+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

zenith9

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted my application yesterday from Edmonton. Expected delivery tomorrow by courier. I made full photocopies of my entire application package (a good lesson learned from my PR app a few years back).

The only thing I'm concerned about is that my name on my PR card is cut off at the end. But when I called CIC a couple years ago they said my full name is in the system and there was limited space on the card.

So when I filled out my application form it said "enter exactly as shown on your most recent immigration doc" - I still put in my full name and I doubt my application would be rejected because of it. still a small cause for worry though.

Natan

May 22, 2015
He posted the same message in 5 threads - even after being corrected the first time. I'll stick with how I feel.
spyfy quoted the actual law in one of the threads yesterday, which was enough to convince me. Perhaps OP should be pointed to that quote (I would not have been convinced without spyfy's having cited it).

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
er, on question 11, i filed out the table properly, but I only ticked YES to the applicable ones (2), and did NOT tick NO for the inapplicable ones... dang. I really hope that it is not returned based on that. I like to think of my case as a really straight-forward one (been here since 2003 as a student, worker, resident, married here, etc) with ample residence time, canadian education, all taxes filed, provincial licence to practise, no real absences etc...
Hopefully, they will not retuning it back.

Reactions: raisemyrent

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
er, on question 11, i filed out the table properly, but I only ticked YES to the applicable ones (2), and did NOT tick NO for the inapplicable ones... dang. I really hope that it is not returned based on that. I like to think of my case as a really straight-forward one (been here since 2003 as a student, worker, resident, married here, etc) with ample residence time, canadian education, all taxes filed, provincial licence to practise, no real absences etc...
I forgot to check 'no's too. I think there might be a lot of people who missed that, its unlikely they'd return all those apps because of that.

This form sucked. No ease of use was considered. Or at least it should've had a validate button so we could all be sure. pfft.

Reactions: snowflake2012

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Submitted my application yesterday from Edmonton. Expected delivery tomorrow by courier. I made full photocopies of my entire application package (a good lesson learned from my PR app a few years back).

The only thing I'm concerned about is that my name on my PR card is cut off at the end. But when I called CIC a couple years ago they said my full name is in the system and there was limited space on the card.

So when I filled out my application form it said "enter exactly as shown on your most recent immigration doc" - I still put in my full name and I doubt my application would be rejected because of it. still a small cause for worry though.
Why you need to photocopy, it's already saved in PC???

Reactions: rdutter

Natan

May 22, 2015
Why you need to photocopy, it's already saved in PC???
One should keep a copy of the "signed" and "final" packet sent to IRCC. It can be a photocopy or scanned to the computer. This, in addition to the populated PDFs one has saved to their harddrive. The copy of the "signed" and "final" packet sent to IRCC act as your legal record of what was submitted -- the populated PDFs saved to one's harddrive do not have the same legal standing.

Reactions: jsm0085

raisemyrent

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
I forgot to check 'no's too. I think there might be a lot of people who missed that, its unlikely they'd return all those apps because of that.

This form sucked. No ease of use was considered. Or at least it should've had a validate button so we could all be sure. pfft.
agreed. I guess they'll take another 6 months to come up with a validate button for this one... anyway, here's to hoping

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's so annoying. The wording makes it very, very unclear. I think you'll be okay but only time will tell!

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
submitted mine yesterday should get there Tuesday with Canada post snail service. Anyhow, I double checked the application like 5 times and kept a scan of all the forms i submitted. I also submitted copies of PR card and COP, notice of assessments, two proofs of language. I think no mistakes on my end, the only one potentially is in Q11 for physical location i put my address instead of my work address so hopefully that's not the issue. Neither the form or the instruction guide said anything about putting employer address it was confusing but oh well too late to stress now hopefully they will accept it

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I just found a mistake in my document

I checked yes to send my name to Quebec. I have never lived there hahhhqhq

I hope the officer is good.

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
I think the bottom line is unless you totally forgot to sign something or fill out an entire section or forgot to include a required document - you should be ok.

Everyone makes mistakes and tbh in the absence of clear and sounds instructions mistakes are inevitable.

The officers will also be aware of this and should be reasonable.

In any case what's done is done. Just be thankful this day finally came. For me it came after a long 15.5 years! And hope for the best.

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For taxes i answer yes to required to file because this is referring to required to file by income tax act not whether CRA forced you too. If you were working or student you have to file tax

boven2012

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
03-11-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2012
Med's Request
03-08-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
LANDED..........
20-01-2014
I have put the documents in the below order! Yes, Photos first on the package as photos are in a small envelope so I didn't want to lose them.

1. Photos (In an envelope – written my full name and UCI # on the envelope)

2. Application – CIT 002 (signed and dated)

3. Physical presence calculator (signed and dated)

4. Photocopies of valid and expired passports (biographical pages only from both the passports)

5. Copy of confirmation of permanent residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)

6. Copy of Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)

7. Photocopies of proof of English (Diploma certificate)

8. Photocopies of 2 pieces of ID (Drivers license and Passport copy)

9. Receipt of an application fee of $630.00 paid online