+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOYS: Spousal open work permit to canada.. Share tayo

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
Hello Everyone :) I really need your help. I hope someone can give me advice regarding OPEN WORK PERMIT applications. My wife is currently working as manager at McDonald's, Grande prairie for two years now. I am planning to apply for a spousal open work permit (or whatever method is more appropriate for our situation) so that I and our 5-year-old son can follow her to Canada. Can anyone please recommend the BEST way for us to do in order to come to Canada with less risk of refusal? Should I apply for a student permit for my son or should I just apply for a TRV for him? I have already attempted to apply for a working permit for myself last year (2011) but I was refused twice because the visa officer was not convinced that I will leave Canada at the end of my contract (my wife was not a manager yet at this time). would it be a good idea if I would apply for an OPEN WORK PERMIT for myself first and then apply for a TRV or STUDY PERMIT (whichever would be appropriate) for our son after my OPEN WORK PERMIT is already approved? or would it be BEST if I would apply for my OPEN WORK PERMIT and our child's TRV / STUDY PERMIT at the same time. wouldn't this method be a ground for refusal since the visa officer might think that we do not intend to leave canada at the end of our allowed stay? Please, I badly need some advice. Thanks in advance :)

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
Hello Everyone :) I really need your help. I hope someone can give me advice regarding
OPEN WORK PERMIT applications. My wife is currently working as manager at McDonald's, Grande prairie for two years now.
I am planning to apply for a spousal open work permit (or whatever method is more appropriate for our situation) so that I and our 5-year-old
son can follow her to Canada. Can anyone please recommend the BEST way for us to do in order to come to Canada with less risk of refusal? Should I apply for
a student permit for my son or should I just apply for a TRV for him? I have already attempted to apply for a working permit for myself last year (2011) but I was refused twice
because the visa officer was not convinced that I will leave Canada at the end of my contract (my wife was not a manager yet at this time). would it be a good idea if I would apply
for an OPEN WORK PERMIT for myself first and then apply for a TRV or STUDY PERMIT (whichever would be appropriate) for our son after my OPEN WORK PERMIT is already approved?

or would it be BEST if I would apply for my OPEN WORK PERMIT and our child's TRV / STUDY PERMIT at the same time. wouldn't this
method be a ground for refusal since the visa officer might think that we do not intend to leave canada at the end of our allowed stay? Please, I badly need some advice. Thanks in advance :)

Nigella15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan. 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 7, 2012; VISA RECEIVED: Feb. 29, 2012
LANDED..........
March 13, 2012
neilbryansanchez said:
Hello Everyone :) I really need your help. I hope someone can give me advice regarding
OPEN WORK PERMIT applications. My wife is currently working as manager at McDonald's, Grande prairie for two years now.
I am planning to apply for a spousal open work permit (or whatever method is more appropriate for our situation) so that I and our 5-year-old
son can follow her to Canada. Can anyone please recommend the BEST way for us to do in order to come to Canada with less risk of refusal? Should I apply for
a student permit for my son or should I just apply for a TRV for him? I have already attempted to apply for a working permit for myself last year (2011) but I was refused twice
because the visa officer was not convinced that I will leave Canada at the end of my contract (my wife was not a manager yet at this time). would it be a good idea if I would apply
for an OPEN WORK PERMIT for myself first and then apply for a TRV or STUDY PERMIT (whichever would be appropriate) for our son after my OPEN WORK PERMIT is already approved?

or would it be BEST if I would apply for my OPEN WORK PERMIT and our child's TRV / STUDY PERMIT at the same time. wouldn't this
method be a ground for refusal since the visa officer might think that we do not intend to leave canada at the end of our allowed stay? Please, I badly need some advice. Thanks in advance :)
Hi neilbryansanchez,

Since your wife is a skilled worker in Canada, you can apply for a spousal open work permit while your son can apply for a study permit. It's better if you both apply at the same time since that's what the people here have done in the past. That way, when approved, you both can leave for Canada at the same time and be reunited with your wife.

Just make sure that your wife's work permit is still valid for at least 6 months prior to your application and that her LMO clearly indicates that she's a skilled worker. For me, this is the BEST way to go to Canada with lesser risk of being refused.

For other info or the forms needed, please check out this link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/working-travailler.aspx?lang=en&view=d.eto

You may also try to read previous posts so you may also find out more about this program.

All the best to you!

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
Nigella15 said:
Hi neilbryansanchez,

Since your wife is a skilled worker in Canada, you can apply for a spousal open work permit while your son can apply for a study permit. It's better if you both apply at the same time since that's what the people here have done in the past. That way, when approved, you both can leave for Canada at the same time and be reunited with your wife.

Just make sure that your wife's work permit is still valid for at least 6 months prior to your application and that her LMO clearly indicates that she's a skilled worker. For me, this is the BEST way to go to Canada with lesser risk of being refused.

