+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For parents and brother

sabrina006

Dec 21, 2011
Hi Folks,
I came here in canada under EE this year.I have a younger brother who is studying in school at 10th grade. Can he also applied for tourist visa along with parents? he will be 18 next year December. I was wondering is there any program where i can admit him and then he can stay with me in Canada( while he hold tourist visa). I have spouse so i can not apply for other program.
Please help me regarding this.
I am also want to know if he is eligible for an work visa here ( like fruit picker, kitchen porter)
AS my parents are old , they can not take care of my brother much

Your advise is very much appreciable

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi Folks,
I came here in canada under EE this year.I have a younger brother who is studying in school at 10th grade. Can he also applied for tourist visa along with parents? he will be 18 next year December. I was wondering is there any program where i can admit him and then he can stay with me in Canada( while he hold tourist visa). I have spouse so i can not apply for other program.
Please help me regarding this.
I am also want to know if he is eligible for an work visa here ( like fruit picker, kitchen porter)
AS my parents are old , they can not take care of my brother much

Your advise is very much appreciable
Yes, he can apply for visitor visa. However, if it's clear that you're attempting to have him migrate to Canada, his visa will be denied.

No, there is no program where your brother can get to stay and work in Canada on a visitor visa. You cannot sponsor your brother. If he works on a visitor visa, he will be working illegally, and he can be banned for life from Canada if he gets caught. Don't risk that.

He will need to qualify for PR on his own in a few years. He will get some extra points because you are here - but you can't directly do anything more to help him come here.

The other option is for him to finish his schooling in his home country, and then apply to colleges in Canada. This may or may not be a viable option depending on his academic and financial situation.

However, if you apply to sponsor your parents, and manage to get approved before your brother turns 22, then he can be added to that application and become a PR that way.

Reactions: sabrina006

sabrina006

Dec 21, 2011
Yes, he can apply for visitor visa. However, if it's clear that you're attempting to have him migrate to Canada, his visa will be denied.

No, there is no program where your brother can get to stay and work in Canada on a visitor visa. You cannot sponsor your brother. If he works on a visitor visa, he will be working illegally, and he can be banned for life from Canada if he gets caught. Don't risk that.

He will need to qualify for PR on his own in a few years. He will get some extra points because you are here - but you can't directly do anything more to help him come here.

The other option is for him to finish his schooling in his home country, and then apply to colleges in Canada. This may or may not be a viable option depending on his academic and financial situation.

However, if you apply to sponsor your parents, and manage to get approved before your brother turns 22, then he can be added to that application and become a PR that way.

Thank you so much for your wise advice.
can you recommend me any course for which he can study while he holds visitors visa and can be useful in few years time if he wants to come here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
can you recommend me any course for which he can study while he holds visitors visa and can be useful in few years time if he wants to come here.
There's really nothing useful he can study on a visitor visa. For the program to be useful, it has to be a diploma or degree - these require a study permit.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
English/French language classes (for example, IELTS preparation program or a university pathway program which will allow him to get enrolled to a partner University or College). He can study while being on a visitor visa for up to 6 months.
For a program longer than 6 months he will need a study permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If your brother intends to apply for a study permit he will need either you or your parents to show that they can pay for tuition plus 10K plus have the means to pay for the rest of his education. This is usually at least 25K a year if not more.