+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Dear all,

First of all, thank you for creating this forum.

I am new in this group and seeking for your help. I've been in the Middle East for 11 years working as an Office Administrator and interested to migrate to Canada. I have no idea/relatives/job offer, how could I start my application? What are the procedures, requirements and others?

Looking forward to receiving your assistance.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you!
First of all, you must be eager enough to read and understand a LOT of info. :) There are tons of info available on the CIC official website and supplementary sites/forums like this. The process is designed to allow people to apply on their own, unless you get too confused with the process and/or can afford an agency/lawyer.

Check this info post, this is a good starting point: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/

Check these out too:
Come to Canada eligibility check - http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
(Unofficial) CRS calculator - https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Good luck! :)

Miles79

Nov 27, 2017
First of all, you must be eager enough to read and understand a LOT of info. :) There are tons of info available on the CIC official website and supplementary sites/forums like this. The process is designed to allow people to apply on their own, unless you get too confused with the process and/or can afford an agency/lawyer.

Check this info post, this is a good starting point: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/

Check these out too:
Come to Canada eligibility check - http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
(Unofficial) CRS calculator - https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Good luck! :)
Thank you Sir! Yes, your right. I need to read, understand and give more. Congratulations

Reactions: arthurmr

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi Kabayans, especially sa nasa Canada na. How did the declaration of funds from here (NAIA) go? I read that we have to pass a declaration sa customs before leaving, since definitely more than $10k ang dala (in cash or other methods) ng FSW. Did you get the form from NAIA on your day of departure, and passed it there as well?

Thanks!

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi Kabayans, especially sa nasa Canada na. How did the declaration of funds from here (NAIA) go? I read that we have to pass a declaration sa customs before leaving, since definitely more than $10k ang dala (in cash or other methods) ng FSW. Did you get the form from NAIA on your day of departure, and passed it there as well?

Thanks!
Hi @arthurmr ! I am still in Manila but the PDOS seminar discussed this issue very well:

Yes, per the anti-money laundering act, you have to declare to to NAIA customs officers the cash and maybe monetary devices (e.g. demand drafts, travelers checks) equal to or above US$ 10,000 that you will take with you .

For your ease, download and print the BSP foreign currency declaration form and fill it up at home before you leave: http://www.bsp.gov.ph/downloads/regulations/attachments/2006/c507a.pdf
Leave the total amount that you are taking with you blank.

Before you go to the customs desk, we were advised to check the exchange rate for the day in the airport money changer services and convert the total amount of foreign currency you are taking with you (USD rate, so I think your CAD has to be computed to the USD equivalent) .

Per PDOS, the customs officer may have to count your cash but we were told they do it in front of you to avoid accusations of theft.

As a precaution, my spouse and I are taking under US$10K equivalent in cash. Remember: customs and immigration in Canada apparently accepts updated bank certificates for you POF as long as you have access to the account. We opened an account with an international bank with presence in both the Philippines and Canada where we plan to keep our savings (ease of transfer as well--everything can be done online once we have our Canadian account with the same bank up and running). We are also looking into wire transfer via scotiabank start-right program (not advertising, heheh).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

jenhru23

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Yes po, ang ginamit ko is yung transaction history ko with the bank. Ang lalabas dun is yung last mong deposit or withdrawal sa account mo.
Hi eyts,

May I know po yung branch ng Chinabank? Kasi I talked to the branch manager where I opened my account, they don't certify daw yung printed statements from their online banking system :( Chinabank is giving me a hard time.

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi @arthurmr ! I am still in Manila but the PDOS seminar discussed this issue very well:

Yes, per the anti-money laundering act, you have to declare to to NAIA customs officers the cash and maybe monetary devices (e.g. demand drafts, travelers checks) equal to or above US$ 10,000 that you will take with you .

For your ease, download and print the BSP foreign currency declaration form and fill it up at home before you leave: http://www.bsp.gov.ph/downloads/regulations/attachments/2006/c507a.pdf
Leave the total amount that you are taking with you blank.

Before you go to the customs desk, we were advised to check the exchange rate for the day in the airport money changer services and convert the total amount of foreign currency you are taking with you (USD rate, so I think your CAD has to be computed to the USD equivalent) .

Per PDOS, the customs officer may have to count your cash but we were told they do it in front of you to avoid accusations of theft.

As a precaution, my spouse and I are taking under US$10K equivalent in cash. Remember: customs and immigration in Canada apparently accepts updated bank certificates for you POF as long as you have access to the account. We opened an account with an international bank with presence in both the Philippines and Canada where we plan to keep our savings (ease of transfer as well--everything can be done online once we have our Canadian account with the same bank up and running). We are also looking into wire transfer via scotiabank start-right program (not advertising, heheh).

Hope this helps.
Thanks, especially for the form! I actually forgot some parts of that from the PDOS haha.