You may also try to read previous posts so you may also find out more about this program.

All the best to you!
Hi Nigella15,

Thank you so much for your reply :D It's so nice to hear from someone. I just want to clarify that my wife is not yet a permanent resident (if that's what skilled worker meant). Looking forward to read more on this forum. God bless!

Nigella15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan. 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 13, 2012
neilbryansanchez said:
Hi Nigella15,

Thank you so much for your reply :D It's so nice to hear from someone. I just want to clarify that my wife is not yet a permanent resident (if that's what skilled worker meant). Looking forward to read more on this forum. God bless!
No problem. There are still a lot of people here who can give you better advice, esp those with kids who are more or less the same age as your son. A skilled worker in Canada is someone whose occupation belongs to the NOC 0, A and B. And since your wife's a manager already, I believe she is one. She doesn't have to be a permanent resident, you and your son can already apply. The sooner you can start, the better :)

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
Nigella15 said:
No problem. There are still a lot of people here who can give you better advice, esp those with kids who are more or less the same age as your son. A skilled worker in Canada is someone whose occupation belongs to the NOC 0, A and B. And since your wife's a manager already, I believe she is one. She doesn't have to be a permanent resident, you and your son can already apply. The sooner you can start, the better :)
Wow! I'm really getting excited ;D I really want our family to be reunited. sayang ang panahon. I want to spend more quality time with my family. medyo expensive nga lang yata ang pag-enroll sa Canada :( and I'm not really sure about process in applying for student permit so just like what you mentioned, I hope that there would be more people here that would share their similar experience w/ me. Thanks again! :D

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Everyone :) may nabasa ko sa earlier threads about Affidavit from the spouse who is in canada. anung affidavit po itong required sa spousal open work permit application? is it invitation letter? saka pano po ipapa notarize? dito ba sa pinas or kelangan ipa-notarize ng wife ko sa canada before nya isend sakin so that I can include it with my submission? Thanks!

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
neilbryansanchez said:
Hi Everyone :) may nabasa ko sa earlier threads about Affidavit from the spouse who is in canada. anung affidavit po itong required sa spousal open work permit application? is it invitation letter? saka pano po ipapa notarize? dito ba sa pinas or kelangan ipa-notarize ng wife ko sa canada before nya isend sakin so that I can include it with my submission? Thanks!
Hi neilyansanchez, welcome sa forum! Actually, I think optional naman yung affidavit or letter of support notarized from Canada. Mas maganda kung gagawa ang husband mo ng personalize cover letter stating your why you need to follow your wife, your intention to leave Canada once her WP will expire, a little background about your love story kung newly married pa lang or maybe a family background mentioning how many kids you have, your husband present work or status, and indicate that the financial support will from you and your joint account (if available). The most imporatant to include are the documents like LMO, WP valid at least 6 months, employment contract, pay slips, T4, and bank statement of your wife.

I hope makatulong ito sa iyo. Me, I did not pass any affidavit from my husband or notarized letter coming from him. I just prepare my own cover letter including my own document checklist. Good Luck and happy reading sa mga previous posts. Ako nga pinagpuyatan at binasa ko lahat iyan at ang dami dami kung natutunan. God Bless!

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
milleth082002 said:
Hi neilyansanchez, welcome sa forum! Actually, I think optional naman yung affidavit or letter of support notarized from Canada. Mas maganda kung gagawa ang husband mo ng personalize cover letter stating your why you need to follow your wife, your intention to leave Canada once her WP will expire, a little background about your love story kung newly married pa lang or maybe a family background mentioning how many kids you have, your husband present work or status, and indicate that the financial support will from you and your joint account (if available). The most imporatant to include are the documents like LMO, WP valid at least 6 months, employment contract, pay slips, T4, and bank statement of your wife.

I hope makatulong ito sa iyo. Me, I did not pass any affidavit from my husband or notarized letter coming from him. I just prepare my own cover letter including my own document checklist. Good Luck and happy reading sa mga previous posts. Ako nga pinagpuyatan at binasa ko lahat iyan at ang dami dami kung natutunan. God Bless!
Hi milleth082002 :)
I agree sobrang helpful tlaga tong forum nato to all of us. Thank you so much for the things you shared. ask ko lang kung ano yung T4? God bless!

