)
Certificate of Employment (Scanned Copy)

Good luck, bro... Seal your application with prayers.. God bless..

Hello ynoweh :) and everyone :D
Wow, you guys are really awesome. thanks for posting this info. I badly need all the advice I can get. Just one question (for now) ;D

-there are some documents that are required for my open work permit that are also required for my son's study permit. does this mean that I need to obtain two copies of the same document? since I will be submitting two separate envelops for me and my son. How should I go about this procedure?

- oh sorry, and here's another question: how do I find the school for my son? or is it necessary that he's already enrolled or something for him to be granted a study permit? what are the required documents/process that we need to obtain from the school in Canada? (or is that necessary?)

thanks in advance! I agree, the application MUST be sealed with prayers.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
ynoweh said:
LOL :p ;D :D hehehe, maikli pa nga po yan.. :D :D

Mabuti nga yun sis, focused ka sa pag review, pag PR ang dami dami mo ng opportunity sa work kaya po ienjoy mo muna at alagaan si hubby. :) ;D ;D By the way, ate benny, malaki po ba talaga taxes dyan Ontario? grabe po magkaltas sa payroll ni hubby ehhhhh... :eek: :eek:
re: taxes --- yah medyo nakakalula din yun mga income tax that they're deducting, pero sabi naman nga pag file ng income tax return e maibabalik din some of it...

san nga uli in ontario si hubby mo?