+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

Niloos

Oct 12, 2017
my biggest mistake was using a VERY old Xpresspost envelope I had (from when you had to include a pre-paid envelope for CIC to send stuff back to you), and having my application delivered Monday instead of today or tomorrow. I actually applied literally on the first day I was eligible to make up for all the dragging my feet I did over the last mmm 8-9 years which resulted in the goal posts moving (Harper...) and me having to wait even more (plus I will always be horrible with finicky stuff like forms). Truth be told, there were some times earlier on when $550 or so was a bit of cash too.
Funny to think I actually went to school with people who someone managed to become residents while still attending university (to pay less tuition, if nothing else), either by bending the rules, fudging it, or who knows what... I pride myself on playing it by the book but it has become a bit of a running joke for our family and friends here that I pretty much bleed maple syrup but have naught to show for it...
anyhoy.. here's to hoping for a quick turnaround (200 days or less!)
So does it mean we have to put a return envelope in the main envelope?

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Apparently, it's not obvious to the IRCC Call Centre operators who have been advising applicants to sign/submit their applications on the 12th.
Apparently, you don't put yourself in CIC call centre employee's shoes: CIC call centre operators are being conservative because if something happened to applicant(caller), they don't want the applicant(caller) to use their response to against with CIC by saying "oh the CIC call center agent told me that I can sign and mail the application on Oct 11". therefore they tell applicant(caller) to sign on Oct 12 to cover their ass. If I work at CIC call centre, I would give the same answer as they don't know how eager we want to mail the application out. One day delay means over hundreds extra applications before you....

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I seem to remember it being there since the beginning. It appears in a yellow box, on the calculator page where you enter your absences.
I only viewed the page once. I cant remember. I have not submitted yet so ill read when am ready

All i remember is reason visit family etc is that where you add your transits?

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
I live in BC, should I select No. or I should leave it empty?
Does not matter if you select Yes or No. This is an optional question and the choice here has no impact to your application - it will actually become effective if you are granted citizenship. If you read the description right below the question, you will see what I'm talking about.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I missed the Taxes section completely. Filled out 12-(a) and 12-(c) but left 12-(b) completely blank. Couriered by Canada Post.

Any suggestion?
I don't think there is an option to stop your application from being delivered with Canada post or have it returned. You may just have to wait and see what happens. 12-b is an important question about the tax fling requirement under the Citizenship Act.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
@
Hi everyone, I have couple of questions.
-- What do you mean by biological pages of passport. Which pages should I include with the application?
-- I want to submit application for my wife and son as well. Should I put them in same envelope or in separate envelopes?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
The bio page is the one with your picture, name, birthdate, passport issue date, expire date, passport number...

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
wow it has been a while since i have been here.
So I haven't sent my application yet as I always know its good to wait a few days for known glitches and bugs.
I am going over stuff just to be sure i did not miss anything and i always find something....
latest thing was to print my name on the back of the passport pics...don't forget!

Reactions: jsm0085

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
wow it has been a while since i have been here.
So I haven't sent my application yet as I always know its good to wait a few days for known glitches and bugs.
I am going over stuff just to be sure i did not miss anything and i always find something....
latest thing was to print my name on the back of the passport pics...don't forget!
Same waiting everytime i go over i see something i missed

Natan

May 22, 2015
Apparently, you don't put yourself in CIC call centre employee's shoes: CIC call centre operators are being conservative because if something happened to applicant(caller), they don't want the applicant(caller) to use their response to against with CIC by saying "oh the CIC call center agent told me that I can sign and mail the application on Oct 11". therefore they tell applicant(caller) to sign on Oct 12 to cover their ass. If I work at CIC call centre, I would give the same answer as they don't know how eager we want to mail the application out. One day delay means over hundreds extra applications before you....
The point I'm making is that people who have interpreted "Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign the application." as meaning that one who signs the application on 11 October 2017 must be eligible under the old rules, which were in effect on 10 October 2017, should not be insulted or upbraided for having made that interpretation, because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE PHRASE MEANS, regardless of whether that is how the phrase will be interpreted by IRCC or what the Act (C-6) intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibry

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The point I'm making is that people who have interpreted "Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign the application." as meaning that one who signs the application on 11 October 2017 must be eligible under the old rules, which were in effect on 10 October 2017, should not be insulted or upbraided for having made that interpretation, because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE PHRASE MEANS, regardless of whether that is how the phrase will be interpreted by IRCC or what the Act (C-6) intended.
I disagree with you. To be eligible, under the new rules, the applicant needs to have 1095 days of residency the day prior to the date of applying. The same rule will apply if they have an app date of Dec 10th. The terminology is fine. You'd be if far better help to yourself and others if you move on and focus on spreading accurate information that may be of help to others.

noisette

Oct 12, 2017
I think we shouldn't worry for that. They literally say "Regardless of your age, you must have been physically present in Canada for at least "1095 days during the five years right before the date you sign your application". They don't specify if it was under the old rules or the new one.

Even if that was the case, do you guys think they are going to return more than 1000 applications signed on the 11 October?

I don't think so. I am not worried for that at all.

Reactions: jsm0085