Nigella15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan. 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 13, 2012
neilbryansanchez said:
Hi milleth082002 :)
I agree sobrang helpful tlaga tong forum nato to all of us. Thank you so much for the things you shared. ask ko lang kung ano yung T4? God bless!
Ask your wife about her T4, I think by now, she has the 2011 one. It's for her tax. Naka-indicate kasi dun how much she earned for the period stated there. It'll show the Visa Officer that she can support you and your son during your stay in Canada and while you are still looking for a job. She may also include mga latest payslips nya (mga 3 months or so) and her bank certificate (like what milleth mentioned). They need not be original docs, ask her to scan them lang tapos print mo na lang dito para mas mabilis.. :)

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
Nigella15 said:
Ask your wife about her T4, I think by now, she has the 2011 one. It's for her tax. Naka-indicate kasi dun how much she earned for the period stated there. It'll show the Visa Officer that she can support you and your son during your stay in Canada and while you are still looking for a job. She may also include mga latest payslips nya (mga 3 months or so) and her bank certificate (like what milleth mentioned). They need not be original docs, ask her to scan them lang tapos print mo na lang dito para mas mabilis.. :)
Hi Nigella15 thank you for your encouraging words the other day. Hirap talaga maghintay Sis. God is testing our faith. But then, let's all claim the victory because we are His children. Be PATIENT!

Nigella15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan. 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 13, 2012
@neilbryansanchez

For your reference na rin, since sinisipag din ako ngayon (hehe!), here are the docs I (and most of the people here) submitted, para mas clear sa'yo:

1. Document Checklist for a Work Permit
2. Form IMM 1295 Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada
3. Form IMM 5645 Family Information
4. Work Permit Information Form
5. Manager’s Check Amounting to Php 6,450.00
6. My Original Passports (1 current and 2 old passports)
7. Photocopies of My Passports’ Information Pages and the Pages with Stamps
8. Two (2) Photos
9. Proof of Funds:
- Letter of Financial Support from Husband in Canada
- Husband’s Bank Certificate
- Husband’s 2010 T4
- Husband’s Payslips
10. Husband's Documents:
- Husband’s Work Permit
- Husband’s Employment Contract
- Husband’s LMO
- Husband’s Passport (Photocopies of the Information Sheets of His Current and Old Passports and the Pages with Stamps)
11. My NBI Clearance (Original) >>> should be very updated (3 months current)
12. My Birth Certificate (Original and Photocopy)
13. My Certificate of No Marriage (Original)
14. Our Marriage Certificate (Original and Photocopy)
15. Selected Pictures of Me and My Husband (12 pics lang yun akin: pics with friends and family, wedding and honeymoon pics and travel pics)
16. Cards/Letters from My Husband >>> optional, we just got married kasi so I need more proof to show our relationship is genuine
17. Original and Scanned Remittance Slips
18. Land Property Title Under both our names (Original)
19. My College Diploma (Original and Photocopy)
20. My Transcript of Records (Original and Photocopy)
21. My Certificates of Employment (Original)

For your son, it's different. Just wait for the others to reply (yun mga may kids). Alam ko may mga dagdag docs pa, e. Include a cover letter, too. Para mas personalized and organized. God bless! :)

Nigella15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan. 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 13, 2012
milleth082002 said:
Hi Nigella15 thank you for your encouraging words the other day. Hirap talaga maghintay Sis. God is testing our faith. But then, let's all claim the victory because we are His children. Be PATIENT!
Thanks din, ate milleth! I'm so glad I got the chance to chat with you that time coz I was also sad. Buti na lang I have people like you to encourage me. True, God is testing our faith, more PATIENCE pa talaga. We just need to believe and hold on a little bit more, I'm pretty sure malapit na dumating VISAs natin! God bless us all! :)

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
@ neilbryansanchez,

hi there bro!!! all the information you'll be needing are all well said & completely elaborated by NIGELA & MILLETH... clap...clap... clap...

since your wife is in a managerial position, she falls under NOC O, Which means that you're totally qualified to apply for SOWP together with your child. you can check the link below to confirm her NOC code:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

start gathering your documents now, most importantly are her employment documents...i'm pretty sure one of these days, you'll be shouting out here that you've got your VISA na!!!! GOODLUCK...!!! ;D ;D ;D

we can all feel for you...napakahirap talaga malayo sa ating mga minamahal na asawa... :'( ---> ;D

neilbryansanchez

Feb 21, 2012
faithyou said:
@ neilbryansanchez,

hi there bro!!! all the information you'll be needing are all well said & completely elaborated by NIGELA & MILLETH... clap...clap... clap...

since your wife is in a managerial position, she falls under NOC O, Which means that you're totally qualified to apply for SOWP together with your child. you can check the link below to confirm her NOC code:

start gathering your documents now, most importantly are her employment documents...i'm pretty sure one of these days, you'll be shouting out here that you've got your VISA na!!!! GOODLUCK...!!! ;D ;D ;D

we can all feel for you...napakahirap talaga malayo sa ating mga minamahal na asawa... :'( ---> ;D
AMEN to that, faithyou ;D Thanks! I really appreciate everyone's efforts to help me. I'm glad I found this forum. I claim the victory By GOD's grace.
@Nigella15, milleth082002, and everyone Thanks so much. I'll be posting more :D God bless us all... sleep mode muna.