I'm also bringing less than $10k cash, but I've just check again online that even non-cash is apparently included in the total computation, so bottom line we all have to go through that declaration. :p

I'm going with the CAD to CAD bank demand draft way. As per my earlier inquiry with my bank (BPI), the wire transfer has fees per increment, while the demand draft has a single fee of around $10 or $15 iirc. I'll be getting mine soon, I'll confirm the fee for both options.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Thanks, especially for the form! I actually forgot some parts of that from the PDOS haha.
Sure. I took photos of the slides with the links because I tend to forget too. ;)

I'm also bringing less than $10k cash, but I've just check again online that even non-cash is apparently included in the total computation, so bottom line we all have to go through that declaration. :p
You're right about this one! We even asked during PDOS about other currencies (we're bringing a teeny bit of another currency) and yeah, the total is what they're concerned about.

I'm going with the CAD to CAD bank demand draft way. As per my earlier inquiry with my bank (BPI), the wire transfer has fees per increment, while the demand draft has a single fee of around $10 or $15 iirc. I'll be getting mine soon, I'll confirm the fee for both options.
Demand draft also has the added safety that it is in your name. At least it can't be withdrawn even if they try to slip it into the hands of someone with sticky fingers.
True about wire transfers having fees per transaction (both from country of origin and destination). Which is why we set up the international account with HSBC which has discounted fees. :p (again, not advertising... just sharing)

Are you shipping any belongings "to follow"? I need recommendations on cargo companies. :D

eyts

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi eyts,

May I know po yung branch ng Chinabank? Kasi I talked to the branch manager where I opened my account, they don't certify daw yung printed statements from their online banking system :( Chinabank is giving me a hard time.
I took mine from San Jose, Nueva Ecija. Ask ko yung manager sa branch namin for more info. Update kita later.

Reactions: jenhru23

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
If you have any questions about migrating to Canada and you have already gotten your UIC number, I'd like to encourage you to register with YMCA's Next Stop Canada.

NextStopCanada.ca is a great way to find out about life in Canada, how to prepare for your move, what you need to do before you leave your home country and how you can bring your belongings tax free when you land in Canada.

It is a CIC funded program to help people from allover the world who are in the process of coming to Canada or have done a short landing.

They focus on the needs of the entire family, youth, adults and elders; and though they are focused on Ontario, they are offering Canada wide resources.

They are a team of immigrants themselves who speak many different languages and want to share their insider knowledge which is extremely important to know before arriving in Canada. It can save you money, time and bring you on a clearer road to success.

These services are free, as the Canadian Government funds them especially for you!

Ask them everything you want to know! Contact them as many times as you need answers.

You can contact all the pre-arrival services funded by CIC, you have the right to use all of them for free. If you dont like a service , you may move on to the next one until you find a good fit for you.

You need one of these documents to register:

Medical Examination or Security request letter
Letter requesting for passport submission
IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
Canadian Permanent Resident Visa
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

Got the golden email on the 23rd of November!!!

The email came from MANILA visa office. I have no idea if from CPC-Ottawa they transferred my application to MVO. I am FSW-Outland

Here's a little bit of my timeline to those who are interested:

AOR - July 11
RPRF Request - August 17
PPR - November 23
Passed my passport to VFS Global for stamping the very next day 24th of November.

Ask ko lang how many days or weeks before ko makuha yung passport ko? Sa experiences niyo from submission of passport to getting back mga ilang days kaya? I'm asking because I have a flight during Christmas holidays and kinakabahan ako if makukuha ko yung passport just in time for my flight. Hope you can help me with this dilemma. :)
Hi, nettiekiki

Congratulations!

If you have any questions about migrating to Canada and you have already gotten your UIC number, I'd like to encourage you to register with YMCA's Next Stop Canada.

NextStopCanada.ca is a great way to find out about life in Canada, how to prepare for your move, what you need to do before you leave your home country and how you can bring your belongings tax free when you land in Canada.

It is a CIC funded program to help people from allover the world who are in the process of coming to Canada or have done a short landing.

They focus on the needs of the entire family, youth, adults and elders; and though they are focused on Ontario, they are offering Canada wide resources.

They are a team of immigrants themselves who speak many different languages and want to share their insider knowledge which is extremely important to know before arriving in Canada. It can save you money, time and bring you on a clearer road to success.

These services are free, as the Canadian Government funds them especially for you!

Ask them everything you want to know! Contact them as many times as you need answers.

You can contact all the pre-arrival services funded by CIC, you have the right to use all of them for free. If you dont like a service , you may move on to the next one until you find a good fit for you.

You need one of these documents to register:

Medical Examination or Security request letter
Letter requesting for passport submission
IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
Canadian Permanent Resident Visa
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter

Thanks,
Abegail

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
For me, none actually haha. Some small things I'm leaving, I just might bring later on in my future visits here. :)
Thanks. It's my trade books and text books I need to ship. They're so heavy. :(

madmax25

Sep 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11/12/2017
you can join our whatsapp group just message me your number