+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Yeah mine too. Apparently it will reach there Monday. But Im not too bummed out about it since my friend who works in CIC told me they just throw all the applications together and which ever ends up on top gets to be the 1st in line. So my application which will reach there on Monday might even get processed before someone whose application will arrive there today. Its all about chance and luck now.
That’s what I have been saying all along - a couple of days makes basically no difference - i use purolator’s Second day (sent this morning) and is said to reach the office tomorrow, which is a Friday and I am sure the CIC workers won’t do anything about it until next week

ciuvak

Mar 3, 2010
Checked "Yes" for homemaker/unemployed, but left the following table empty. Of course, big mistake not reading carefully the instructions, but it seemed logical at the time that the location address would be the same one I wrote in the previous question. Anyway, I know it's almost certain that the application will be returned, because it's missing that info. In this situation, after I receive the application back, can I just fill out the missing info and re-send it without paying again the application fee?

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
A point for consideration:
  • Not sure if someone saw this - but at least in the old guide, it said not to leave any sections which are not applicable empty. Instead one should put N/A in them.
I made a pass through my application where I did just that for sections which did not apply. Thought I'd mention for other's sake.

As for the question above, I am not sure if they want documents staped - although it doesnt say that they should be unstapled either. So I just attached the documents with paper clips. That was the instruction for the PR renewal too.

Reactions: rdutter

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
A point for consideration:
  • Not sure if someone saw this - but at least in the old guide, it said not to leave any sections which are not applicable empty. Instead one should put N/A in them.
I made a pass through my application where I did just that for sections which did not apply. Thought I'd mention for other's sake.

As for the question above, I am not sure if they want documents staped - although it doesnt say that they should be unstapled either. So I just attached the documents with paper clips. That was the instruction for the PR renewal too.
I stapled the main forms and any other docs of more than 2 pages. Simply because " I know the officers and thier behaviours" they gonna remove the clips and all pages will be scrambled.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Checked "Yes" for homemaker/unemployed, but left the following table empty. Of course, big mistake not reading carefully the instructions, but it seemed logical at the time that the location address would be the same one I wrote in the previous question. Anyway, I know it's almost certain that the application will be returned, because it's missing that info. In this situation, after I receive the application back, can I just fill out the missing info and re-send it without paying again the application fee?
That is a mistake yes. I checked yes for working and unemployed, and no for the rest. During my eligibility I was unemployed and then got a job.

Now for the addresses, emails and phones. If you were unemployed, then put the house address and N/A for the rest. If you were living in a building ( apartment) put the manager name and phone number. Employed put what is related to that job and your manager details.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
That’s what I have been saying all along - a couple of days makes basically no difference - i use purolator’s Second day (sent this morning) and is said to reach the office tomorrow, which is a Friday and I am sure the CIC workers won’t do anything about it until next week
They gonna get 1000s of app in 2 days, the guy is not gonna sign each parcel for sure.

Toronto456

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
It is usually recommended not to staple these kind of documents, they want to sort them with their own methods
Thanks, I mean staple multiple pages of one document, like application form, passport photocopies as these will have multiple pages so is it good to staple these in one or leave it like that.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, I mean staple multiple pages of one document, like application form, passport photocopies as these will have multiple pages so is it good to staple these in one or leave it like that.
You'll just piss them off. Use a paper clip or nothing. They have their own systems. Don't make the job harder.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
It is usually recommended not to staple these kind of documents, they want to sort them with their own methods
It's not a big difference but I think the opposite. If you staple all application then you are right. It is better to staple the same form pages.

Reactions: light88

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not a big difference but I think the opposite. If you staple all application then you are right. It is better to staple the same form pages.
You're better not to staple at all. You definitely should not use multiple staples.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
I am posting this everywhere to advise people, maybe it is a bit too late:

Just a heads up:

If you signed your application on October 11th, make sure you were eligible to apply for Citizenship on October 10th (Under the old regulations). At the end of the form it clearly says: You must be eligible to apply for citizenship the day before you sign your application. Sooooooooooo BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is wrong. Please don't spread misleading information. You need to be eligible under the new C6 rules on October 10th not old.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Either way should be fine, no need to overthink this... btw I paper-clipped my main form but stapled my residence calculator printout lol