+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For ECA which is preferred-WES, CES or ICAS

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
What about the Executive MBA from university listed in WES portal?
Does it get assessed as PGD or Masters?

Any pointers from the people who have already applied would be helpful.
MBA from premier institutes like IIMs and IITs and the ones which have a course duration of 3 years are only assessed as ‘Masters’. I don’t even know if there is a 3 year MBA. I will be losing 8 valuable points because of this policy change from WES :(

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
Hello, tanmaisneha! I'm also in the process to evaluate my education with ICES.

Which official documents did you ask your university to send to ICES? Need any signature from your university? I read the requirements on ICES website but still a bit confused. Thank you!
The university sent them a copy of transcripts ( it is an A4 paper format with all exam marks on them and at the bottom mentioning if you passed the course and when degree was awarded.) signed by the Controller of examination. Plus the mark sheet request form which is available on ICES website,

Aug 31, 2018
Is there any 1 who done MBA in Marketing from Prin. Welingker PGDM also done his / Her Education assessment and got approved.
which equivalency you got Master or 2 more certificate.

please update on same.

jsvirgo

Sep 6, 2018
The university sent them a copy of transcripts ( it is an A4 paper format with all exam marks on them and at the bottom mentioning if you passed the course and when degree was awarded.) signed by the Controller of examination. Plus the mark sheet request form which is available on ICES website,
thank you! but on the website I didn't find anything about mark sheet request form. https://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/requirements/
ps, I plan to ask my university to send my transcript by email to ICES.

Vyshak

Sep 12, 2018
Hi all,
I have a 4 yr btech degree and awaiting the results of 2 year mba. I have my bachelor's degree evaluated from Wes but now, since wes is evaluating mba as bachelor's degree only, can u guys suggest whether can opt for ices, iqas icas for evaluating mba with equilancy of masters.

jeckscorpian88

Aug 30, 2018
I need to evaluate my MBA from ICES, just want to know their actual processing time (10 weeks as per Web?) or they are taking more time. Secondly do I need to send my bachelor's also with master's or Master's documents is sufficient.

Reactions: KOKIKKK and Chokey

Expressentryabhi

Mar 21, 2018
Hi everyone!
I have completed my 3 years diploma followed by bachelors in technology and recently I've received my WES evaluation but unfortunately they have not assessed my diploma but the only bachelor's as follows:-

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS (page 1 of 1)

1. Name on Credential: Abhi
2.Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
3.Country: India
4.Credential: Diploma in Engineering/Bachelor of Technology (Integrated)
5.Year: 2017
6.Awarded By: MMU
7.Status: Recognized Institution
8.Major/Specialization: Mechanical Engineering
9.Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and bachelor's degree (four years)

I have e-mailed and called them several times and yesterday I got an email from their directors stating that ---"your report is correct. wes only provides evaluation for the highest degree attained"

but my friend got it last year as a diploma(2years) and bachelor (4 years) which was from the same university and the same integrated course with same year of admission, in addition, other applicants I have seen on this forum has got an evaluation for both diploma as well as for btech.
but I wonder why they did so in my case.

now I am deciding to go through iqas for a separate assessment for the diploma because I'm quite skeptical about the results for combined diploma and btech by iqas too.

So my concerns are :

1). if I get diploma assessed by iqas as a diploma( 2 years) whereas degree from wes, would that be a problem?

if not,

2) during verification would cic contradict on wes report where diploma has been mentioned twice(but not evaluated)??

Kindly help me out of the situation, if anybody is familiar with.

Thanks

jeckscorpian88

Aug 30, 2018
I need to evaluate my MBA from ICES, just want to know their actual processing time (10 weeks as per Web?) or they are taking more time. Secondly do I need to send my bachelor's also with master's or Master's documents is sufficient.
i have checked with them they are the only one ready to evaluate masters without bachelors but later they can ask for bachelors also. so for time saving send your bachelors too. Secondly, they are taking 10-14 weeks for ECA.

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta

sahil678

May 30, 2018
I have done it. Bachelors from WES and Masters from IQAS. You can read my details in signature.
Well Today I have received an email.

"World Education Services (WES) can evaluate your Bachelor of Computer Application from Panjab University. However, WES does not evaluate study from Punjab Technical University.

Your evaluation is on hold until we hear from you. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation."

Planning to go with another agency for my masters, most probable IQAS

I have another sealed transcript with me from Punjab Technical University, can I apply only for masters or do they need transcripts for my Bachelors too

Damn confused what to do here. Plz help

Last edited:

sahil678

May 30, 2018
i would go with ICES, super fast in evaluating.
I only want to evaluate my masters(PTU)
I spoke with ICES Representative. The information I received is
  1. I need to send them the copies of my mark-sheets on email
  2. My university needs to send them an official confirmation either on email or a letter (what can be covered in this confirmation)
I did not understood the second part
Can you please guide me here...

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
I only want to evaluate my masters(PTU)
I spoke with ICES Representative. The information I received is
  1. I need to send them the copies of my mark-sheets on email
  2. My university needs to send them an official confirmation either on email or a letter (what can be covered in this confirmation)
I did not understood the second part
Can you please guide me here...
it means the email from University cannot be from generic emails ( gmail or yahoo) it has to be the official email id of Registrar or Controller of Examinations.

daniyalyounus

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Mr. Preetsingh,

My ECA report says-

1. Bachelor of Commerce- Candian Equivalency: Two years Diploma (IQAS)
2. ACCA- Candian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree three years (WES)

Can I choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." as my education level and claim points accordingly?

Thanks for helping me out.
Please advice, can we get ACCA membership assessment from ICAS?

daniyalyounus

Sep 30, 2018
Hi rajafaran,
I am also from Pakistan and opting for IQAS for the very reason. However, my ACCA credentials can only be assessed by WES and they donot require Matric or Inter attestation for ACCAs. My question is whether it is ok to assess one credential from IQAS and another from WES? Is there any problem that I can potentially face due to this at the time of EE profile or ITA?
Looking forward for your help.
Please advice, can i get my BCOM degree from university of Karachi and ACCA assessment from WES, instead of ICAS.